Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

How are the Maya Max maestro's getting on with their battery usage? This phone idle nonsense has used up 77% of my battery since last full charge. emoji35.png

Battery has been fine, easily lasts more than a day. Not noticed any issues with the phone idle either

Ive been having problems with the home wifi dropping lately but I think the issue might have been the router

34 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Battery has been fine, easily lasts more than a day. Not noticed any issues with the phone idle either

Ive been having problems with the home wifi dropping lately but I think the issue might have been the router

I've read complaints that Android Marshmallow update 6.01 makes phone idle drain the battery but my phone say I'm on Android version 6.0. My battery is lasting me fine for what I'm using it for, just find it weird that phone idle is taking the biggest chunk of my battery charge. I would have expected it to have been the display, WiFi or Bluetooth.

I've read complaints that Android Marshmallow update 6.01 makes phone idle drain the battery but my phone say I'm on Android version 6.0. My battery is lasting me fine for what I'm using it for, just find it weird that phone idle is taking the biggest chunk of my battery charge. I would have expected it to have been the display, WiFi or Bluetooth.

Just checked my battery. It's been off charge since 11am yesterday and has 57% left, which it reckons will later another 1day and 6hours.

The highest use of the battery, though, is the phone idle at 27%
The only thing negative I've noticed about liquid glass is that IMO it shows up finger marks on your screen a lot worse.

It does, but it's easy to wipe clean with a cleaning cloth.

Something different happened with my Maya Max today. Put my phone on charge and a blue screen came up giving me the option to choose charge speed, either speed, continuous or trickle. Also gave an estimate time to full charge. No idea if this was a one off or will display this every time I charge up.

7 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Something different happened with my Maya Max today. Put my phone on charge and a blue screen came up giving me the option to choose charge speed, either speed, continuous or trickle. Also gave an estimate time to full charge. No idea if this was a one off or will display this every time I charge up.

I've never seen that. What charger did you use?

I've never seen that. What charger did you use?

I'm charging it in works van just now when it happened. Using a cable and USB charger adapter port I bought off eBay. Blue screen seems to be coming up every time I turn phone on. Its never happened before today so don't know if its had an automatic update.

41 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I'm charging it in works van just now when it happened. Using a cable and USB charger adapter port I bought off eBay. Blue screen seems to be coming up every time I turn phone on. Its never happened before today so don't know if its had an automatic update.

I just checked for updates and it didnt find any. What version you on? Mine is saying 1104.V3.05

I just checked for updates and it didnt find any. What version you on? Mine is saying 1104.V3.05

1112 V3.16. Been on that for a while now. Its weird that your phone hasn't updated to that version It's only started showing the blue screen today and it only shows when charging.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ battery saving apps to zilch...

Right... (Still no newlines on here Div ya cunto unless in edit). .... Mate that got Umi Z is still treating it with kid gloves until his Samsung piece of shit dies completely, but first impressions are positive. There's a new Z as well, twin back camera set up...

Also got another review on the Diamond , Great, apparently. No charger provided was main gripe, but for @ £90 you can't complain.

Also took X's advice on Liquid Glass .....£5.70 ffs. Get rid of your screen protectors. Better protection, but you can't see it. Videos etc look so much better etc. And after today where I had copious water, dust, blood and grease on it, I didn't even need to wipe the screen for more than a second. Well worth it...

Edited by Njord

4 hours ago, Njord said:

^^^ battery saving apps to zilch...

Right... (Still no newlines on here Div ya cunto unless in edit). .... Mate that got Umi Z is still treating it with kid gloves until his Samsung piece of shit dies completely, but first impressions are positive. There's a new Z as well, twin back camera set up...

Also got another review on the Diamond , Great, apparently. No charger provided was main gripe, but for @ £90 you can't complain.

Also took X's advice on Liquid Glass .....£5.70 ffs. Get rid of your screen protectors. Better protection, but you can't see it. Videos etc look so much better etc. And after today where I had copious water, dust, blood and grease on it, I didn't even need to wipe the screen for more than a second. Well worth it...

Can liquid glass be used on screens with a crack in them already? 

Can liquid glass be used on screens with a crack in them already? 

I'd imagine it will probably help to hide the crack. I've been lucky that I haven't dropped my phone since I applied the liquid glass in place of the screen protector. so I cannot comment on how effective it is for protecting the screen. I mentioned previously though that it does show up fingerprints much more since I applied it. That's the only downside but it's easy to wipe clean.