Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

On 1/14/2017 at 15:56, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Just dropped my Maya Max in the fishtank like a right plank. Everything seems to be OK apart from the sound which is really low now compared to normal. I'm hoping I've not f**ked it and the inside just needs to dry out.emoji45.png

On 1/14/2017 at 15:58, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Shite! The sound down and off button's aren't working now either. Not looking good.

On 1/14/2017 at 16:37, Njord said:

Rice!!!!

Had no idea what you were on about when you replied rice Njord, but my brother explained that if you put it in a bag of rice it helps remove the moisture from the inside. I gave this a shot by sealing it in a rice bag and placed bag inside a tea towel and put it on top of my radiator for a few hours and it looks like I may have got away with it as this seems to have done the trick. It was going a bit haywire. First had sound problems, then buttons not working and lastly the display would occasionally be black when switching it on but everything appears to be back to normal today. Took your advice Mr X with the Crystalusion and have applied it to my screen today. Instructions said to apply it to whole device but only done the screen as planning to keep the protective cover on it. So lesson learned. I won't be using my phone again as a torch to help find fry in my fishtank.

On 15/01/2017 at 18:01, Big Fifer said:

Apologies, forgot to give a more reasonable review. 

When I ordered the Umi Diamond was in the EU warehouse so it arrived in 4 working days which was class. Case is coming from China though and it's only just been dispatched. 

*Boring story* Basically I liken this situation to when I bought my electric shower for the flat. Had a sparky mate round the shop with me as he was helping me fit it and I was planning on going for one of the brand names where the price goes into the 100's. But he pointed me into the direction of the cheap as chips Wickes own brand model as he claimed that it's basically the same stuff on the inside and he couldn't be more right.

The diamond is the cheapest of the Umi's from what I can see and its ace. The specs (RAM, storage etc) are technically lower than my old HTC One M8 but it runs so much faster, that might change with time I guess.  The touch screen is excellent, the camera is very good also and the build quality feels solid. Again, because it's the cheapest it does have a bit of weight about it but if you go for one of the other models they look hefty slim so I'd imagine them to be much lighter. I took the praise of the Chinese phone market with a pinch of salt but if this phone lasts as it is for £90 then it's an absolute steal.

Cheers bud. Quite like the sound of Umi Diamond.

Right, update as were talking PE+ charging, there's  bug which is stopping my Plus E from fast charging. Probably takes twice as long as my Super did, no great annoyance as the charge lasts all day.Latest update was 12/01 and no fix, but hopefully Nougat will cure.

The Z is upon us, and introductory offer extended in to February, £181 inc shipping, a steal for the spec.http://www.dx.com/p/umi-z-helio-x27-mtk6797x-deca-core-phone-w-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-grey-852456263#.WH4vi_ynxTcl

Well, a young shaver at work is ditching his Samsung after seeing my Umi Super & Plus E, and yesterday ordered the Z. I'll let you know how he gets on with it, but interestingly, he bought it from the link I posted earlier, and for $3 insurance, if he has to pay customs, they'll refund it....All in I think he said around £180....

If its 77% of 10% then irrelevant. How long you getting?

Dunno tbh, it can vary and I don't usually let the battery get that low. I charge it up overnight but rarely gets to full charge by morning. I also charge it in works van during the day as I'm driving constantly at work and use it for google maps and spotify a lot.

^^ quote thing all to f**k. Indeed editor is, no new lines... Its how much power phone uses when not doing anything. YSYM,,,,try letting it go flat, then recharge to max. Doubtful to help, more likely software, sounds like a USB charge. My plus E is iffy on charge times, unlike the Super. Nougat hopefully help.