Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

I'm using between 4-5GB just now but that includes streaming podcasts that I can download via wifi at home.  Happy with Three and have been with them for years. I'll callback and try to haggle a bit, see if I can get some extra data or something.

1 minute ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Can you post that url again please?  It's taking me back to this page.

On 18/05/2017 at 11:56, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Saw on Trustpilot that a lot of people have waited up to 6 weeks with dx.com.  Is there anywhere else yoou'd recommend?  Companies on ebay/amazon look like similar times.

2 hours ago, The Diabolical One said:

Saw on Trustpilot that a lot of people have waited up to 6 weeks with dx.com.  Is there anywhere else yoou'd recommend?  Companies on ebay/amazon look like similar times.

I see what you mean with Ebay and Amazon sellers having no UK stock. Never used this site before but I see they have a Hamburg warehouse which would cut the waiting time. Depending on what colour you were planning to get, the price varies. Tomtop.com-silver or Tomtop.com - Golden. Also this Ebay seller gets his from Hamburg with a estimated delivery between 24th May- 30th May which isn't too bad, but seems he can only get the Gold one.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr X Is Music Magpie and Mobile Cash Mate are both showing as £130 for recycling my Note 4.  Do you have any preference between the two?

Gearbest has Maya Max back in stock so going to order it now. This is the one to get isn't it?

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_428898.html

Edited by The Diabolical One

Trying to decide between the Maya Max and the Umi Super myself. The diamond I bought a few months ago would've been fine if I hadn't smashed it so early, the touch screen is now doing my nut in now.

Edited by Big Fifer

1 hour ago, The Diabolical One said:

@Mr X Is Music Magpie and Mobile Cash Mate are both showing as £130 for recycling my Note 4.  Do you have any preference between the two?

Gearbest has Maya Max back in stock so going to order it now. This is the one to get isn't it?

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_428898.html

I dont think Ive ever used either of them!

Yes, thats the phone

43 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Trying to decide between the Maya Max and the Umi Super myself. The diamond I bought a few months ago would've been fine if I hadn't smashed it so early, the touch screen is now doing my nut in now.

Theres not much between them in terms of specs and price so it really comes down to screen size. Once you've had 6 inches anything smaller just seems insufficient ;)

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I dont think Ive ever used either of them!

Yes, thats the phone

Theres not much between them in terms of specs and price so it really comes down to screen size. Once you've had 6 inches anything smaller just seems insufficient ;)

I'm starting to verge towards the Maya Max. Paid next Friday so I'll buy it then (and a reasonable case). Having looked at the specs the 30-40% increase in price for the Umi Super doesn't seem worth it.

Edited by Big Fifer

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

I'm starting to verging towards the Maya Max. Paid next Friday so I'll it then (and a reasonable case). Having looked at the specs the 30-40% increase in price for the Umi Super doesn't seem worth it.

The Max comes with a protective case so hold off buying another until you see if its alright for you. To be honest, there arent that many other cases out there - one of the downsides of buying "off the grid"

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The case that comes with the Maya Max suits me fine, it's pretty unobtrusive so that I no longer notice it at all. I've dropped the phone a good few times with no ill effects so it does the job.

Fair enough. I'm just horrendous at dropping phones, not a fan of big cases but had kind of accepted defeat on this. Hopefully the plastic one plus the liquid glass will be enough for me.

14 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The case that comes with the Maya Max suits me fine, it's pretty unobtrusive so that I no longer notice it at all. I've dropped the phone a good few times with no ill effects so it does the job.

Me too.

11 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Fair enough. I'm just horrendous at dropping phones, not a fan of big cases but had kind of accepted defeat on this. Hopefully the plastic one plus the liquid glass will be enough for me.

It looks like its been designed specifically for drops. The only thing it wont protect you from is dropping the screen directly onto something like a rock