Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

FFS Nord got a £38 import charge from Gearbest?

Is anyone using an mp3 as a ringtone on the Maya Max?  Can't see the option to add one via settings/sound and notification/ringtone. I did manage to add one to the ringtones section using stock music player but when I try to choose that option as my ringtone there is no audio there whereas all the pre added ringtones have sound.

Anyone any experience of Xiaomi? Looking at the Note 4, there's loads of nice chunky cases which will help with me being a clumsy c**t. Specs seem better than the Maya Max apart from the screen size. Only concern is whether it works on 3's network's bands which I think the global version will.

Edited by Big Fifer

4 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I have a Note 4 on 3 Mobile that I'm going to recycle if you want it.  No box or charger though.

The fact you're getting rid of it worries me :lol: How is it as a phone? If it's good condition then I'll take it off your hands for a reasonable fee.

I bought a Maya Max for the larger screen.  It's in very good condition imo I always keep my phones away from keys/coins etc,I just don't know where the box or charger is.  If you're still in Edinburgh your welcome to take a look at at it or I can email pics.  Recycling companies are offering £130, could get a bit more on ebay but just want to sell it with as little hassle as possible tbh.

On 2017-7-13 at 09:54, Boostin' Kev said:

I have a Note 4 on 3 Mobile that I'm going to recycle if you want it.  No box or charger though.

How much would you be after for that, mate? I came on the thread today to look at prospective cheap new phones because mine has all but died on me in the last week and i'm too rooked to be looking anywhere other than at the budget end of the market.

Bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X last night for £150 as my phone screen completely shattered yesterday when I touched it.

Was torn between that and the Ulefone Power 2 but ended up going with the Note 4X. A bit less bulky and the battery life is supposedly the same.

Persuaded my mate to get a Maya Max, so I ordered one for him, but can't get the sim card tray to shut properly with or without sim card inserted. The sim card tray was a bit fiddly on mine but got it closed properly after a few attempts. It looks like I'll have to send it back to DX.com which is a pain in the arse.

Shame for your mate.  Mine's does usually take a couple of attempts to close but that's due to the SIM coming out of the tray.

Just managed to get the sim tray shut on my mates Max there, only the tray was empty as he'd taken his sim away. Can guarantee when I try it with the sim in the tray it'll no close right. [emoji1]

• 2 weeks later...

My Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 arrived just before I went on holiday there. Decided to gamble and take it even though the case hadn't arrived yet. It's managed to survive and it's an absolute belter of a phone. Feels very comfortable in the hand, very fast, camera is so much better than my old UMI diamond and the touch screen is similarly a massive improvement.