Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

I'll give it a try thanks. When I first connected my phone to my laptop earlier it said it had installed the drivers and seems to recognise my phone on the Desktop>My Computer panel whenever I attach the USB but when I double click the phone icon on the panel there's nothing at all there. 

Very pleased with it especially considering it cost £30 less than I'm going to get for recycling my Note 4. Stock launcher (Bingo Launcher) is awful imo but I assume that anyone buying a phone like this will be installing something like Nova anyway.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

Has anyone had any problems receiving phone calls? 

I dont get many calls to my mobile but I had one the other day but couldnt answer it - then turned out it had answered by itself. When I went into the phone app I cant bring up the screen with the call info on it

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Has anyone had any problems receiving phone calls? 

I dont get many calls to my mobile but I had one the other day but couldnt answer it - then turned out it had answered by itself. When I went into the phone app I cant bring up the screen with the call info on it

Never had that problem, no. Maybe rebooting will fix it.

7 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Never had that problem, no. Maybe rebooting will fix it.

Cheers, the phone switched off each night and this has been happening for a while.

I've just checked the default apps and there wasnt one set for calls. I've set it now and will try it out later

Was having a wee look round at Xiaomi stuff then back over to the Bluboo website where I discovered that the Maya Max is back on stock on AliExpress but they're having a pre-sale for their new Bluboo S1 which looks ridiculously nice (shame about the 3500mAh battery. Also a shame it's not payday till Friday, looks like it's £126 price is for today and today only in case anyone fancies a flutter.

Well.....onto Chinese junk #3 [emoji4]

Ordered last weekend, processed Monday and dispatched from Shenzen, it arrived in Inverness Thursday and delivered North on Friday.

This time I went for the Umi Super as I wanted the ability to get 800 MHz 4G as I believe that is what's about to get turned on bigstylee up here by EE and maybe 3.
Build quality is great and the spec is blinding for the cash, so once I know what network will work best for my locations, I'll whip out the 2nd sim and pop in a 256 card giving 288 giggidy gigs of memory [emoji4]
http://www.umidigi.com/page-umi_super_overview.html

Still to properly muck around with stuff as getting used to android 6.0 but it has the feel of a really good bit of kit.

I did make the rookie error and bought from a site (gear best) that I hadn't used before so got hit with £38 Customs, but even then it was still below my budget of £200.
Phone £140+£12 shipping +£3insurance + £38 customs = £193 I think.

Oh, and there is one by Ulhans or something on the go for $50 which will do the 4G bands over here. Might even get one just to see. Do as a prezzie after I've had a swatch.

Ordered last weekend, processed Monday and dispatched from Shenzen, it arrived in Inverness Thursday and delivered North on Friday.

This time I went for the Umi Super as I wanted the ability to get 800 MHz 4G as I believe that is what's about to get turned on bigstylee up here by EE and maybe 3.
Build quality is great and the spec is blinding for the cash, so once I know what network will work best for my locations, I'll whip out the 2nd sim and pop in a 256 card giving 288 giggidy gigs of memory [emoji4]

Still to properly muck around with stuff as getting used to android 6.0 but it has the feel of a really good bit of kit.

I did make the rookie error and bought from a site (gear best) that I hadn't used before so got hit with £38 Customs, but even then it was still below my budget of £200.

Oh, and there is one by Ulhans or something on the go for $50 which will do the 4G bands over here. Might even get one just to see. Do as a prezzie after I've had a swatch.