Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

Getting an authentication problem when trying to connect to wifi with router at home.  Wifi is fine on either devices.  Any suggestions?  Can't even see how to enter the router password.

When you click on your home router in WiFi on phone, it should automatically take you to the password page.

I can enter passwords into my neighbour's wifis just not mine.  I maybe did something when I tried to set it up the other day after having a few beers!  Maybe if I forget the network and try to find it again that'd fix it?

Switched router on and off earlier. Hadn't rebooted phone since. so doing that now.

Edit: That seems to have sorted it, thanks again.  Going to have to spend time getting the phone all set up again, nova launcher and other little apps that I used, the stock setup seems pretty tough to negotiate compared to how I had my Note.  In the meantime if I turn off cellular data in through settings does that turn off ability to receive texts/calls as well as 4G and if so what do I do to receive calls at home whilst connected to wifi only?

Switched router on and off earlier. Hadn't rebooted phone since. so doing that now.
Edit: That seems to have sorted it, thanks again.  Going to have to spend time getting the phone all set up again, nova launcher and other little apps that I used, the stock setup seems pretty tough to negotiate compared to how I had my Note.  In the meantime if I turn off cellular data in through settings does that turn off ability to receive texts/calls as well as 4G and if so what do I do to receive calls at home whilst connected to wifi only?

WiFi is just for internet so you'd be unable to make calls/texts. Unsure about receiving them though. You could use WhatsApp to send messages on WiFi if switching data off.

When I was using my Note at home I had mobile data turned off/wifi on and was able to make and receive calls/texts.  Is there a similar option on the stock software until I get everything set out to how I had it before?

I stand corrected. Just assumed Wi-Fi was for internet usage. No idea about stock software, sorry! Never use it.

I had some app (sure it was separate to Nova Launcher) that allowed me to have buttons set up in the pull down menu at the top of the screen for Wifi/bluetooth/mobile data/GPS/flight mode etc.  Can't remember what it was called but I can get all figured out in time.  Phone seems to be connecting to everything it should be at the moment so that's the main thing.  Thanks again.

44 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I had some app (sure it was separate to Nova Launcher) that allowed me to have buttons set up in the pull down menu at the top of the screen for Wifi/bluetooth/mobile data/GPS/flight mode etc.  Can't remember what it was called but I can get all figured out in time.  Phone seems to be connecting to everything it should be at the moment so that's the main thing.  Thanks again.

Cellular data is for data, it wont affect calls or texts 

Have a look at the Nexus launcher. I used to use Nova but switched a while ago

All apps were showing under settings page. Did a reboot and got the option to start using nova so can see everything now and been able to move from stock keyboard to SwiftKey so it's just a matter of fine tuning now. Could do with finding those connectivity buttons now then can take my time getting things sorted. Underestimated how much I'd done to my Note 4. 

Anyone know if it's possible to check your download history on the Maya Max? I can't seem to find this option. Reason for asking, I downloaded the Hola VPN app yesterday and tried my IPTV through it. Ever since then my playlist won't work on the IPTV player on my phone. It's still working fine on my android box so I know the VPN that's caused the problem on the phone. I've tried uninstalling Hola and resetting my phone. Also tried uninstalling my IPTV player and reinstalling it and putting the IPTV URL back in, but still won't work. Tried other IPTV players too and same outcome. I reckon even though I've uninstalled Hola there is still some of its system files lurking in the background of my phone. With other Android phone's I've had, all I had to do was go into settings and there was a download history section but I'm stumped on how to view it on the Maya Max.[emoji53]Not sure it's even possible. My last resort is a factory reset but I really want to avoid that pain in the arse scenario.

I've finally solved the problem. Turns out it was my ad blocker 'Adguard' that was blocking my IPTV channels.  I've had Adguard installed for months too without any problems but it must have turned on it's VPN blocker on since I used the Hola app yesterday. Went into settings>More options and in there 'VPN'. Only app showing up was Adguard. After I switched it's VPN blocker off my IPTV playlist was working fine again. :)

How do I drag and drop files onto my Bluboo?  Trying to put mp3s on there and get an error message saying that device has stopped responding or been disconnected.  I have it attached to my laptop via USB in the same way that I always have with android.  I noticed that when ever I double click on the Bluboo icon in the Computer section of my hard drive there's no pre created folders there whereas in previous androids there's always been folders like Music, DCIM, Downloads etc.

11 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

How do I drag and drop files onto my Bluboo?  Trying to put mp3s on there and get an error message saying that device has stopped responding or been disconnected.  I have it attached to my laptop via USB in the same way that I always have with android.  I noticed that when ever I double click on the Bluboo icon in the Computer section of my hard drive there's no pre created folders there whereas in previous androids there's always been folders like Music, DCIM, Downloads etc.

I think you need to install drivers. Its not something I do, to be honest.

http://singledrivers.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/bluboo-maya-max-usb-driver-for-windows.html