dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

Any prizes for spotting spelling mistakes?

Page 223, Paragraph 1, Line 3, first word "Thstle" :smartass

If everyone could take a Biro and add an 'i' there I'd be much obliged.

Assuming that's the only error, I can live with one spelling mistake in a 75,000 word novel.

If it transpires there are more then it's game on for the blood-soaked rampage I've always imagined I'll go on one day.

I'll be coming for you first, Swarley. Live in fear ya eagle-eyed c**t.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming that's the only error, I can live with one spelling mistake in a 75,000 word novel.

If it transpires there are more then it's game on for the blood-soaked rampage I've always imagined I'll go on one day.

I'm genuinely making a list as I re-read it. I was going to try and be helpful to Teckle for when the 2nd edition comes out.

Barry was very well spoken on OTB. Bit of a let down to be honest, I was expecting pehs, and mehs, and eh'm etc. :(

Edited: Not a let down in terms of what he said or his performance, more that he didn't speak like Jocky which is what I was hoping for. Still love you, ya big ride.

I noticed a couple of mistakes. You wouldn't hurt a fellow Dee though would you?

MON THEN CUNTO!

FUCKIN' OOTSIDE THEN c**t!

I'm genuinely making a list as I re-read it. I was going to try and be helpful to Teckle for when the 2nd edition comes out.

If you could email it to grant@tecklebooks.co.uk that would be a great help, RB. Thank you.

The second print run is already on its way, so it'll be the third run before the mistakes are weeded out.

Book selling brilliantly by the way folks, well chuffed to get the first print run sold in a matter of weeks. Thank you to everyone who bought a copy.

Barry was very well spoken on OTB. Bit of a let down to be honest, I was expecting pehs, and mehs, and eh'm etc. :(

Edited: Not a let down in terms of what he said or his performance, more that he didn't speak like Jocky which is what I was hoping for. Still love you, ya big ride.

Radio voice, cunto. If I started meh peh-ing it I'd have ended up swearing. Or naebody would understand anything I was saying.

That said, I am a fairly well spoken c**t. My mother did a fine job raising me so she did.

My brother was at the family home when the show was on and said her face was a treat when I mentioned being at a live sex show on magic mushrooms.

Sorry Ma.

I noticed a couple of mistakes. You wouldn't hurt a fellow Dee though would you?

Sorry pal, forget where I was there. I shall spare you when the slaughter kicks off.

I'm going through the same process so if anyone does spot anything, drop me an email/PM.

Unfortunately due to time constraints it wasn't possible to see the book in printed form before we went ahead with the run so despite the constant readings on screen, paper and pdf we weren't able to catch everything. I read a book by a top author and published by a proper company the other week that had a horrendous mistake in it that was actually vital to the plot.

Like dodgy Dundee owners, no matter how you vet them a few always slip through.

And anyway, surely punk DIY credibility rests on making a c**t of it from time to time unlike those charmless conglomerates with their faceless perfection?

In years to come, people will be boasting about being there from the start and owning the version where Thistle was misspelled.

I'd like to re-mention the shocking lapse in the prose where you mention The Rangers being a new club.

Get it sorted, or by the power of Greyskull, I'll have the RST onto you.

I scored over that bit in black marker in the second copy you ordered, Knightswood. It's nae bather.

In years to come, people will be boasting about being there from the start and owning the version where Thistle was misspelled.

Exactly. Copies with the mistakes still intact will be as rare and cherished as that recalled run of Candle in the Wind where, with a good pair of headphones, you can hear Elton and David Furnish fucking in the outro.

Forgot to post in here after I'd finished it a few weeks ago, thought I had, but must have slipped my mind. Can just echo what everyone else has said, Barry, the book was excellent mate. The Letter and the fact the book was signed were cracking wee bonuses (I'll get a copy of the letter posted up if I remember, it's a belter), but the book itself is a genuinely excellent, funny, heart-warming read. Was actually pretty gutted when I finished it.

Teckle books have done a tremendous job. Good work lads, have bought another copy for the old boy for Christmas. Very much looking forward to book two now.

I'd like to re-mention the shocking lapse in the prose where you mention The Rangers being a new club.

Get it sorted, or by the power of Greyskull, I'll have the RST onto you.

You do realise that this book is a work of fiction (from a clearly disturbed and possibly psychotic individual)? Therefore "The Rangers" in the book bears no resemblance to The Rangers in real life.

If this book was actually based on real life then every character from Scottish football over the last 30 years would be lining up to sue Teckle Books! ;)

Yaaaas square go with a celebrity.

Bring your dominoes. Paul Robinson and the Lassiters crew want a rematch. They are convinced you were cheating and had two double blanks up your sleeve.

You do realise that this book is a work of fiction (from a clearly disturbed and possibly psychotic individual)? Therefore "The Rangers" in the book bears no resemblance to The Rangers in real life.

If this book was actually based on real life then every character from Scottish football over the last 30 years would be lining up to sue Teckle Books! ;)

You should know by now that "fiction" and "non-fiction" are alien concepts to us.

For example, I went to see Gravity the other day and have now written a letter to Sandra Bullock offering my congratulations at surviving such a harrowing ordeal.

I also asked if I could have the wee black pants she wears for much of the films running time. For research.

You should know by now that "fiction" and "non-fiction" are alien concepts to us.

For example, I went to see Gravity the other day and have now written a letter to Sandra Bullock offering my congratulations at surviving such a harrowing ordeal.

I also asked if I could have the wee black pants she wears for much of the films running time. For research.

When you're finished researching them can I get them for a sniff?

Archived