New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really surprised ICT have plumped for Hughes over Hartley. Given the closeness of the squad, and the quality there, top 6 should be comfortable for this season.

I suppose the real test of whether the choice of manager was right will come next season, particularly if there's a couple of big players picked off by clubs in England.

If it's to work, judging by feedback from the Falkirk fans, the board up the road will need to keep a tight control over the budget and signing policy.

Really surprised ICT have plumped for Hughes over Hartley. Given the closeness of the squad, and the quality there, top 6 should be comfortable for this season.

I suppose the real test of whether the choice of manager was right will come next season, particularly if there's a couple of big players picked off by clubs in England.

If it's to work, judging by feedback from the Falkirk fans, the board up the road will need to keep a tight control over the budget and signing policy.

We didn't, Hartley ruled himself out of the job. Kenny Shiels and Hibs fans that are bitter about this appointment.

The manager does not have control over the finances, he is told his budget and then he has to work within this.

We didn't, Hartley ruled himself out of the job. Kenny Shiels and Hibs fans that are bitter about this appointment.

The manager does not have control over the finances, he is told his budget and then he has to work within this.

What in the hell have we got to be bitter about? Yogi was shite for Hibs, total shite. Then went on to manage British football heavyweights like Livingston & Hartlepool.

Not bitter at all, genuinely hope it works well for him as he was a favourite of mine when he captained us. Just think he's an incredibly shite manager.

When he wins Inverness the Scottish cup, it will probably be the most hilarious thing to happen in Scottish football, other than the Sevco fiasco.

As sceptical as I am about his chances of his success, that would be absolutely tremendous.

John Hughes is a great manager IMO, would fit right in at Caley and take Terry's project further if given the same time and patience. His track record speaks louder than idiotic Hibs fans.

Got Falkirk promoted and kept them in the SPL for four years, then got Hibs to 4th then they got the hump and sacked him because that's what Hibs do.

We might have finished 4th that season and qualified for Europe but his football was pish except the first half of the 09/10 season.

Fourth, Europe and some reasonable football.

Wow, that sounds horrific :o

Edit: He's a pish manager. Falkirk fans warned us when he was appointed and we laughed at them. They were spot on though. Said he'd have us riding high at the start but once it started to go wrong there would be no turn around. We won 5 games out of 27 from February 2010 till October 2010 and he deserved to be sacked, we were well ahead in third place till the slump and we had to win on the last day to scrape fourth place. Stokes and Riordan only carried him so far. Valdas Trakys and Edwin De Graaf ffs!

H1875 has got it right here, Hughes was horrific in the end. Worst bit was he actually didn't think we were going badly apart from playing shite and getting beat every week.

I would have preferred to have seen Hartley get the gig and thought he was the obvious choice - I just hope that the board haven't rushed this appointment through if and when he did rule himself out - there was absolutely no necessity for them to do that.

No doubt they'll come out and tell us that Hughes was the preferred choice from the start.

Archived