New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

No assistant appointed yet:

Chairman Kenny Cameron said that Hughes is in the process of selecting an assistant and "has not ruled out choosing someone already at the club". http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25203280

I hope he'll consider Charlie Christie as his assistant. Articulate, thoughtful, experienced, good all round guy who has a long association with the club - the type of guy who prefers to encourage players by praising them, rather than bad mouthing them.

Could be the perfect foil for JH.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just awful. For the first time ever I'm geniunely convinced we've appointed a dud.

I'm sure Hughes is a nice guy but he just doesn't have it.

Another Myth, Hughes is not a nice guy infact he's the complete opposite of a nice guy.

Swap nice guy with dellusional fud, then your bang on the money.

Good luck, your going to need it.

I'm shocked Inverness appointed Hughes!! He may prove everyone wrong and do good but I do think Inverness deserved a better manager. He'll probably do ok with the team the way it is till the end of the season but if a couple of your good players leave at the end of the season, Hughes will replace them with crap!! Say goodbye to the likes of Billy Mckay and hello to the likes of Valdas Trakys and Edwin De Graaf!!

I've been having odd dreams lately so thought that this appointment might have been part of one.

But no, it has actually happened.

John Hughes :lol:

I quite like Inverness, so it will be good to see them again in a couple of seasons

And it won't be in the Premiership

Wow, this really has happened. I thought a Ross county troll had invaded BBC sources for the LOLZ.

RIP Diagonal balls for Foran to knock down and McKay to poke in.

None of McKay's goals this season have come from a Foran knock down.

I just have a feeling this'll turn out better for ICT than anyone expects. I think he'll lead them to a top 3 finish this season (and lose the LC final, but it's still a final appearance they've never had before?).

He'll lose some players in the summer, bring in some L1/L2 players no-one's heard of in the summer, win at least one, if not 2 rounds in Europa league qualifying, change ICTs style of play completely, have them 3rd in the league at Christmas 2014 then leave for a job in England again.

Question for Hibees, Bairns, etc.

We hardly ever manage to get our U20s into first team regulars (just G.Shinnie and Nick Ross). Will this change, will Yogi work with the young guys and get them to a level Butcher couldn't / wasn't interested in?

I just have a feeling this'll turn out better for ICT than anyone expects. I think he'll lead them to a top 3 finish this season (and lose the LC final, but it's still a final appearance they've never had before?).

Have ICT got at least a fifteen point lead over fourth spot? I genuinely don't know. Either way, that's what they'll need in order to finish third.

If I could work the multi quote function on this fucking app i'd be able to answer directly the guy's question about whether Hughes will play the u-20's. Don't count on it, would be my answer.

He'll bully, he'll shout, he'll talk shite about how he likes the gate played, all the while scratching his head as another team gets round his one gameplan, by simply asking their strikers to press the defenders and goalie into making mistakes.

Question for Hibees, Bairns, etc.

We hardly ever manage to get our U20s into first team regulars (just G.Shinnie and Nick Ross). Will this change, will Yogi work with the young guys and get them to a level Butcher couldn't / wasn't interested in?

They'll get a game but only if Hughes has no money to waste. If any young lad makes it Hughes will spin doctor the f**k out of it.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him win the league cup but then screw up next season. The immediate concern will be whether or not he changes the current winning formula in an attempt to put his own mark on the team.

I remember a challenge cup final, where I had a seat pretty close to his dug out. I was surprised by quite how much he verbally abused his players on the pitch, who largely ignored him, but I'm sure would affect one or two players under his management. I don't know if that's still part of his game and that was very early on in his management career, mind you.

I sat in the main stand for a spell at TFS and I used to cringe at some of his antics during games -

He would suddenly scream random sounds at players ... like a donkey with tourettes ... I could never make out what he was saying and I'm sure most of the players didn't have a clue especially since it seemed to be mostly the Portuguese players he was shouting at - and most of the time you'd see the player trot away apparently confused by wtf was going on !

That said, Hartley would have been just as big a risk. When Hughes moved from Falkirk to Hibs he was spoken about in the same regard that Hartley is today

Not by the Falkirk support he wasn't - there have been hunners of posts on P&B from Hibs fans saying that they regretted laughed of our warnings about him.

He's a nice enough fella it has to be said, he does generally give a decent post match interview although you have to listen to what he says rather than how he says it !!

And at least he's had the short sharp shock of 'England' out of his system (although 'unfinished business' might get spouted if he hits the ground running at ICT !) He actually mentioned wanting away to England during his first interview as the Hibs manager FFS !!

Has he mentioned 'gold dust' yet :lol:

Archived