Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

They weren’t actually trading at that amount though obviously, it was a glitch on CMC/Coinbase.

Yeah that much is obvious now but for a little while there I was a complete wreck. Fumbling over my trust wallet trying to press buttons and my hands wouldn't work 😂

4 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

Did anyone else experience that crazy anomaly with Baby Doge yesterday? I have 16,000,000,000 and at one point coin market cap had them trading at upwards of $2 dollars. I couldn't switch any of them to a less volatile currency on the exchanges and if you go back today all the exchanges are showing a flat line and no change, where yesterday there was a massive spike between around 11:30am and 2pm.

Am I right in thinking your investment looked like it had gone from $22 to $32 billion?

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Am I right in thinking your investment looked like it had gone from $22 to $32 billion?

Yes, That's exactly what it was telling me. Obviously sounds ridiculous but when you see the numbers right there in your wallet and it's verified on CMC your mind does play tricks.

1 hour ago, The Equalizer said:

Yes, That's exactly what it was telling me. Obviously sounds ridiculous but when you see the numbers right there in your wallet and it's verified on CMC your mind does play tricks.

"Can you put a pause on that Lear jet order please?"

On 15/12/2021 at 23:01, D TOTAL said:

It’s not crypto but I have a 1k in AMC holding for the sweet raise it’s (hopefully) gonna be

(investment thread for this pish but...)

Not a bad start.

image.png.58ba13594382f7929840097d29654bf6.png

I got into AMC earlier this year and was lucky with timing. Just after I bought around $10 it started its run to 70. I sold half around 60 and a bit more in the 40s, still holding the rest now in case the short squeeze thesis is right. I can't see it though tbh. The markets are rigged against retail and the short sellers have almost infinite funds to keep it pushed down. Days like this keep the 'apes' believing.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

(investment thread for this pish but...)

Not a bad start.

image.png.58ba13594382f7929840097d29654bf6.png

I got into AMC earlier this year and was lucky with timing. Just after I bought around $10 it started its run to 70. I sold half around 60 and a bit more in the 40s, still holding the rest now in case the short squeeze thesis is right. I can't see it though tbh. The markets are rigged against retail and the short sellers have almost infinite funds to keep it pushed down. Days like this keep the 'apes' believing.

Good luck to them bringing King Kong under heel, apes stick together 

also couldn’t find an investment thread 😁

Edited by D TOTAL

38 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

How is this a thing?

I nearly joined dfinity last year. Thankfully I dodged that bullet.

Whoever turned that NFT into the title deeds for his house is going to be well pissed off when the artist knocks on his door.

RADAR AIrdrop- For Any dapp user who has used 1 Ethereum dapp in the past 6 months, and at least 10 Ethereum dapps in a wallet’s lifetime.

SOS airdrop - Airdrop for anyone that has used Opensea. (This aims to be some form of vampire attack on OpenSea) but is free money at the moment.

My Airdrops came to around £400. (-£60 for ETH Gas fees).

Nice Christmas present

RADAR AIrdrop- For Any dapp user who has used 1 Ethereum dapp in the past 6 months, and at least 10 Ethereum dapps in a wallet’s lifetime.
SOS airdrop - Airdrop for anyone that has used Opensea. (This aims to be some form of vampire attack on OpenSea) but is free money at the moment.
Nice Christmas present
Yeah, AD game has been quite good fun. I've been on the XRPL airdrops train last few months as they cost literally nothing in gas fees. About the same up as you at the minute and got VGB a few days ago which I haven't sold yet but is pumping just now. Currently sitting at about $400 value for me again.

7 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
11 minutes ago, iron mike python said:
Nice Christmas present

Yeah, AD game has been quite good fun. I've been on the XRPL airdrops train last few months as they cost literally nothing in gas fees. About the same up as you at the minute and got VGB a few days ago which I haven't sold yet but is pumping just now. Currently sitting at about $400 value for me again.

The game theory behind the SOS airdrop is fascinating. Will the SOS community be able to pull together to create a community owned OpenSea? How good are the incentives to use the alternative version?

Will this force opensea to rush out a Token of their own with better tokenomics than the alternative?

We saw this play out last year with Sushiswap forking Uniswap along with a token, which forced Uniswap to rush out their own.

27 minutes ago, iron mike python said:

Nice Christmas present

Do you pay the gas fees with fiat?

So you are spending a valuable crypto currency to obtain a brand new one?
This is how layer 1 networks work. This is WHY ETH is valuable. Without the utility in paying for Gas fees, ETH would just be another useless meme coin.

Part of using the networks, whether that be ETH, XRPL, BSC, AVAX or whatever is using the native token to pay fees.

No different to sending a cross border payment in fiat and paying the fee for that. Except the bank doesn't pocket the fee.

ETA to answer a likely question: in most cases the fee is burned, reducing the supply, making what's left more scarce, increasing the demand and thus the overall price, based on volume.