Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Anyone know if he's injured at all? Noticed he's not been playing for this new club, early days in the season but he's not on the bench today.

Maybe he's been recalled by Sporting to replace the newly-sold Joao Mario, he is injured, or he just has not made the bench...

I hope its not the latter, as that would not be good sign...

P.S. - Hope he's not injured either....

Was on the bench last week but hasnt made the squad tonight which is a bit disappointing.  Would have hoped he would have moved to a team that were looking to give him some game time.  Still he's only 20 and has no doubt had a better footballing education than he would have received under the masterminds that were McNamara, Jackson and Mixu.

Was on the bench last week but hasnt made the squad tonight which is a bit disappointing.  Would have hoped he would have moved to a team that were looking to give him some game time.  Still he's only 20 and has no doubt had a better footballing education than he would have received under the masterminds that were McNamara, Jackson and Mixu.

Just realised, Coach may have decided to let Ryan go home a bit early to join up with under-21s for the Macedonia game on Friday. Understandable, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Burke's recent career trajectory has well and truly smashed the glass ceiling for Scottish exports. Gauld might make it in the Portuguese league eventually but it's been a slow and painful journey so far

Yes, it has been slow & we're all so keen for him to make it. I think he will make it, as he has a lot of quality in him. Playing as holding midfielder is less flashy, so harder for him to stand out at the moment..

Yes, it has been slow & we're all so keen for him to make it. I think he will make it, as he has a lot of quality in him. Playing as holding midfielder is less flashy, so harder for him to stand out at the moment..

not sure the holding midfielder thing is for the best tbh. Hope it works out tho.