Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Gauld with the right coaching, management and advice is one of Scotland best prospects, he is the real deal and he knows it, but what is exciting is his head is in the right place. He is training and working with players (Goodwillie & Gomis) who have been in the same situation.....but things haven't worked to plan, they will give him invaluable advice.....He is the one grabbing the headlines but he knows he is working and playing with some of the best young talent in Scotland just now.........and he knows he not the best......Souttar, Robertson, Armstrong, GMS and Cifti...could all be better.......

Also think United have them in the mentality if they stick together for a couple of seasons they will win the Scottish cup and possibly the league...they would become legends which is much better than not playing first team football and earning big money and then becoming a nobody in another league somewhere else..........Then United will pay off all their debt and they will move to bigger clubs with more prospect of a sustainable career....win win for all....

Gauld with the right coaching, management and advice is one of Scotland best prospects, he is the real deal and he knows it, but what is exciting is his head is in the right place. He is training and working with players (Goodwillie & Gomis) who have been in the same situation.....but things haven't worked to plan, they will give him invaluable advice.....He is the one grabbing the headlines but he knows he is working and playing with some of the best young talent in Scotland just now.........and he knows he not the best......Souttar, Robertson, Armstrong, GMS and Cifti...could all be better.......

Also think United have them in the mentality if they stick together for a couple of seasons they will win the Scottish cup and possibly the league...they would become legends which is much better than not playing first team football and earning big money and then becoming a nobody in another league somewhere else..........Then United will pay off all their debt and they will move to bigger clubs with more prospect of a sustainable career....win win for all....

United are 15 million in debt of coarse they will leave when the right bids come in.And Badwillie is only on loan think he leaves in January.

The idea that you think your good enough to win the league is laughable

Celtic can pay the best wages and attract players with Europe and living in a cosmopolitan City like Glasgow

Plus they have the best training centre as well,what do you have?

United are 15 million in debt of coarse they will leave when the right bids come in.And Badwillie is only on loan think he leaves in January.

Celtic can pay the best wages and attract players with Europe and living in a cosmopolitan City like Glasgow

Was that a guess or did you just pick a random number? Utd have halved their debt from £6m to £3m in the last few years, making a profit in each of the last 2 years. Considering they have also recently tied up their most valuable assets on longer contracts I'd say they are more financially secure than most.

Every player has his price of course, as they also do at Man Utd or Real Madrid.

Was that a guess or did you just pick a random number? Utd have halved their debt from £6m to £3m in the last few years, making a profit in each of the last 2 years. Considering they have also recently tied up their most valuable assets on longer contracts I'd say they are more financially secure than most.

Every player has his price of course, as they also do at Man Utd or Real Madrid.

No heard it on radio Scotland it was Tom English and it was not picked up on bye the Dundee United fan hosting the show.So I believe it to be true,and believe that your talking complete crap.

Sorry not sure if you are just thick, stupid or come from a cosmopolitan city like Glasgow.........15 mill...where did you get that from?????

Actually we have the best training centre for young players......we call it the SPL......If your not bright enough to understand then I feel sorry for you.

No heard it on radio Scotland it was Tom English and it was not picked up on bye the Dundee United fan hosting the show.So I believe it to be true,and believe that your talking complete crap.

I should have known better than to expect a reasonable response. For your information this came from the Utd chairman himself in an interview earlier this season, but yeah you're right he was probably wrong :rolleyes:

It's no wonder you seem to get a hard time on here when you're completely incapable of having a mature discussion with anyone who might disagree with you.

I should have known better than to expect a reasonable response. For your information this came from the Utd chairman himself in an interview earlier this season, but yeah you're right he was probably wrong :rolleyes:

It's no wonder you seem to get a hard time on here when you're completely incapable of having a mature discussion with anyone who might disagree with you.

My answer was to much for you,the guy in charge of the shows boy is at United.And he did not challenge English,pretty sure he will know more about what is happening at the club than you.I get a hard time really?Wow is that the best they can do?Its all pretty childish really from people that should know better.So how do you get somebody banned hit report a lot?Imagine being so insecure in your own arguments and points of views to try and censure somebody

I remember reading in the tully about Utds debt and I'm pretty sure it's about the 5 mill mark. I could be wrong, it could be less but it's no where near 15 million. The sales if Gauld and Souttar in the next few years will wipe the debt.

My answer was to much for you,the guy in charge of the shows boy is at United.And he did not challenge English,pretty sure he will know more about what is happening at the club than you.I get a hard time really?Wow is that the best they can do?Its all pretty childish really from people that should know better.So how do you get somebody banned hit report a lot?Imagine being so insecure in your own arguments and points of views to try and censure somebody

Actually speechless :lol::lol::lol:

I remember reading in the tully about Utds debt and I'm pretty sure it's about the 5 mill mark. I could be wrong, it could be less but it's no where near 15 million. The sales if Gauld and Souttar in the next few years will wipe the debt.

Stephen Thompson did an interview earlier in the season and said it had been reduced to 3m, from 6m when he became chairman. I seem to recall reading that at it's peak, when everyone in the SPL was overspending it was at around 7m. Either way, 15m is a complete makey-upper.

Stephen Thompson did an interview earlier in the season and said it had been reduced to 3m, from 6m when he became chairman. I seem to recall reading that at it's peak, when everyone in the SPL was overspending it was at around 7m. Either way, 15m is a complete makey-upper.

What reason do I have to make this up?It was only about a fortnight ago they were on about it.Its the wee guy that filled in for Traynor on his Talk Show that used to be on before Jane Lewis came in and did it.

We used the money from the Russell sale to bring the debt to £3m, this was in the summer, we have further cut back from last season and we showed a big profit last season and stand to make roughly the same this season despite likely finishing higher. That's before you bring into the fact that Gauld, Souttar, Robertson, GMS, Ciftci and Armstrong could all go for a £1m plus. Lets say a £1m Average sale, that puts United £3 million in the green and the club is running well within it means.

Great work by everybody behind the scenes over the last few years.

Edited by peeeel

15 mil. You sure they weren't speaking about Dundee. We fucking love spending a shit tonne of money on mediocrity.

Well no the players they were talking bout were the ones the numb nut below has listed.Jim Spence would clearly have shot English down if he thought that he was not talking sense.Pretty sure he goes to all the AGM meetings to being a life long Arab.

"It's a fight for every SPL club. If you look at our most recent accounts to June 2012, we made a decent profit, but only after selling David Goodwillie [to Blackburn Rovers for £2m plus add-ons]. Our debt is down by about a third, to roughly £3.7m compared to over £6m a few years back." Link

Dundee United's Annual Accounts for the period to June 2012 reveal that the Club achieved a net profit of £1.449m for the year, and that the bank term loan was reduced from £5.4m to £3.93m. A further reduction of £225,000 was made in July 2012, reducing the outstanding loan amount to £3.7m - a reduction of over 30% from 2011. Link

United's debt was just below the £4million mark in their most recent annual accounts. Link

You were saying?

Dryhorce, you continue to astound and amaze for all the wrong reasons. You are either spectacularly ignorant and stupid, or you are a troll. Either way you need to admit when you are wrong, people will actually begin to engage with you, otherwise please do just go away.