Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

couldnt find any info on it, but bearsden road/switchback road was closed about half an hour ago when i drove up to it, turned off at lock 27 towards dawsholme recycling centre. Emergency vehicles with flashing blue lights about as far as the eye could see (literally, absolutely loads of them all the way up the road) and big crowds on the pavements, guess there was a major incident not long ago.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-woman-left-depressed-gym-21108221

Lassie (wid) keeps phoning up a gym and eventually a local news page to try and cancel her membership when in fact one call to her bank would do the job.

Compo face 2/10

But she wouldn't have gotten as much attention if she'd simply done that

28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

How would they have known he had been masturbating?  Did he actually admit to it?  Strange folk. 

He maybe got confused with the difference between having a stroke and having a stroke.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Woman wants name in paper so cracks open three eggs and claims all the yolks came from one of them.

Not that I'm suggesting this is what happened.

We get our eggs from a fish van and regularly get a box full of double yolks, never had a triple though. I think her chickens and ducks have been getting it on.

26 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Woman wants name in paper so cracks open three eggs and claims all the yolks came from one of them.

Not that I'm suggesting this is what happened.

I've been this cynical in the past, but I've now heard a first hand account from someone who ended up in a DC Thomson publication without realising that's what was going to happen.

Their "journalists" scrape social media groups looking mostly for "interesting" photos, ask if said photo can be published in the paper while giving the impression it's for the slow-news-heres-some-nice-photos page, but then build an entire HIGLNFY-type article around it.

I'm certainly not as quick to judge people about wanting their name in the paper now I know how 90% of them actually got there. 

Me and the missus almost made it into the Daily Record when we got engaged in 1854.  I cant quite remember how it came about but they phoned us up and some reporter boy met us in Dundee and took some cheesy photos up Dudhope Park in amongst the daffodils.

Sadly, the story was pulled, no doubt for some story about Celtgers bigotry.

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

Their "journalists" scrape social media groups looking mostly for "interesting" photos, ask if said photo can be published in the paper

I like replies on Twitter to the Sun and suchlike telling them to f**k off.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Me and the missus almost made it into the Daily Record when we got engaged in 1854.  I cant quite remember how it came about but they phoned us up and some reporter boy met us in Dundee and took some cheesy photos up Dudhope Park in amongst the daffodils.

Sadly, the story was pulled, no doubt for some story about Celtgers bigotry.

Was that the time she set fire to the kitchen?

See the source image