Fallout 4

Goran

33 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Thanks for the reply. I've been watching the You Tube gamer Gopher playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and I'm up to episode 25 of hour long stints and he's not even a quarter of the way through. Its looks quite good to watch but I don't know, it doesn't grab me enough and anyway I'm just happy watching someone else play it through, plus 3 open world games is enough for just now. I haven't seen an open world game so far this year that I would go and buy.

Watching the gamers play games on YouTube is what sells them to me, been watching for about a year now and the tv is being seriously neglected. I've been wanting to play FallOut 4 since I saw it first last year and Mad Max looked a good one as well so when these games were in the Steam summer sale for 19.99 (FO4) and 11.98 (Mad Max) I snapped them up, couldn't knock that back.

Fair enough, one man's meat is another man's poison.  It's not going to be to everyone's taste. 

It's hands down for me the best game of this generation, but I can't fault your game selection process.

Thanks for the reply. I've been watching the You Tube gamer Gopher playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and I'm up to episode 25 of hour long stints and he's not even a quarter of the way through. Its looks quite good to watch but I don't know, it doesn't grab me enough and anyway I'm just happy watching someone else play it through, plus 3 open world games is enough for just now. I haven't seen an open world game so far this year that I would go and buy.

Watching the gamers play games on YouTube is what sells them to me, been watching for about a year now and the tv is being seriously neglected. I've been wanting to play FallOut 4 since I saw it first last year and Mad Max looked a good one as well so when these games were in the Steam summer sale for 19.99 (FO4) and 11.98 (Mad Max) I snapped them up, couldn't knock that back.

PlayStation or Xbox?

After completing my first game unmodded, I've went balls out with mods on my current game. Got somewhere in the region of 50 running atm.

Anyway it leads to some excellent settlement building

IMG_1471074847.900055.jpg.b595d15bcb3b0e

^This was one of the earlier things I created - hence why the background is clear

IMG_1471074897.826201.jpg.e8d6578f820617

This is 4 stories and has a Helipad on the roof for those VIP guests

I then spent an embarrassing amount of time creating the below...

IMG_1471074965.439844.jpg.522035267bc47b

IMG_1471074973.556983.jpg.971d98e10dfac7

Had my first wee shot in a while last night. Took an assignment from Lance Captain Kells on the Prydwyn. Go show a rookie the ropes by clearing this place of abominations. Nae bother says I, let's get this power armour and a Gatling laser and light some shit up.

Where did he send me? Fucking Vim Pop Factory in Far Harbor. Where I haven't even been yet. Had to traipse all the way through the daft lead up tasks and missions just to get there, walk to the factory just to get rid of the annoying child who follows you about and won't shut up.

f**k you Kells.

I haven't had a proper run through of any of the DLC yet but Far harbor and Nuka World look like the only interesting ones.

28 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Had my first wee shot in a while last night. Took an assignment from Lance Captain Kells on the Prydwyn. Go show a rookie the ropes by clearing this place of abominations. Nae bother says I, let's get this power armour and a Gatling laser and light some shit up.

Where did he send me? Fucking Vim Pop Factory in Far Harbor. Where I haven't even been yet. Had to traipse all the way through the daft lead up tasks and missions just to get there, walk to the factory just to get rid of the annoying child who follows you about and won't shut up.

f**k you Kells.

I haven't had a proper run through of any of the DLC yet but Far harbor and Nuka World look like the only interesting ones.

I think I had one of those missions that sent you to a raider hideout with some scribe.  Of course, it was the hideout with the fatman-armed guy on the roof.  Two seconds after fast travelling there I heard the whistling and got out of there, expecting the scribe to be another unkillable NPC.  

Turned around to watch the shell hit him right in the dish.  Didn't survive strangely enough.

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Just started playing this and have killed that Deathclaw at the beginning. I've no power left in that armoured body thing but have been given a fusion cell.  How do I get more power back into it?

If the cell has charge in it then having it in your inventory should be enough. Failing that, go round the back of the armour and you should get an option to swap the cells

I just left it behind and carried on tbh I'm only level 4 finding this game quite tricky tbh. I've played Fallout 3 and Skyrim so have an idea of what to do but imagine it'd be tough for a first time player.  I haven't seen any tutorial on VATS yet.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

If the cell has charge in it then having it in your inventory should be enough. Failing that, go round the back of the armour and you should get an option to swap the cells

I've gone round the back of that armour that I left and I can't see any option to change cells.

2 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

I've gone round the back of that armour that I left and I can't see any option to change cells.

Just transfer one into the power suits inventory. Pretty sure if you try and get into the armour it will automatically use the cell from your inventory

Dont forget to take the cell back out again when you've finished, otherwise you risk NPCs wandering off with your armour

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Just transfer one into the power suits inventory. Pretty sure if you try and get into the armour it will automatically use the cell from your inventory

Dont forget to take the cell back out again when you've finished, otherwise you risk NPCs wandering off with your armour

I couldn't find a way to do it, it's maybe not possible so early in the game.  It's definitely harder to play than Fallout 3 and Skyrim imo.

The power armour will manage fusion cores for you. You don't need to manually insert new ones.

Invest a bit of time in scrapping junk nd building to gain a level or two early on.

Make sure to upgrade weapons asap. Id prioritise a couple of weapons perks early on too for bonus damage.

You shouldn't need power armour for early minutemen missions, although Corvega can be a pain for low level characters. As can suicide super mutants

For efficiency with fusion cores level intelligence to 9 and invest in the perks to extend their 'batteries'. Also when they get down to the final 2 or 3% swap them out and replace it with a new one. The depleted cores sell for the same amount as a full one so it literally pays not to let it fully run out.