Fallout 4

Goran

I think this game may be the reason for me to upgrade to Next Gen...I'm currently trying to find a cheap (preferably GOTY) fallout 3 for the 360 but there seems to be a shortage. Playing thru New Vegas at the moment but gave up on 3 and traded it in years ago. Really want to get it now though.

Edited by lightscamera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not got a 360 anymore or I would've, I'm hoping its first in line for Xbox ones backwards compatibility

I'm pretty sure it is and a download for it will come free with every copy of Fallout 4.

Edit: I think you only get a free download if you pre-order Fallout 4. You can get it for 360 for less than a tenner anyway.

Edited by smfc_mehmet9

• 2 weeks later...

Season pass announced for $30 (therefore about £20 here) for fallout. They've not thought about what DLC they will do but you'll get it all with season pass.

Any idea if this is an actual "you will get all of the DLC we release for this game" or a Gearbox-style "you will get all of the DLC we release for this game until we decide you've had enough and make you start paying for the rest of it"?

I'm guessing the former as Bethesda seem like decent coves, but it's always worth asking.

Season pass announced for $30 (therefore about £20 here) for fallout. They've not thought about what DLC they will do but you'll get it all with season pass.

This shows a lot of what's wrong with game development these days. You're essentially paying £20 for the expectation that something might be available. I know Bethesda have a decent reputation, and you will get something for that, but just seems wrong that you're paying out before that.

This shows a lot of what's wrong with game development these days. You're essentially paying £20 for the expectation that something might be available. I know Bethesda have a decent reputation, and you will get something for that, but just seems wrong that you're paying out before that.

I'd normally agree, but it's Fallout. Fallout.

People who pay far in advance for software when there's absolutely no benefit whatsoever are nuts, though. It's not like the Season Passes are going to disappear after release, or even change in price. When you do your weekly shop, you wouldn't offer to give them a couple of months' worth of cash up front just because you always shop there.

I'd normally agree, but it's Fallout. Fallout.

People who pay far in advance for software when there's absolutely no benefit whatsoever are nuts, though. It's not like the Season Passes are going to disappear after release, or even change in price. When you do your weekly shop, you wouldn't offer to give them a couple of months' worth of cash up front just because you always shop there.

Just thinking back to the last two fallout games, and skyrim/oblivion, the dlc for all of them was really pretty good, and also cost well over £20 if you bought it at time of release. But you are right, paying upfront for an undefined piece of software is pretty mental. Still, most of us a guys who pay upfront to watch shite football teams each year, so I suspect Bethesda already have our money.

Just thinking back to the last two fallout games, and skyrim/oblivion, the dlc for all of them was really pretty good, and also cost well over £20 if you bought it at time of release. But you are right, paying upfront for an undefined piece of software is pretty mental. Still, most of us a guys who pay upfront to watch shite football teams each year, so I suspect Bethesda already have our money.

That's a very fair point; I'd imagine that the money forked out for a Fallout 4 season pass will provide a lot more entertainment than a season ticket to St Mirren or Alloa this year :lol:

I suppose it's similar in that you're showing support for the developers who've already provided so much good stuff. I'm sort of convinced, although it's not something I'd do myself.

Has anybody pre-ordered a non pipboy edition?

I'm probably going to pre-order it soon but I'm wondering if there are any places doing any exclusive special editions or pre-order bonuses, other than the pipboy edition.

Game have got one that includes a steel book case and some post cards but I'm wondering if anywhere will be offering any actual in-game bonuses or perhaps a bundle with the season pass slightly reduced.