East/West Combined Super League

HTG

Friggin total waste of everyone`s time. SJFA (or clubs) should be lobbying SFA and Government for East and West Superleagues to be joined with SPFL, as Highland and Lowland have been ... instead, Juniors are going in a totally backward direction. If you don`t ask (or demand) ... you don`t get.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrong energyzone tom johnston wants it

The east-west league would be administered directly by the SJFA so it helps to expand his role. Right now all the SJFA does is the junior cup and SJFA representative team, which makes them vulnerable to a bonfire of the quangos, if people at the SFA ever started to question why Scottish football needs to have multiple grades with separate affiliated national associations when they are already doing stuff like player registration and referee appointments for junior clubs

I'd say it's a positive move, even if we are too sh*te to get near it right now.

Yes, the distance is greater, but it should mean bigger games on a more regular basis. You still have all the local/regional cup competitions which will guarantee your local derbies.

Friggin total waste of everyone`s time. SJFA (or clubs) should be lobbying SFA and Government for East and West Superleagues to be joined with SPFL, as Highland and Lowland have been ... instead, Juniors are going in a totally backward direction. If you don`t ask (or demand) ... you don`t get.

Nutjob alert

I'm getting the impression nobody wants this combined league.

your getting it wrong then.... I am getting the impression ayrshire teams dont want it... I mean talking of going BACK to districts again FFS ??

if clubs are that desperate to play teams on their doorstep every week go find an amateur league in your area..........

your getting it wrong then.... I am getting the impression ayrshire teams dont want it... I mean talking of going BACK to districts again FFS ??

if clubs are that desperate to play teams on their doorstep every week go find an amateur league in your area..........

In my opinion the joining up of the Ayrshire/Central leagues has been to the detriment of the game with the West of Scotland cup in particular suffering with fans leaving in their droves

This joining up would only add to the problem & continue the exodus of fans not travelling to games anymore

LADESIDE

There is a pretty good amateur league in the area as it is...anyway what is the juniors ?...how many junior clubs have full squads of semi pro players...most of the clubs are amateur in all but name.

There is a pretty good amateur league in the area as it is...anyway what is the juniors ?...how many junior clubs have full squads of semi pro players...most of the clubs are amateur in all but name.

I've long since wondered what the juniors are. I think they can best be described as a collection of self interested clubs with only the single bond of the Junior cup linking them together. That's a bit of a generalisation but the lack of collective progress is an indication that nobody cares much about what is good for the game - only what suits the individual clubs. Not that such behaviour is restricted to the juniors. The whole of Scottish football has been that way for decades.

I've long since wondered what the juniors are. I think they can best be described as a collection of self interested clubs with only the single bond of the Junior cup linking them together. That's a bit of a generalisation but the lack of collective progress is an indication that nobody cares much about what is good for the game - only what suits the individual clubs. Not that such behaviour is restricted to the juniors. The whole of Scottish football has been that way for decades.

Yip self preservation is the name of the game in Scottish fitba.

Yip self preservation is the name of the game in Scottish fitba.

The juniors is more evident though because of the number of clubs and the breadth of circumstances. I suppose it has been that way for a long time right enough.

Absolutely - we must have the weakest governing body in the whole of Europe.

Archived