Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wee update to anyone that is interested. I am edging even closer to a Yes vote by the day. Why? Because I can see that the political situation in this country is in need of change and if we stay within the Union then that won't happen.

We need fresh new politicians that will actually do something for the good of the country and LISTEN to what the voters want. I have thought a lot about it and nothing will change if we stay the same. The time has come for us to take a leap of faith and hope that we have made the right choice.

I stand by my opinion that in an Independent Scotland we must make it a law that the politicians must abide by their promises, or else face the consequences. A minimum sentence of the term that they are in Government for should be imposed because in my eyes they would be committing treason. Don't let them away with bulls****ing us like the others are doing, FORCE them to make it law then they will have to keep their promises that the majority elected them to do.

If an Independent Scotland will do that, then I will 100% vote yes.

Nice idea but fundamentally flawed.

What most voters seem to want is what's best for them personally. That can't be delivered en masse. Also in the minds of many anyone who has more than them is rich and should pay more whereas they themselves are exactly at the income level where they should pay less or receive help.

Nice idea but fundamentally flawed.

What most voters seem to want is what's best for them personally. That can't be delivered en masse. Also in the minds of many anyone who has more than them is rich and should pay more whereas they themselves are exactly at the income level where they should pay less or receive help.

I think you'll find that what most NO voters want is what's best for them personally.

Talk to Yes voters and I guarantee a vast majority are casting a vote for Scotland as a whole. I've lost count of the number of Yes voters on here, myself included, who have said it will make no difference financially to them to vote Yes or No.

The question is about far, far, far more than personal gain. It's about creating a socially just, equal, prosperous small country where decisions are taken on what's best for Scotland as a whole. One where poor people aren't punished for the mistakes of the rich. One where we can make inroads on child poverty. One where families don't have to go to fucking foodbanks to put a meal on the table.

It's about time, as a country, we grew a set of balls and inform Westminster they can get themselves to f**k.

A wee update to anyone that is interested. I am edging even closer to a Yes vote by the day. Why? Because I can see that the political situation in this country is in need of change and if we stay within the Union then that won't happen.

We need fresh new politicians that will actually do something for the good of the country and LISTEN to what the voters want. I have thought a lot about it and nothing will change if we stay the same. The time has come for us to take a leap of faith and hope that we have made the right choice.

I stand by my opinion that in an Independent Scotland we must make it a law that the politicians must abide by their promises, or else face the consequences. A minimum sentence of the term that they are in Government for should be imposed because in my eyes they would be committing treason. Don't let them away with bulls****ing us like the others are doing, FORCE them to make it law then they will have to keep their promises that the majority elected them to do.

If an Independent Scotland will do that, then I will 100% vote yes.

I totally agree stinky bone you just need to look at westminster and all you see is politicians who have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar ,and what happens they get a slap on the wrist sent to the back benches until it all blows over but still get payed by the tax payer.hell my town Falkirk even has one who likes to get pissed up and punch people out in the bar at westminster ,he should be in prison not just thrown out the labour party so he can continue to pick up his salary from the tax payer as an independant ,a total disgrace ,a new constitution to hold politicians to account and allow the people of the constituency to get rid of them is needed .no politician should be above the law

Just read the GQ interview (flatmate buys it). Salmond should be very disappointed with himself. Not because he's said anything horrendous, just that he's given Campbell a few headlines out of a very poor interview. There isn't one interesting question there, just one unimaginative, lazily laid out landmine after the other: "what do you think of the Queen", "who do you want to win the World Cup", "what do you think of Shakespeare".

How Salmond has managed to give his opponents any ammo out of that level of questioning is beyond me. Poor stuff.

Just read the GQ interview (flatmate buys it). Salmond should be very disappointed with himself. Not because he's said anything horrendous, just that he's given Campbell a few headlines out of a very poor interview. There isn't one interesting question there, just one unimaginative, lazily laid out landmine after the other: "what do you think of the Queen", "who do you want to win the World Cup", "what do you think of Shakespeare".

How Salmond has managed to give his opponents any ammo out of that level of questioning is beyond me. Poor stuff.

Well?

All the questions were aimed at trying to get Alex to sound like a trodden on jock with a chip on his shoulder. Massive fail again so they went down the Putin line. That also has been a massive fail.

Archived