Scottish Independence

xbl

Why "correctly" in your opinion? They're elected members of the British parliament after all and this has to be cross-party.

The negotiations by the rUK team will be on behalf of those who will live in the "new" rUK. That won't include Scotland. Their duty of care in such negotiations will be to the people of England, Wales and NI.

All Scottish constituencies, be they SNP, Labour etc will be part of the new Scotland. This really isn't difficult. "Team Scotland" will be negotiating on behalf of all Scots.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The negotiations by the rUK team will be on behalf of those who will live in the "new" rUK. That won't include Scotland. Their duty of care in such negotiations will be to the people of England, Wales and NI.

All Scottish constituencies, be they SNP, Labour etc will be part of the new Scotland. This really isn't difficult. "Team Scotland" will be negotiating on behalf of all Scots.

Pleasing to see you've came round to the idea that a Yes vote will prevail.

Why "correctly" in your opinion? They're elected members of the British parliament after all and this has to be cross-party.

Just to check here, are you suggesting SNP politicians should be on both negotiating teams, talking to themselves about the terms of secession?

I'm not looking for a cross party group to forge the way forward, I'm more into a a group comprised of people from a broad spectrum of political and social life.

There are people IMO that have ruled themselves out of any such group due to their behaviour over the course of this campaign, noway should a c**t like Carmichael have more input than myself in framing the future of this country.

I'm not looking for a cross party group to forge the way forward, I'm more into a a group comprised of people from a broad spectrum of political and social life.

Salmond claims a number of non-Scots with expertise have already been approached to be part of this Team Scotland.

I hope one of them is David Sheffer, just for comedy value.

Don't see how the Labour Party or the Conservative and Unionist Party with a "duty of care" to people in an Independent Scotland, beyond the fact that they happen to represent certain constituents during the negotiating period (just as the SNP are elected to represent British constituents in Westminster during that time).

Yeah, I think the two Angus's, Stewart Hosie etc should claim their rightful place to represent me as a British citizen.

Don't see how the Labour Party or the Conservative and Unionist Party with a "duty of care" to people in an Independent Scotland, beyond the fact that they happen to represent certain constituents during the negotiating period (just as the SNP are elected to represent British constituents in Westminster during that time).

Yeah, I think the two Angus's, Stewart Hosie etc should claim their rightful place to represent me as a British citizen.

Uh huh.

Even by your shocking standards, this is dripping in fail.

So, representatives of constituents who are not going to be part of rUk should be negotiating the terms on rUK's behalf? :1eye

Salmond claims a number of non-Scots with expertise have already been approached to be part of this Team Scotland.

I hope one of them is David Sheffer, just for comedy value.

Depends what he means by non-Scots and what their credentials are.

Just to check here, are you suggesting SNP politicians should be on both negotiating teams, talking to themselves about the terms of secession?

Nah the SNP cabinet of MSPs should be one side and the SNP MPs should be on the other, talking to each other.

That's only providing the other parties are on both sides.

Or maybe that would be totally ridiculous, it's complicated.

I'm confused here - are you saying MPs could only be on the UK side? Surely scottish MPs would be negotiating on behalf of Scotland in this scenario? i believe I've seen Salmond say he would want former first ministers and Secreaties of state negotiationg, so you could see, for example, Henry mcLiesh and Jim Murphy alongside Salmond and sturgeon negotitaiong for Scotland?

likewise, SNP MP's could be on that team - indeed there's a good case for Angus Robertson, as the defence spokesperson?

Nah the SNP cabinet of MSPs should be one side and the SNP MPs should be on the other, talking to each other.

That's only providing the other parties are on both sides.

Or maybe that would be totally ridiculous, it's complicated.

It's not so much about the parties as the constituencies they represent - it would make sense for Labour MPs to be on oppising sides for example.

If this is a massive troll well played!

It's possibly this.

Then again, Sodje has form for massive stupidity, so it might not be.

I think we should all vote SNP next year if we vote YES, while we don't want a say in the rUK side we do want to stop them playing it into the corners at every opportunity.

I think we should all vote SNP next year if we vote YES, while we don't want a say in the rUK side we do want to stop them playing it into the corners at every opportunity.

And voting SNP will help that in what way?

It's not so much about the parties as the constituencies they represent - it would make sense for Labour MPs to be on oppising sides for example.

Would it? Anas Sarwar, Ian Davidson MP etc have been elected to represent their constituents at Westminster, just as Stewart Hosie has.

If Scotland votes to leave the Westminster system, Anas and Ian have absolutely no right to represent people in Glasgow in the negotiations. I'm obviously joking about SNP politicians being on both sides because it's absolutely absurd. As is what you've just posted.

Uh huh.

Even by your shocking standards, this is dripping in fail.

So, representatives of constituents who are not going to be part of rUk should be negotiating the terms on rUK's behalf? :1eye

Aren't English MPs negotiating on our behalf at the moment on all manner of reserved matters? If rUK canna trust these honourable member to do their job in an honourable manner then why should "team Scotland" trust any unionists?

There is also no way that Scottish MPs can be prevented on voting in the Chamber on the bill to give Scotland independence.

It's possibly this.

Then again, Sodje has form for massive stupidity, so it might not be.

You got trolled into investing thousands in Northern Rock then bragged about it with said troll/fantasist.

Please never refer to anyone else on here as stupid.

In conclusion, sit doon.

There is also no way that Scottish MPs can be prevented on voting in the Chamber on the bill to give Scotland independence.

Who suggested they would?

Archived