Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saatchi and Saatchi being drafted in to help with the bitters im hearing

When all else fails turn to Margaret Thatcher's favourite advertising people. BT going straight for the throat

I am sure they will have a positive set of adverts. Full of hope for remaining in the UK. Going by their previous efforts.

Two-classic-election-post-001.jpg

So lots of positivity there

So a House of Lords committee does not want Scots MPs to have any say post a yes vote. I do love democracy in action.

Mps can have no say but its ok for our own trough grabbers to keep on claiming.Good response fron angus though

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/16/house-of-lords-scottish-independence

No role in negotiating for the rest of the UK

Non issue

I agree with mt bairn on this about Rest of UK.

For me it will just be a bonus after a YES vote. To get to witness Danny Alexander being physically manhandled BACK to the bottom of the chamber will be soooooooooo sweet.

Cameron throwing in the more powers stuff now. Panic in the air as the vote gets closer.

As predicted it was a huge mistake not putting a 3rd option on the ballot paper. Cameron's "blinder" is now Cameron's panic. He's even talking about a pan unionist agreement for more powers in a jam tomorrow promise on more powers.

The days leading up to the Edinburgh Agreement was full of arrogance and over confidence that they would win the referendum vote hands down. Some were even questioning whether Salmond would hold a referendum at all because he had no chance of winning it.

Official Campaign period starts at the end of this month. :thumsup2

So a House of Lords committee does not want Scots MPs to have any say post a yes vote. I do love democracy in action.

They are absolutely correct.

It would be ridiculous if Scottish MPs had a part to play in rUK negotiations in any conversations with a new Scottish government.

Just to check, are you disagreeing with that ?

What is more interesting are the comments on the timeline. I wondered about this before.

Again, arrogantly, as with the currency union, the timeline is something the SNP have put in place with no regard to other parties with whome the new Scottish government would be negotiating, be that the EU or the UK.

Other parties will not be held to Alex Salmond's self-created timeline.

What is more interesting are the comments on the timeline. I wondered about this before.

Again, arrogantly, as with the currency union, the timeline is something the SNP have put in place with no regard to other parties with whome the new Scottish government would be negotiating, be that the EU or the UK.

Other parties will not be held to Alex Salmond's self-created timeline.

Just a hunch here, but something tells me you're not overly keen on Alex Salmond or the SNP.

That about right?

The 18 month timeline is an SNP idea; we could have had longer (before the next Scottish Parliament elections) if they had not delayed the actual referendum to just about the last minute for political purposes.

The 18 month timeline is an SNP idea; we could have had longer (before the next Scottish Parliament elections) if they had not delayed the actual referendum to just about the last minute for political purposes.

They delayed it to stand a better chance of winning. Great decision IMO.

Archived