Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Jim Murphy has called for the pre referendum OO march to be cancelled due to the violence during this years walk

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/orange-walk-horror-police-hunt-3822369

Call my cynical, but I don't believe Jim has ever asked for marches to be cancelled in the past despite the violence. I think we know why he wants this one.

So Jim Murphy has called for the pre referendum OO march to be cancelled due to the violence during this years walk

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/orange-walk-horror-police-hunt-3822369

Call my cynical, but I don't believe Jim has ever asked for marches to be cancelled in the past despite the violence. I think we know why he wants this one.

What Labour will be hoping for is someone from the SNP/Yes to join Murphy is his calls. Labour/Better Together will then use it as part of their strategy of portraying Salmond/SNP as bullies and dictators.

"Why hasn't this been picked up by the mainstream media"

Article from The Sunday Times, the highest circulating broadsheet Sunday newspaper in the UK.

Not sure if serious.

Article from The Sunday Times, the highest circulating broadsheet Sunday newspaper in the UK.

Not sure if serious.

Can you find anything on this pretty large story anywhere other than the Sunday Times? Incidentally, it's not even on the Sunday Times website, just the digitial edition of the paper.

In short, you know full well what I mean.

Not sure if serious.

The Lord of Pedantry suggesting the Sunday Times = "the mainstream media", there.

Both Yes and No want Scotland to be "part of something bigger". For one side that means an island and for the other it means the world

As part of the UK, we are already part of the world.

Both Yes and No want Scotland to be "part of something bigger". For one side that means an island and for the other it means the world

This is utter nonsense and one of your more pathetic platitudes. The notion that a world power with a permanent seat on the UN Security Council, which is the apex of the Commonwealth, a member of NATO, the EU, the Council of Europe, the WTO, the IMF, the G8, Interpol, which is an active participant in no fewer than 10 ongoing UN peacekeeping missions, and involved in many other international endeavours is somehow only interested in being part of an island is palpably nonsense.

This is utter nonsense and one of your more pathetic platitudes. The notion that a world power with a permanent seat on the UN Security Council, which is the apex of the Commonwealth, a member of NATO, the EU, the Council of Europe, the WTO, the IMF, the G8, Interpol, which is an active participant in no fewer than 10 ongoing UN peacekeeping missions, and involved in many other international endeavours is somehow only interested in being part of an island is palpably nonsense.

Scotland will still be in NATO, the UN, the EU, Interpol, and many other international endeavours. Being under Westminster control does not automatically mean that a Westminster controlled Scotland has much representation on any of these. You are confusing "being a part of" with "being subjected to"

Scotland will still be in NATO, the UN, the EU, Interpol, and many other international endeavours. Being under Westminster control does not automatically mean that a Westminster controlled Scotland has much representation on any of these. You are confusing "being a part of" with "being subjected to"

We are not under Westminster control and we are not subjected to anything by it. We collectively control Westminster with our other British brothers and sisters.

You are also suggesting that "being a part of" something requires direct representation in the same thing. This is untrue. Otherwise I am not part of Scotland because I am not directly represented in any tier of government or in any multinational enterprise whatsoever.

We are not under Westminster control and we are not subjected to anything by it. We collectively control Westminster with our other British brothers and sisters.

I've seen you post some shite in your time, Libbers, but this has to be the most incredible piece of urine you've ever come out with.

I've seen you post some shite in your time, Libbers, but this has to be the most incredible piece of urine you've ever come out with.

Alex Salmond said it right. Scotland is not oppressed and we have no need to be liberated.

Alex Salmond said it right. Scotland is not oppressed and we have no need to be liberated.

So we're not under Westminster control then? Brilliant!

Hang on I'll go and tell all those people going to foodbanks, being told they're liars by ATOS and having their benefits cut left right and centre not to panic.

Phew!!

Archived