Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they don't want to be working in the financial sector of a new country. They'd rather move back to the tried and trusted South.

These aren't the kind of companies that you have to actually be in the country to buy their services. This isn't ASDA we're talking about.

If in doubt be a smart c**t.

Two companies have been mentioned so far.Who else are going?

Whilst it may not suit some companies to operate in an independent country, no one can really commit to anything until the negotiations take place. What we are hearing is power hungry business men with big ego's thinking they are so important they have some sort of influence.

If in doubt be a smart c**t.

Two companies have been mentioned so far.Who else are going?

The same companies who threatened to move out upon a Yes vote in the Devo referendum... but that are still here.

Everyone knows that businesses can't operate in independent nations.

Jobs are not guaranteed if it is a yes or a no. But if anyone thinks that Standard Life are gonna follow through and move their operation out of Scotland are kidding themselves. But saying that this does not mean they won't ever have to lay people off, those things happen

Companies won't pull out of Scotland.

These companies only want to make money and that's what they are loyal to. Whether we are part of the UK or not that won't change.

I've yet to see a company say they will definitely pull out anyway, but i have seen some that actively support it.

Jim Murphy's meltdown. Cringworthy from an experienced politician who rants and raves like a loon. The auld lady floors him with a question about Gord Brown's organ transplant lies and Murphy can't even look her in the eye.

http://youtu.be/Zji4dTx-j8w

He is going the way of the Darling.

Whispering Jim is now a ranting wreck.

Yeah. They are well ahead.

My arse.

Fair play to murphy for having an open session on the street. It shows a bit of courage that distinguishes him from the rest of the BT mob who normally spoute shite in a nicely biased tv studio.

Two problems:

1.He couldn't ansnwer the question

2. His best retort was to start bringing up Braveheart.

Cringeworthy. Could be an Ian Greyesque subway cataclism if it is picked up by the mainstream.

Still don't understand why anyone is voting NO? :lol:

What's the case for the Union again?

Didn't you know? Scotland is too wee too poor and too stupid to make it on it's own. We need the smothering hug of Westminster.

Didn't you know? Scotland is too wee too poor and too stupid to make it on it's own. We need the smothering hug of Westminster.

Joking aside I still genuinely havent heard any reasons why we should, its all just but we cant do this or that which people know isnt really true. I dont really know why any NO voter on here is actually voting NO.

Joking aside I still genuinely havent heard any reasons why we should, its all just but we cant do this or that which people know isnt really true. I dont really know why any NO voter on here is actually voting NO.

Some folk feel British - like actually feel partly British and partly Scottish and don't want that status to be altered. I have at least one mate who feels that way. He's a very clever guy too.

Other folk think its a lot of hassle (which it clearly is) and that it wouldn't be worth it (I obviously disagree but still). These folk tend not to be into politics or care about who governs them - just regular (and decent) folk that don't take this kind of stuff seriously at all.

Some folk have been brainwashed into thinking that we'd struggle on our own. This patently isn't true but the propaganda has been quite strong over the years and propaganda can be very effective - especially if you're not that bright, or don't pay any attention to politics and stuff.

Babcock becomes the latest major employer to back the union:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28624870

Predictably Sturgeon tells them that infact they're wrong and implies she understands their business better than they do.

Big business in not liking change shocker :lol:

ETA didn't standard life come out with the same warnings before devolution ? They also recently bought a company in Glasgow for 400mill. It's funny watching you swallow swallow like a good little unionist.

Archived