Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexie ill put this up for you again

Of course. That's how business works.

Profits go down, Scottish jobs are lost, Scottish families suffer.

This is what the employers are warning of in the event of a yes vote.

I bet any undecided workers of Babcocks and their families had their mind made up today!

Ask Babcocks, Standard Life etc etc.

Two companies? Wow. How many companies have verbatim said there WILL definitely be job losses in an iScotland?

Lex - A man giving us lectures on morals who is actively supporting austerity, WCA's, foodbanks, trident, zero hours contracts and the largest rich/ poor divide in Europe.

Okay, champ.

Well I am not in the Babcocks or Standard Life boardroom. The people that are have warned of job losses.

Do you think they're wrong?

Clearly not:

There may be, in the short-term, job losses in an iScotland

Fucking hell. :lol:

Of course. That's how business works.

Profits go down, Scottish jobs are lost, Scottish families suffer.

This is what the employers are warning of in the event of a yes vote.

I bet any undecided workers of Babcocks and their families had their mind made up today!

And round and round we go

Clearly not:

Fucking hell. :lol:

So you concede a yes vote is directly putting Scottish workers jobs at risk?

Glad we cleared up!

Real time issues concern people, not some what may happen in 20 years whatabouttery. The Babcock/Standard Life/whoever employee is not going to be arsed about an iScotland maybe delivering him a new job somewhere down the line, and nor should he be. He has bills to pay now.

I can cross that no box safe in the knowledge that in doing so i am protecting Scottish business and Scottish workers.

All jobs which were created under the union and lost after they become uncompetitive.

Tempted to suggest they were all, or mostly, jobs which were lost before you were born.

At least in an independent Scotland we wouldn't be Westminster's guinea pigs any more.

Several firms have threatened to pull out of Scotland, If they go, then the job go. Seemples.

Why would they do that?

will people stop buying their products and services after a Yes vote?

trade unions don't want independence, therefore it's no surprise the people don't want it either!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/one-scotlands-biggest-trade-unions-3174153

'There were 18,025 votes for the neutral position and 5075 for yes, with no votes for the no position.'

Google 'trade unions for yes' and get back to me there's plenty of them.

Why would they do that?

Because they don't want to be working in the financial sector of a new country. They'd rather move back to the tried and trusted South.

will people stop buying their products and services after a Yes vote?

These aren't the kind of companies that you have to actually be in the country to buy their services. This isn't ASDA we're talking about.

Archived