Scottish Independence

xbl

Certainly hope so. I will be joining SNP as soon as their site allows, been trying daily. There has to be focus groups, keeping it all together but not just on-line. I intend to check out Radical Indi too. I work in event production and will be looking to try and organise some social/ents stuff. I think building a community network is important and will try to facilitate.

I've spent most of my life wishing for Scotland's Independence and will now spend the rest of my life working for it.

I just kept persevering with it and it worked fine, eventually. My job means I have to be careful with any allegiances. It's not against the rules, but I don't want to give these c***s any ammunition. So I'm going to have a more clandestine role, while still helping with any campaign in my own time. I did it before the vote and will continue to do so.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pointing out the fact that large political groups either start off or regress to small fanatical groups.

I was being sarcastic but really it's not directed at the poster. It's more being embarrassed for a humiliated and seething campaign leader.

What are you more raging at? The fact that the SNP are now the 3rd largest political party in Britain, or the fact that we're not rolling over and letting Westminster tickle our belly?

I'd say it's a bit of both.

Yep, the stench of hypocrisy is palpable.

As Anonapersona alluded to, social media has changed things. The No side could have gotten away with the campaign they've ran in 1979. They could feasibly have gotten away with it in 1997. But with social media so prevalent and people so connected these days, people can spot the hypocrisy and act on it.

And the way we act on it is collectively never giving up on the idea of independence, whilst at the same time making the best of the hand we're dealt at present. And that means ending Labour and getting maximum possible powers for Scotland.

As much as those in the No camp would like it to be the case, independence isn't dead.

Social media can be useful in specific contexts but for political movements, it reflects mood and that mood was wildly optimistic during the campaign and post campaign when the referendum was soundly beaten.

What are you more raging at? The fact that the SNP are now the 3rd largest political party in Britain, or the fact that we're not rolling over and letting Westminster tickle our belly?

I'd say it's a bit of both.

Nah it's more wishing you guys would go with the flow, i.e. the overwhelming majority that none of you will admit is a majority

Social media can be useful in specific contexts but for political movements, it reflects mood and that mood was wildly optimistic during the campaign and post campaign when the referendum was soundly beaten.

You really are a bit thick aren't you.

Not one single Yes supporter refutes the fact that No won. What rankles is that it is clear that your mob won through a mixture of fear, lies and intimidation.

And that's why we're going nowhere. Sorry to disappoint.

You really are a bit thick aren't you.

Not one single Yes supporter refutes the fact that No won. What rankles is that it is clear that your mob won through a mixture of fear, lies and intimidation.

And that's why we're going nowhere. Sorry to disappoint.

You do realise that that number will decrease within the next few years? Political viewpoints change over time and nationalism had peaked due to a poor economic climate. Historically that's always been the case

You do realise that that number will decrease within the next few years? Political viewpoints change over time and nationalism had peaked due to a poor economic climate. Historically that's always been the case

Can you give me your crystal ball for ten minutes? I'd like to win the lottery this weekend.

Again, wishful thinking that we'll all go away. Some numbers will drop off, absolutely. The core of the 1.6 million aren't going anywhere.

Unlucks.

Are you going to back that up with historical data?

I just kept persevering with it and it worked fine, eventually. My job means I have to be careful with any allegiances. It's not against the rules, but I don't want to give these c***s any ammunition. So I'm going to have a more clandestine role, while still helping with any campaign in my own time. I did it before the vote and will continue to do so.

Wee question. How do you cope having the likes of Forever_blue and thepundit around you on match days? I ask as someone with Rangers supporting family and who did so myself between the ages of 7 & 15. I do know quite a few Rangers fans who voted yes but none who currently attend games. Not having a go btw just intrigued, as you must have a well bitten tongue.

That's just one of the points that totally and completely fucks me off. The transparent sudden change of tact from the press like nothing ever happened and all of the negativity was just a bad dream.

Scotland is truly like a victim of domestic abuse. Subjugated and broken. Battered by the most negative, self admitted fear mongering and manipulation. And I can't hear anyone questioning it from the No voters, which basically backs up these theories.

Fucking sheep.

The press will NEVER hold any of the BT campaigners to account, simply because they are complicit in the act.

They are just as guilty and accountable on every broken promise as those who made them.

They waited till after the result before it occurred to them to ask " what are these new powers and how will they benefit Scotland "?

Expect a total history rewrite over the next few months.

Yep, the stench of hypocrisy is palpable.

As Anonapersona alluded to, social media has changed things. The No side could have gotten away with the campaign they've ran in 1979. They could feasibly have gotten away with it in 1997. But with social media so prevalent and people so connected these days, people can spot the hypocrisy and act on it.

And the way we act on it is collectively never giving up on the idea of independence, whilst at the same time making the best of the hand we're dealt at present. And that means ending Labour and getting maximum possible powers for Scotland.

As much as those in the No camp would like it to be the case, independence isn't dead.

I'm having a real struggle dealing with this nation now. How can I trust anything that the state and MSM say? I like to consider myself a pretty pragmatic, rational thinker, bu this referendum has said to me that the UK will do anything within its power to keep control, and the level of deceit is just unacceptable to me. I'm really struggling to rationalise it and move on. This vote was not about democracy, it was about control. Pure and simple. If you want to be controlled and know that your vote is pretty meaningless then wire in. I don't subscribe to that unfortunately.

Wee question. How do you cope having the likes of Forever_blue and thepundit around you on match days? I ask as someone with Rangers supporting family and who did so myself between the ages of 7 & 15. I do know quite a few Rangers fans who voted yes but none who currently attend games. Not having a go btw just intrigued, as you must have a well bitten tongue.

More of an armchair fan these days thankfully, due to the fact I gig most Saturdays. That fact has saved whatever love I have left for my club, because it has been eroded o f**k over recent years. Still manage a few games, but have to really bite my tongue too many times. Makes me want to stay away TBH.

More of an armchair fan these days thankfully, due to the fact I gig most Saturdays. That fact has saved whatever love I have left for my club, because it has been eroded o f**k over recent years. Still manage a few games, but have to really bite my tongue too many times. Makes me want to stay away TBH.

Cool. My gigging days are over, I now facilitate for others. :)

Archived