Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief. So much fail and hypocrisy in one piece.

Is this the start of the lovebombing?

David Cameron has said in his official position of head of the Better Together campaign ( ;) ) that the referendum is a matter for the people of Scotland. So they get someone who is not currently one of the people of Scotland to come out with this pish in a desperate attempt to sway voters. It's actually insulting to voters.

If you were undecided would this make you want to vote No?

I take it is OK to criticise "cybernats" for the personal abuse they dish out and then quite happily allow personal abuse of Alex Salmond in an official BT video.

Jesus. Words fail me. I could type all night with this one but a picture tells a thousand words...

41572_319554782707_919880_n.jpg

Hopefully Yes won't come out with something equally as bad on the 24th June.

I suppose the big question to come from this is which accent does John Barrowman put on. That annoying whiney one that he uses on the telly to make him sound American, or the Scottish one he attempted there?

Unfortunately not, I could hardly bare to finish it, so bad.

So I can add another one to the list of Yes "Agent Provocateurs" then, with Lamont, Darling, Brown, Sarwar. Hague. Curran & now John Barrowman, (whoever the f**k he is), we can sleep easy at night knowing they are hard at work for us!

Hopefully Yes won't come out with something equally as bad on the 24th June.

I'm also concerned the Yes campaign come out with some cheesy pish. I say get Limmy, Rab Florence and Frankie Boyle in a room and let them make a campaign video.

In other matters, the video of Alex Salmond talking to James Naughtie in the INSP Lecture series has now been posted. I was there and it was just great, a must watch.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/revealed-the-foreign-office-devo-units-drive-to-kill-off-independence.23269484

The UK State continues to use all the resources it can to garner support from abroad to kill of Scottish Independence. While stating it is a matter for Scotland.

I've noticed The Herald's comments are always rammed full of Yes supporters. Seems like they've seen an audience there and positioned themself more neutrally.

BBC, Scotsman etc are still embarrassingly partisan.

Don't worry,it will change, I'm not surprised that the ICM poll isn't getting wall to wall coverage, obviously a poll of voters from over 3 months ago holds more sway than 1 from yesterday.

It is an interesting poll and it can't really be spun away as a "blip" or some such.

I'd like to see a few more like that in the weeks ahead otherwise Unionists will describe it as just that.

It's not been a good weekend for Bitter Together; institutional bias revealed at BBC Scotland by an academic study; the embarrassing story that the UK's diplomats are being obliged to take the bittertogether message to whatever country they happen to be based in as a matter of urgency; the NO campaign being tarnished by the bigoted ravings of Scotland's UKIP leader on facebook (whose party seems to have descended into a sack of face-chewing in-fighting rats); and the John Barrowman embarrassment.

NO does seem to be getting a bit rattled. If they want to hold their lead which they have had for the 18+ months of this campaign then a period of quiet calm and lack of embarrassing revelations would be their best bet. At the moment, they are doing a lot of good work for Yes and damaging themselves. Long may that continue.

I've noticed The Herald's comments are always rammed full of Yes supporters. Seems like they've seen an audience there and positioned themself more neutrally.

BBC, Scotsman etc are still embarrassingly partisan.

Ah right, so the papers that are crammed full of Yes supporters and positive Yes stories are "neutral" and those who aren't are "partisan", despite Yes being a minority view?

It is an interesting poll and it can't really be spun away as a "blip" or some such.

I have no issues with this poll, as it's independently commissioned. It's clearly the best news the Yes campaign have had for some time.

Remember how the MSM were biased and not to be trusted as they were part of a Unionist conspiracy?

Is that still the case?

Yes. One or two are starting to see sense though. The Herald being the main one. But then papers always have been biased one way or the other. As fine you know they will print whatever they think their readers will want to see. IMO The Labour leaning press are obviously starting to realise that their readership is not as staunchly no as they thought. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Record over the coming weeks and months, particularly now that LFI seems to be gathering momentum.

All we have asked for is balance, accuracy and fairness in it's reporting. Not the outright bullshit and twisting of the truth that most of the press has chucked in our direction thus far.

The BBC however...

Ah right, so the papers that are crammed full of Yes supporters and positive Yes stories are "neutral" and those who aren't are "partisan", despite Yes being a minority view?

I said the comments are rammed full of Indy supporters.

If you can point me towards any dishonest reporting in The Herald, that'd be interesting?

Archived