Scottish Independence

xbl

I said the comments are rammed full of Indy supporters.

If you can point me towards any dishonest reporting in The Herald, that'd be interesting?

What "dishonest" reporting has there been in any of the newspapers?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revealed: the Foreign Office Devo unit's drive to kill off independence

b6172f4bd9411d5083aeb2ce645d4b5af9055bae

Scottish Political Editor

Sunday 26 January 2014

A FOREIGN Office department ostensibly set up to promote the Scottish Government's interests is being used against it in the independence referendum, diplomatic cables have revealed.

250bc5b25ad1ab487101f37270f6840e55ba6f28

The Devolution Unit, created by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in 2012 to deliver abroad the "utmost co-operation", now appears to be at the heart of Westminster's anti-independence drive, amassing hostile reactions from overseas.

Maybe some interesting points for the Law guys to pick apart here....

Business for Scotland submits evidence to Holyrood EU Committee WRITTEN SUBMISSION FROM BUSINESS FOR SCOTLAND to The Scottish Parliament’s European and External Relations Committee

Submitted by Gordon MacIntyre-Kemp, CEO, Business for Scotland; Brandon J Malone LLB,

Solicitor Advocate; Michael Gray, Business for Scotland, Researcher.

Business for Scotland is a pro-independence business network and think-tank with over 1,200 members (business owners and directors) from across Scotland. Business for Scotland submits the following information to the Scottish Parliament’s European and External Relations Committee on proposals for an independent Scotland: membership of the European Union (EU).

Introduction

The submission will focus on four areas:

1. Legal opinion provided by Brandon J Malone, Solicitor Advocate;
  1. Economic and political reasons for Scotland’s continued membership of the EU;
  2. Benefits of an independent Scotland in the EU;

4) Risks to EU membership from Westminster policy.

I love it when some so called Celeb comes out for either side. Then you get.." we welcome the endorsement from so and so..or so and so id entitled to their view but.... If anybody in this long long campaign needs the a "Celeb" to help them make up our minds. Then god help us.

That reminds me of the time I was at a St.Andrews Day function in Papua New Guinea where my family and I were the guests of honour........nah - no really. I just made that shite up. Much like national treasure John Barrowman just did.

Oh - and BTW John.....Worst. Jacket. Ever. Looked like an Arthur Montford / Archie Macpherson effort circa 1975.

Let's play spot the difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8WK2-MQ5c

What a difference a few weeks make. Same Jacket, different accent

Wouldnae worry about it, rightly or wrongly, he's just throwing his tuppence worth in, personally I think the video done NO more harm than good.

Wouldnae worry about it, rightly or wrongly, he's just throwing his tuppence worth in, personally I think the video done NO more harm than good.

I just find it funny. I agree with you it will be a PR disaster for them. Particularly with their "Referendum is a matter for the people of Scotland" line that they trot out, and the fact that it was some of the most cringeworthy stuff I've ever seen.

I've got absolutely no problems with anyone nailing their colours to either mast. Everyone can have an opinion whether they live in Scotland or not. I do have a problem when No say "Referendum is a matter for the people of Scotland" then use people to support their campaign who are not currently one of the people of Scotland.

What is for sure is that the average Scot in a council house and on minimum wage isn't going to be swayed by John Barrowman in a tartan jacket and spouting a put on Scottish accent talking about his tales of Chicogo.

I just find it funny. I agree with you it will be a PR disaster for them. Particularly with their "Referendum is a matter for the people of Scotland" line that they trot out, and the fact that it was some of the most cringeworthy stuff I've ever seen.

I've got absolutely no problems with anyone nailing their colours to either mast. Everyone can have an opinion whether they live in Scotland or not. I do have a problem when No say "Referendum is a matter for the people of Scotland" then use people to support their campaign who are not currently one of the people of Scotland.

What is for sure is that the average Scot in a council house and on minimum wage isn't going to be swayed by John Barrowman in a tartan jacket and spouting a put on Scottish accent talking about his tales of Chicogo.

I thought that was my hearing.

It was exactly the kind of twee shortbread and haggis image that Scotland has been trying to get away from. Im not exactly sure what demographic this was aimed at although Im sure it would go down a storm with women of a certain age and voting disposition.....think Anabelle Goldie, The Sunday Post and the Bearsden.Parish Women's Guild.

And what was the snydey "puddin of the chieftain race" comment all about? Is this best they can do? Bitter Together are in big trouble.

I see better together are planning on using 'volunteers' to staff call centres in England and Wales to cold call voters up here on behalf of their campaign. Apparently, the first London call centre has made 'tens of thousands' of calls already.

They are also preparing to bus students up from south of the border in a 'big push' in the spring.

A matter for Scots and people in Scotland?

Staggering hypocrisy.

Archived