If Scotland Votes Naw.

Burma

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least. I reckon a NO vote kills it for at least a generation. In my opinion I wouldnt expect to see another crack at it for maybe 50yrs. I also suspect that even if its a close run thing and NO prevails then Westminster will take steps to secure themselves against the possibility of a future referendum. Im not saying it will happen but I wouldnt be surprised if there as an attempt to "reinvigorate" the union. To "make it stronger" and the unionist parties would, quite rightly, take a NO as a mandate to do so. Possibly even going so far as to attempt a new Act of Union to replace the 1707 one. A new Act which would remove the grey areas of constitution. This would be in favour of Westminster as the final say on such matters and would in their words "provide clarity".

Very much so, in so far that the UK government will do something which will make another referendum (almost) impossible. They tried it with devolution where no one party (SNP) would gain a majority, that was a fail. You can be sure that, god forbid, there is a No vote then DC and co will have something in place to counter any further Indy movement for the foreseeable future.

The whole country should join in on a rendition of God save the Queen and Rule Britannia to mark the glorious day when we vote NO.

...and lets just remind ourselves of that last verse

Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

ETA

:thumsup2 I still remember getting reprimanded at school for refusing to stand one day when that got played

...and lets just remind ourselves of that last verse

Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

When was the last time that verse ever got used? Hundreds of years ago is the answer. It's the 21st century, get over it.

Also, we should publicly have Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon on a stage so we can all throw eggs at the pair of ugly c***s then after that they vanish from our TV's forever.

When was the last time that verse ever got used? Hundreds of years ago is the answer. It's the 21st century, get over it.

Also, we should publicly have Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon on a stage so we can all throw eggs at the pair of ugly c***s then after that they vanish from our TV's forever.

Yet your bunch of halfwits can't produce a candidate that can shred Salmond in a debate.

The powerhouse from the islands was nearly greeting coz a wee lassie was tying him up in knots.

Probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever witnessed in British politics, it was that bad I almost felt sorry for Sir Carmichael of Mammysapronstrings.

al_2120518b.jpg

Already have my Oz citizenship application lined up just in case it's a No.

Without independence I will certainly never come back to live in Scotland.

I think I speak for the country as a whole when I say "Please Come Back. Please"

Yet your bunch of halfwits can't produce a candidate that can shred Salmond in a debate.

The powerhouse from the islands was nearly greeting coz a wee lassie was tying him up in knots.

Probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever witnessed in British politics, it was that bad I almost felt sorry for Sir Carmichael of Mammysapronstrings.

Salmond is actively avoiding a debate with Darling

Already have my Oz citizenship application lined up just in case it's a No.

Without independence I will certainly never come back to live in Scotland.

Quite frankly you should go live in Australia regardless of the outcome. I don't see how anyone could turn down that opportunity

Answer the question - has Salmond agreed to debate Darling yet? if not, why not?

He refused because in his words it should be Cameron that should be debating with him.

Darling wouldn't stand a chance.

Has Cameron agreed to a debate ? If not, why not?

Answer the question - has Salmond agreed to debate Darling yet? if not, why not?

You're a dishonest wee fucker aren't you? I know for a fact that this has been raised many times, and answered many times. Don't waste your breath trying to claim ignorance, because we both know thats a lie. Why should Salmond sully himself debating with some junior nobody?

The opposite numbers thing has been explained to you many times now. If Darling wants to debate, he can debate his opposite number. If he wants to debate with somebody in the government (assuming he represents the Tory-Lib Dem coalition, and lets face it, Labour do up here), then he can debate with the Minister in charge of the referendum.

Now, if you ask such a stupid question, yet again, after near a year of having it answered slowly, patiently, and in slow words, then we are going to do nothing but laugh at you. Take a telling.

He's said before that he'll debate with anyone, but he's holding out for Cameron and I can see why. Firstly, the argument that it should be a Scots only thing doesn't wash, Cameron is prime minister of the United Kingdom, if anyone has the knowledge and authority to put forth the positive case for the Union, it's him. Also as prime minister of the UK, he still apparently represents the 5.2 million Scots and has a duty to them - so why is he avoiding the debate with Salmond?

Secondly, the presentational argument is great fro Salmond: Old etonian, upper class Conservative politician vs. Salmond? Salmond could slay puppies and kittens on naitonal TV and still win that debate.

If it comes to it, Salmond will debate with darling, though there is a bit of a mismatch between the first minister of Scotland and a powerless opposition backbencher with no authority. How can darling debate with no authority or power to make any binding promises to the Scottish people? No wonder Salmond is holding out for something better.

He's said before that he'll debate with anyone, but he's holding out for Cameron and I can see why.

Everyone can see why. His referendum is in tatters, cameron owned him at Edinburgh and he's desperately trying to drag a Tory up here to play the class card.

Cameron is laughing at him from London. The desperate "please debate me, pleassssse" whines show the desperation on the Yes side.

Everyone can see why. His referendum is in tatters, cameron owned him at Edinburgh and he's desperately trying to drag a Tory up here to play the class card.

Cameron is laughing at him from London. The desperate "please debate me, pleassssse" whines show the desperation on the Yes side.

Uh huh.

Archived