Scotland's Oil

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

Incredibly, the above sentence was written by a No supporter.

Irony doesn't even do it justice.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/when-youre-happy-and-you-know-it/

I'm perfectly aware that there's plenty of roasters on the no side that spout bollocks; doesn't make that pish you posted about this conspiracy theory any less nonsensical.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What like the leak of military grade nuclear cooling at Dounreay that the UKg never told anyone about.

Powerstation workers.

Cleanup crew.

Sepa.

Coolant Testers.

All kept quiet somehow.

Trust.

I dont.

Ach,that's just scaremongering,the cuddlywuddlies look out for us at every turn, they'd never do anything that was against Scotland's interests.

I wish more folk had known about the downright lies the 1st time round, this country wouldn't be the shitehole it currently is if we'd looked after the last 40 years of oil. FACT.

Funny, I actually think Scotland is a pretty decent country. Not perfect, but far from a shitehole.

Disappointing when people have to be so negative about Scotland.

I'm perfectly aware that there's plenty of roasters on the no side that spout bollocks; doesn't make that pish you posted about this conspiracy theory any less nonsensical.

Plenty of fcuking roasters on the NO side!"" That's the pish that those trusted representatives of NO have spouted, not quite the same as a naebody on here linking to an article written by a naebody.

Funny, I actually think Scotland is a pretty decent country. Not perfect, but far from a shitehole.

You've obviously not toured Ayrshire then.

I wish more folk had known about the downright lies the 1st time round, this country wouldn't be the shitehole it currently is if we'd looked after the last 40 years of oil. FACT.

Do you honestly think Scotland is a shitehole?

It's disappointing to see these clowns talk down Scotland at any opportunity.

It's disappointing to see these clowns talk down Scotland at any opportunity.

It'll make a difference from the NO clowns telling us we're useless and incapable, if this country was doing brilliantly there wouldn't be a referendum and we certainly wouldn't be voting YES in a few weeks.

It'll make a difference from the NO clowns telling us we're useless and incapable, if this country was doing brilliantly there wouldn't be a referendum

I see you have unsurprisingly moved from "shitehole" to "not brilliant".

What an embarrassment for you.

I see you have unsurprisingly moved from "shitehole" to "not brilliant".

What an embarrassment for you.

When did I shift and when did you get out my pocket?

Scotland is not a shitehole, but it should be far better than it is in a lot of areas. The standard and availability of low cost housing, as well as the attitude of many towards their local environment leaves a lot to be desired.

Scotland is not a shitehole, but it should be far better than it is in a lot of areas. The standard and availability of low cost housing, as well as the attitude of many towards their local environment leaves a lot to be desired.

My part of it is a shitehole, it's beyond me how anyone in Ayrshire can't look around their area and think "We most certainly can do better than this".

Unfortunately the place is full of people that would vote for a monkey in a red rosette or swear allegiance to Liz.

I agree with this. It's largely a mentality thing.

I know you live in Switzerland and I hadn't really appreciated how utter scumbaggy Scotland is people wise, until I spent a bit of time in Switzerland. We have a ned culture that has been allowed to fester.

Scotland is still an excellent place to live, with a very high standard of living.

My part of it is a shitehole, it's beyond me how anyone in Ayrshire can't look around their area and think "We most certainly can do better than this".

Unfortunately the place is full of people that would vote for a monkey in a red rosette or swear allegiance to Liz.

There has to be an attitude shift for sure. A yes vote would hopefully be the start of that. By and large Scotland is full of folk who simply don't care or believe that they can't make any difference to things. That attitude has to change.

I agree with this. It's largely a mentality thing.

I know you live in Switzerland and I hadn't really appreciated how utter scumbaggy Scotland is people wise, until I spent a bit of time in Switzerland. We have a ned culture that has been allowed to fester.

Scotland is still an excellent place to live, with a very high standard of living.

From my perspective Scotland is not as bad as many people will tell you in that respect. There are a small number of neds and arseholes in relation to population size. The bigger problem is the number of people who seem to have no desire or belief that they can do anything that will improve their lot. Over here they are far more engaged and switched on politically, especially when it comes to local politics. The local councillors here are far more active, far more involved, and put under far more pressure to do things by the folk who vote for them.

From my perspective Scotland is not as bad as many people will tell you in that respect. There are a small number of neds and arseholes in relation to population size. The bigger problem is the number of people who seem to have no desire or belief that they can do anything that will improve their lot. Over here they are far more engaged and switched on politically, especially when it comes to local politics. The local councillors here are far more active, far more involved, and put under far more pressure to do things by the folk who vote for them.

I think that's exactly what most YES voters are hoping for.

Archived