Scotland's Oil

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh aye. Westminster, I'm sure, will worry about the Jocks rioting on their own streets whilst they count the money.

Oh well, its a pity that the entire British state seems to know about this, as well as the media ( but they cant say anything) and the workers at the platform ( but they cant say anything) and the oil execs who were flown into shetland ( but they cant say anything) and half the yessers on twitter but the First Minister of Scotland has no way of getting hold of the information.

Its not.

But it would help turn more NO voters into YES voters.

If we were to be told the truth about the North Sea, you would be a YES voter.

I have said before that given the right economic policies an iScotland would be successful.

Personally, oil is an irrelevance in the big picture - maybe the reaction by some on the Yes side is due to BT's obsession with it. I don't know for sure.

I have said before that given the right economic policies an iScotland would be successful.

Personally, oil is an irrelevance in the big picture - maybe the reaction by some on the Yes side is due to BT's obsession with it. I don't know for sure.

Sensible attitude???? Lets wait for all the facts.

This is just benefits for us all if this comes through.

Well said.

This whole conspiracy thing is just plain embarrassing. Oil money is irrelevant to our future.

FFS put the tin foil away and concentrate on the shit that matters.

Please?

The only evidence for this is two Yes sites/pages talking about anonymous tip offs and "overhearing" a rig manager talking about it. The idea that it's the "world's biggest oil field" is from a throwaway line on a Yes facebook page - which is written in a kind of odd tongue in cheek style that makes it sound more like a joke than a serious statement. I've no idea why we're taking random rumours on the internet and turning them into news stories - even Newsnet Scotland are running this now as if there's some evidence behind it.

The only evidence for this is two Yes sites/pages talking about anonymous tip offs and "overhearing" a rig manager talking about it. The idea that it's the "world's biggest oil field" is from a throwaway line on a Yes facebook page - which is written in a kind of odd tongue in cheek style that makes it sound more like a joke than a serious statement. I've no idea why we're taking random rumours on the internet and turning them into news stories - even Newsnet Scotland are running this now as if there's some evidence behind it.

Problem with that opinion is that the discovery is almost certainly true.

There are numerous independent sources in the industry verifying the data.

Forget the supposed cover up nonsense. That is par for the course for Westminster.

This is a huge.

Indeed.

I'm cringing that this non-story has gained so much momentum.

It's obviously shite.

Indeed.

It's obviously shite.

I can understand that vibe. However it appears legit.

BP in company briefings, have been talking about something big since last year.

Like I said, if true. Game changer...

I can understand that vibe. However it appears legit.

BP in company briefings, have been talking about something big since last year.

Like I said, if true. Game changer...

Just a couple of days ago Shell said; http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/business/company-news/shell-vows-to-invest-billions-in-north-sea.24925660

What a complete c**t of himself git is making here :lol:

Kudos for the poster using the 'even Newsnet Scotland' line as if they were a reputable news source and not a laughable Nat blog .

Indeed.

It's obviously shite.

Its just silly season time.

Desperate and embarrassing of course but one the Yes campaign can quietly cringe over and allow their lunatic fringe to masturbate over whilst they tiptoe round the mess on the floor.

I do have a bit of sympathy for Yes. How do you deal with the roaster element?

I suppose if you create a monster....

Cameron's visit to Shetland was very low-key. Wonder why?

Plus, London has form on keeping the facts to themselves.

By all accounts, the chances of a huge new oil field being discovered must be quite high. Why then are the oil companies investing more in the North Sea?

The real quesion is, who do we want to benefit from this? London or ourselves?

Cameron's visit to Shetland was very low-key. Wonder why?

Plus, London has form on keeping the facts to themselves.

By all accounts, the chances of a huge new oil field being discovered must be quite high. Why then are the oil companies investing more in the North Sea?

Another tin-foil hat case here. Firstly, huge new oil fields being discovered are actually quite rare - especially in the context of number of wells/fields drilled.

And the yes zoomers have yet to answer one simple question, if there really is a massive cover-up going on here....why the hell would David Cameron actually go to the Shetlands? It is not as of his presence there would serve any purpose?

The reason this stuff matters is to emphasise the desperation of the yes campaign in relying on half-baked conspiracy theories and outright lies.

The reason this stuff matters is to emphasise the desperation of the yes campaign in relying on half-baked conspiracy theories and outright lies.

Incredibly, the above sentence was written by a No supporter.

Irony doesn't even do it justice.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/when-youre-happy-and-you-know-it/

Another tin-foil hat case here. Firstly, huge new oil fields being discovered are actually quite rare - especially in the context of number of wells/fields drilled.

And the yes zoomers have yet to answer one simple question, if there really is a massive cover-up going on here....why the hell would David Cameron actually go to the Shetlands? It is not as of his presence there would serve any purpose?

I wish more folk had known about the downright lies the 1st time round, this country wouldn't be the shitehole it currently is if we'd looked after the last 40 years of oil. FACT.

Oh well, its a pity that the entire British state seems to know about this, as well as the media ( but they cant say anything) and the workers at the platform ( but they cant say anything) and the oil execs who were flown into shetland ( but they cant say anything) and half the yessers on twitter but the First Minister of Scotland has no way of getting hold of the information.

What like the leak of military grade nuclear cooling at Dounreay that the UKg never told anyone about.

Powerstation workers.

Cleanup crew.

Sepa.

Coolant Testers.

All kept quiet somehow.

Trust.

I dont.

Archived