Scotland's Oil

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

Absolutely. A vast new wealth resource. Westminster are desperate to squander it.

There is a need to get this info out asap, particularly if its true it has been suppressed for political reasons.

Expect one of the no mob along to quickly change the subject.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oil Exec: "Prime Minister, we appear to have found the world's largest ever oil field near the Shetlands"

PM: "My lord, with only weeks to go before the referendum....this is disastrous"

Adviser to the PM: "If this gets out it will be ruin our chances... we should suppress this"

Oil Exec: "Well...that would be highly illegal since the Clair field is operated by a listed company and information like this must be disclosed...bit sure we will go along with that"

PM: "I agree....and to ensure nobody knows about this I'll go to the Shetlands myself to pass on the message"

Adviser to the PM: "I'm not sure that's a good idea sir."

PM: "Nonsense, nobody will even notice"

The yes camp are getting really desperate if they're reduced to this conspiracy theory pish.

Oil Exec: "Prime Minister, we appear to have found the world's largest ever oil field near the Shetlands"

PM: "My lord, with only weeks to go before the referendum....this is disastrous"

Adviser to the PM: "If this gets out it will be ruin our chances... we should suppress this"

Oil Exec: "Well...that would be highly illegal since the Clair field is operated by a listed company and information like this must be disclosed...bit sure we will go along with that"

PM: "I agree....and to ensure nobody knows about this I'll go to the Shetlands myself to pass on the message"

The yes camp are getting really desperate if they're reduced to this conspiracy theory pish.

Did you not see the PM papers (released after 30 years or so - whatever the rule is) that proved how the British government suppressed how much the north sea was really worth in the 1970s?

Basic politics.

Now what did the BP ceo say about Scottish independance again?

Very good. The cats out the bag.

Did you not see the PM papers (released after 30 years or so - whatever the rule is) that proved how the British government suppressed how much the north sea was really worth in the 1970s?

Basic politics.

Ok then, let's look at what these articles are saying. They're claiming that the Clair field's recent appraisal wells have found that it's the largest field in the world. Previous estimates were that the field had 5bn boe in place with about 1.75bn of that recoverable. In order for it to be the largest in the world, estimates of recoverable oil would need to increase multifold. All this on a field which has had plenty of appraisal work done on it over the past decade. It's awfully coincidental that in the weeks running up to the referendum such earth-shattering news would need to be suppressed.... and the Prime Minister would have to go there himself to suppress it.

Or it could be utter bollocks.

Ok then, let's look at what these articles are saying. They're claiming that the Clair field's recent appraisal wells have found that it's the largest field in the world. Previous estimates were that the field had 5bn boe in place with about 1.75bn of that recoverable. In order for it to be the largest in the world, estimates of recoverable oil would need to increase multifold. All this on a field which has had plenty of appraisal work done on it over the past decade. It's awfully coincidental that in the weeks running up to the referendum such earth-shattering news would need to be suppressed.... and the Prime Minister would have to go there himself to suppress it. Or it could be utter bollocks.

I'm not calling it a conspiracy - I've not looked at the articles.

My point was simply that the UK government absolutely have previous with covering shit like this up.

Ok then, let's look at what these articles are saying. They're claiming that the Clair field's recent appraisal wells have found that it's the largest field in the world. Previous estimates were that the field had 5bn boe in place with about 1.75bn of that recoverable. In order for it to be the largest in the world, estimates of recoverable oil would need to increase multifold. All this on a field which has had plenty of appraisal work done on it over the past decade. It's awfully coincidental that in the weeks running up to the referendum such earth-shattering news would need to be suppressed.... and the Prime Minister would have to go there himself to suppress it.Or it could be utter bollocks.

They could even just have found a way to make that 5bn recoverable.

We are contantly told by Yes campaigners that oil is not vital to Scotland's economic success

The collective orgasm at this news seems to indicate otherwise.

I can live without a jackpot win on the Euromillions,i'd orgasm like f**k if i won it though.

We are contantly told by Yes campaigners that oil is not vital to Scotland's economic success

A euromillions win is not vital to me being able to pay the mortgage. Might be nice though.

They could even just have found a way to make that 5bn recoverable.

No. That really wouldn't be the case. Still wouldn't make it anywhere near the world's largest field ever.

Its not.

But it would help turn more NO voters into YES voters.

If we were to be told the truth about the North Sea, you would be a YES voter.

If you add into that that if there really are D notices on this info and it is announced after the referendum there will probably be rioting the streets.

i just cant see it.

Look Scotland does not need the oil. We could be a very happy mid ranking Western economy without it.

However this is a gamechanger. This would ensure the public finances of this nation for generations. We could comfortably build our oil fund. Lets not allow Westminster to pish it on shite.

Archived