Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Ladbrokes now going 4/1 YES from 7/2. Best price around, most others are 100/30 and 7/2.

Don't know if the TNS poll had any bearing on their decision. I know I placed my bet too quick. :(

Ohh yes because Forfar is such a backward, hick place. God knows how I manage to cope when I travel through to Glasgow every other weekend eh seeing as I am from Arbroath.. speak shite H_B pal. :thumsup2

I hope you give your horse plenty of rest when you get there.

Ladbrokes now going 4/1 YES from 7/2. Best price around, most others are 100/30 and 7/2.

Don't know if the TNS poll had any bearing on their decision. I know I placed my bet too quick. :(

Paddy Power into 5/2, they've obviously dissected the TNS poll.

it's not a harsh truth. It's an opinion.

It's scaremongering opinion - the 2 legs bad 4 legs good that sees everything in black and white terms when, in reality, it's shades of gray.

I can see merits in independence, problems and unanswered questions - the same is true for the status quo. A lot of other voters will be the same.

I can see merits in independence, problems and unanswered questions - the same is true for the status quo. A lot of other voters will be the same.

I think it indicates a level of immaturity.

If you genuinely can't see positives in both Yes and No you are an unthinking fool.

No it doesn't. What difference is there between "Scotland" and "Yorkshire" in this regard.

It's a collection of individuals in a region, with wildly disparate political views.

Cringe

Let's just say for a laugh a new Scottish party (we can call it the Scotland party)

During the next uk elections the "Scotland Party" won every seat north of the border.

Would this party have any chance of being in government within this union, if not why not, and realistically what kind of say would these MPs have within Westminster?

Let's just say for a laugh a new Scottish party (we can call it the Scotland party)

During the next uk elections the "Scotland Party" won every seat north of the border.

Would this party have any chance of being in government within this union, if not why not, and realistically what kind of say would these MPs have within Westminster?

From memory scotland has 59 MPs, whilst the Lib Dems currently have 57

Would this party have any chance of being in government within this union, if not why not,

It's really not that difficult. They'd be representing only 10% of the population, though with a slightly greater percentage of the overall number of seats.

See if, just for the sake of argument, the "North Eastern England" party won EVERY seat in the North East of England - would THEY have a chance of forming the government, and if not, why not?

I once speculated a scenario where the SNP are the biggest party at Westminister.

Basically they win all 59 Scottish seats.

The NI seats stay as they are.

The remaining 573 English and Welsh seats are dominated by independents.

Your scenario is somewhat flawed. A party can gain overall power (like the SNP did in 2011) and most of the people didn't vote for them.

In 2011, - 902,915 people voted for SNP. 1,088,136 people didn't.

Problem with the UK electoral system is mainly first past the post. This will never be changed in our lifetime, so the only hope is that the first Scottish election after September 18th is fully proportional, and not the halfway house that currently exists.

Problem with the UK electoral system is mainly first past the post. This will never be changed in our lifetime, so the only hope is that the first Scottish election after September 18th is fully proportional, and not the halfway house that currently exists.

Hope so.