Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

So you have no evidence, to back that claim. White feather.

Given my own dealings with the far left they probably didn't even carry out a canvass.

From personal experience, canvasses are notoriously unreliable - fine for getting your vote out on the day but don't always paint an accurate picture.

I take it they didn't have a not in or didn't answer the door option?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Given my own dealings with the far left they probably didn't even carry out a canvass.

From personal experience, canvasses are notoriously unreliable - fine for getting your vote out on the day but don't always paint an accurate picture.

I take it they didn't have a not in or didn't answer the door option?

I agree that canvassing is a limited form of polling, there is no weighting, no way to make the numbers a snapshot of the wider society, but then that's not really the point with this - it does show, and all the information we have points that way, that the poorer C2D2E parts of Scotland break for Yes. Getting them registered and out on the day could potentially be a big thing for Yes, bearing in mind that the BPC pollsters struggle to weigh their numbers for that chunk of of the populace who previously haven't voted, or been off the electoral roll.

Nothing to gain but the don't know numbers are really high? I am not from Glasgow so don't know what Castlemilk is like - would demographics have anything to do with the number of don't knows?

Not really, about 16% - in the range that the BPC pollsters all see, except TNS, who typically see DKs in the 30% range.

Edited by renton

No doubt Lex will be along soon to lecture us about the bookies' cast-iron judgement.

Meaningless in terms of the campaign; hilarious fail building for an embittered Unionist poster on this forum. Lovely.

Edited by vikingTON

No comfortably in front as it has been since polling data began.

Latest odds:

Best odds on Yes:

5/1 (William Hill, Coral, Ladbrokes)

Best odds on No:

1/5 (Betfair)

Post the latest polls and odds in here along with your interpretation of them. My interpretation of them thus far is that no is cruising to a comprehensive victory. What's yours?

This was the relevant part of post #1 on this thread.

Can Lex provide us with an update on the latest best odds from the bookies and an update on his "cruising" status?

No numbers yet, but here's tomorrows SoS front page splash.

9rFuoAs.jpg

Firmly in my opinion but I reckon we were "on the brink" before the sermon on the pound, that,along with the other shenanigans lately will have pushed us furher ahead.

Lets drive this home lads (and ladies).

48 to 52 in favour of No.

A landmark ICM survey for today’s Scotland on Sunday reveals a decline in the No vote from 46 per cent to 42 per cent over the past month. Over the same period, the Yes vote has remained steady at 39 per cent, resulting in a significant tightening of the gap between the two sides.
When the 19 per cent “don’t knows” are excluded from the equation, the No vote stands at 52 per cent, with 48 per cent in favour of Scotland going it alone. This is the highest level of Yes support to be recorded by an independently commissioned opinion poll.

We're going to do this!

Not just this poll, but spoke to a guy I went to school with. You ken the type, you meet him once every few months when you end up back home in the back of a whoor shithole we all come from every few months if we end up at a wedding with some guy we went to school with, possibly funeral, or holiday season.

At Christmas he was "totally voting no. No, no." in his own words.

Yet via e-mail tonight "You wee bugger im most likely voting yea thought id let you know". He's most likely pished and will have the fear x100, but if c***s like him can be turned after a night on the bevie, then well, Mr Bairn, St Mirren fans, HB - ship out to England now, and make way for our new alien overlords...

Count yourself lucky that you didn't stick £10,000 on at bookies on a no vote, those who did must be worrying now! Even with the No campaign in the lead it's a little too close for comfort now.

I may not have bet that in actual cash, but surely, it will cost me far more in real terms.

I may not have bet that in actual cash, but surely, it will cost me far more in real terms.

Why, are you going to be working for free in an independent Scotland.

FFS, you're working part time in retail, how much are you actually gambling if we become independent. I can accept concern from people who've a lot to lose but I've no time for voters who are risking next to fcuk all in September.

Edited by ayrmad