Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

So you throw out some baseless statements then admit you hadn't even checked the evidence yourself?

The truth is the polls got it almost spot on in 2011.

Pft

I don't know which side is going to win this referendum but what I do know is that we will probably be able to say with 95% confidence at 7am right before the polls open on referendum day, because up to date polling is rarely wrong.

I await a reply from YouGov .

They emailed me to take part in an online poll.

The first question, 'Country of residence? ' a drop down list to choose from.

Scotland is not included, only UK

It will not let you enter it manually.

I did not proceed.

There are many flaws in most polling systems. Landlines?

I await a reply from YouGov .

They emailed me to take part in an online poll.

The first question, 'Country of residence? ' a drop down list to choose from.

It will not let you enter it manually.

I did not proceed.

There are many flaws in most polling systems. Landlines?

You do live in the UK, champ.

I signed up to yougov a few months ago. I participate in every poll they link me to. Not once have they asked me the independence question. despite knowing everything about me, including the last place I shopped. This may be normal, but I find it strange they haven't asked me yet.

But any problem could not be found

Hiya Mr Bairn

What's your thoughts on the latest oddschecker bookies odds in this thread?

Anyone had a cheeky wee look at the channel 4 news/ yougov poll tonight? Yes 42% No 58%

That's just a misleading headline figure.

The underlying trend shows Yes is gaining ground hand over fist. Poll of polls. Momentum. Stuff.

The underlying trend shows Yes is gaining ground hand over fist. Poll of polls. Momentum. Stuff.

of course it is

one thing i will be glad of when this is all over, i will never hear the words "trend" or "momentum" ever again

Anyone had a cheeky wee look at the channel 4 news/ yougov poll tonight? Yes 42% No 58%

As you correctly point out, the poll was conducted by YouGov - the preferred pollsters of Better Together. That should be a clue.

Have you compared it with their previous polls? I think you'll find out that this latest poll produces the record low lead they have ever recorded for "No"

My thoughts are that BT need snookers

You two are slowly coming round.

We'll make Yes voters out of the two of you yet.

:)

As you correctly point out, the poll was conducted by YouGov - the preferred pollsters of Better Together. That should be a clue.

]

I take it you dismiss all Panelbase polls for the same reason in reverse. Just to be consistent.... given they are Wings and the SNP s pet pollsters when you need to buy a result?

I take it you dismiss all Panelbase polls for the same reason in reverse. Just to be consistent.... given they are Wings and the SNP s pet pollsters when you need to buy a result?

Clearly not. They're the good guys.

Stop putting words into my mouth. I didn't dismiss anything - I merely pointed out that YouGov have traditionally been the most no-friendly pollster. By the same token, Panelbase are the most Yes-friendly pollster.

As such, comparing the results found by the two companies (as C4 did) is not particularly instructive.

I then showed that even YouGov appear to be finding a narrowing in the gap between No and Yes. This is the same narrowing that all pollsters are finding.

Why not address that point rather than throwing around accusations about buying results?

Stop putting words into my mouth. I didn't dismiss anything - I merely pointed out that YouGov have traditionally been the most no-friendly pollster. By the same token, Panelbase are the most Yes-friendly pollster.

As such, comparing the results found by the two companies (as C4 did) is not particularly instructive.

I then showed that even YouGov appear to be finding a narrowing in the gap between No and Yes. This is the same narrowing that all pollsters are finding.

Why not address that point rather than throwing around accusations about buying results?

You immediately tried to rubbish the pollster rather than actually discuss the content of the poll.

You engage in dreadful double standards like Colkitto before you.

I have never seen you open a post on a Panel base poll by pointing out they are the Yes campaigns pet pollster so that should be a clue in any positive result for Yes.

Why not ?

Which poll?

This is not my recollection.

Here is the final poll figures from each pollster from the 2011 election elections:

Actual result: SNP 45.39% LAB 31.69% (List result: SNP 44.04% LAB 26.31%)

Yougov 4/5/11: SNP 42% LAB 35% (List: SNP 35% LAB 32%)

TNS 3/5/11: SNP 45% LAB 27% (SNP 38 LAB 25)

IPSOS MORI 21/4/11: SNP 45 LAB 34(SNP 42 LAB 32)

Scottish opinion 9/4/11: SNP 46 LAB 36(SNP 38 LAB 37)

Panelbase 4/4/11: SNP 37 LAB 37(SNP 37 LAB 32)

Here is the final poll figures from each pollster from the 2011 election elections:

Actual result: SNP 45.39% LAB 31.69% (List result: SNP 44.04% LAB 26.31%)

Yougov 4/5/11: SNP 42% LAB 35% (List: SNP 35% LAB 32%)

TNS 3/5/11: SNP 45% LAB 27% (SNP 38 LAB 25)

IPSOS MORI 21/4/11: SNP 45 LAB 34(SNP 42 LAB 32)

Scottish opinion 9/4/11: SNP 46 LAB 36(SNP 38 LAB 37)

Panelbase 4/4/11: SNP 37 LAB 37(SNP 37 LAB 32)

Hahaha.. you used the statistics in Yougov poll from the DAY BEFORE the election :lol:

What about 18th March 2011? Yougov Labour 41 SNP 38