Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

You need a big stake to make betting on No worthwhile. Depending on the bookie you're looking at £500-700 to make a profit of £100 - there's no value whatsoever in it and for most people it simply isn't worth it.

Yes is the value bet. I expect the odds to narrow in August as the referendum approaches, so there's a decent chance of trading it out as well if you so wish.

I have no idea what proportion of voters plan to vote No or Yes.

Neither does any polling company out there or anyone on here.

Not with any credible certainty.

I have an idea, what with No consistently being ahead in all the polls. :)

And in elections, the pro-Unionist party's combined votes far outweigh that of pro-independence party's. There's another credible indicator right there.

Then there's the amount Better Together have been given in donations compared to the Yes campaign.

I have an idea, what with No consistently being ahead in all the polls. :)

And in elections, the pro-Unionist party's combined votes far outweigh that of pro-independence party's. There's another credible indicator right there.

Then there's the amount Better Together have been given in donations compared to the Yes campaign.

And? People at UK elections are not voting for independence

It's pretty pointless voting for SNP at Westminister level anyways

And? People at UK elections are not voting for independence

It's pretty pointless voting for SNP at Westminister level anyways

When did he specifically mention UK elections? I mean the union side easily won the Euro elections and even slightly outpolled Nat parties in 2011

When did he specifically mention UK elections? I mean the union side easily won the Euro elections and even slightly outpolled Nat parties in 2011

Not in Scotland, and considering SNP & Scottish Greens don't do looking for seats outside Scotland in case you missed it. hence the point it's not worth voting SNP at UK level, because even if they won every Scottish MP seat, they'll always be in opposition and not even the main opposition

What other possible elections could he mean? besides, i highly doubt people think "i'm pro union, i'll vote Lib Dems" even more so considering we haven't had a independence referendum before now.

Not in Scotland, and considering SNP & Scottish Greens don't do looking for seats outside Scotland in case you missed it. hence the point it's not worth voting SNP at UK level, because even if they won every Scottish MP seat, they'll always be in opposition and not even the main opposition

What other possible elections could he mean? besides, i highly doubt people think "i'm pro union, i'll vote Lib Dems" even more so considering we haven't had a independence referendum before now.

Erm yes. The big 3 easily outpolled the SNP and Greens in May 2014.

Erm yes. The big 3 easily outpolled the SNP and Greens in May 2014.

Well id argue the Tories are not one of the "big 3" within Scotland at westminster or Holyrood level. and SNP "won" the Euro elections up here, yet again these elections wasn't for or against Scottish independence. so i'll say again, i doubt people voted Lib Dems because they are pro union

Nice of you to take up someone else argument though

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Yep. More than 60% of votes for Unionist party's in the Euro elections.

For a nation that supposedly want's independence, it's rather strange that when it came to who they wanted to represent the country in Europe they voted for Unionist party's. Wouldn't they, maybe selfishly, vote for the Scottish National Party? :) Seem's to suggest Scottish people are happy with the UK perspective rather than only caring about Scotland. Well done to them. :)

Yep. More than 60% of votes for Unionist party's in the Euro elections.

For a nation that supposedly want's independence, it's rather strange that when it came to who they wanted to represent the country in Europe they voted for Unionist party's. Wouldn't they, maybe selfishly, vote for the Scottish National Party? :) Seem's to suggest Scottish people are happy with the UK perspective rather than only caring about Scotland. Well done to them. :)

This isn't Northern Ireland

All the pro union parties have a different vision for Scotland/UK and Europe, unless you're trying to suggest Labour and Lib Dems want the same as UKIP?

If you can't understand the difference, i can only assume you're trolling. poorly

All the pro union parties have a different vision for Scotland/UK and Europe, unless you're trying to suggest Labour and Lib Dems want the same as UKIP?

You seem to have misunderstood the point. What I said what they vote for what they think is best for the UK, rather than just Scotland.

Fact. :)

You seem to have misunderstood the point. What I said what they vote for what they think is best for the UK, rather than just Scotland.

Fact. :)

I don't even think you understand your point.

What's so difficult to understand?

Voter votes for Unionist party rather than just thinking about Scotland and voting Scottish National Party.

Okay? :)

I voted Tory, where does that sit in your spectrum of bull?

I voted Tory, where does that sit in your spectrum of bull?

I really don't believe a word you say any more.

Better jobs, higher pay, you know more Yes voters than No, most of those people are also Tory voters etc..

All just in the past 24 hours. Are you addicted to talking rubbish or something?... :)

I really don't believe a word you say any more.

Better jobs, higher pay, you know more Yes voters than No, most of those people are also Tory voters etc..

All just in the past 24 hours. Are you addicted to talking rubbish or something?... :)

Why won't you believe I could possibly vote for the Tories, have you seen the shite Labour puts up in my corner of Ayrshire.

I think you'll find that John Scott received a wee congratulatory email from myself on his election to Holyrood.

Edited by ayrmad