Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

well that would be right that P&B should reflect the rest of the country, that there still appears to be more No voters than Yessrs

Go check the poll done on here: cheers.

????????????

Honestly, do you really believe we'll just walk away and say, right lads, we've got a clean sheet here, we can demand taxes on everything that comes out of the North Sea and squander it as we please? Another Dream Merchant! FFS

Without a share of 'the assets' no chance! You're dreaming mate! it aint gonna happen!

We know why you're NO. Stop claiming its something else. You are a bigot.

well that would be right that P&B should reflect the rest of the country, that there still appears to be more No voters than Yessrs

"

Go check the poll done on here: cheers.

????????????

Go have a look at the P and B poll which has hundreds of votes and last time I checked was sitting at 83 percent YES!

P&B is not reflective of the "real world", to be honest am surprised it is as low as 83%, my point is more no voters on P&B would be more reflective of the rest of the country, good grief I don't believe I had to explain that

I'd be somewhat interested to see the difference between young voters who predominantly play and attend football compared with those who predominantly like rugby.

There seems to be a correlation between areas which are traditionally seen as 'rugby areas' (e.g. The Borders) and an increased likelihood of voting no.

P&B however is largely dominated by young male football fans, one of the groups I would guess (though may be wrong) are more likely to vote yes. No surprise that the poll on here is considerably favourable to yes.

I'd be somewhat interested to see the difference between young voters who predominantly play and attend football compared with those who predominantly like rugby.

There seems to be a correlation between areas which are traditionally seen as 'rugby areas' (e.g. The Borders) and an increased likelihood of voting no.

P&B however is largely dominated by young male football fans, one of the groups I would guess (though may be wrong) are more likely to vote yes. No surprise that the poll on here is considerably favourable to yes.

Ah, it's the diehard Labour man.

10548765_835012113176367_460104719169724BtQcd-_IIAIoJv5.png10416587_483968128373269_817658392047172

Interesting canvass this afternoon in an area i hate canvassing in as the SNP get nothing here and quite often you get some choice advice on your way down the path too. This is solid Perthshire Tory country but also notable at the last local election for a fair few people telling me they would vote SNP for their record running PKC but didnt like Salmond or would never vote for independence.

24% Yes 24% No 52% undecided.

Now the undecided could be people who cant be bothered engaging with you positively or negatively and just want you gone, or older people who say undecided as they dont like to tell people which way they are voting but for local and national elections you tend to get a much higher commitment one way or another.

Interesting canvass this afternoon in an area i hate canvassing in as the SNP get nothing here and quite often you get some choice advice on your way down the path too. This is solid Perthshire Tory country but also notable at the last local election for a fair few people telling me they would vote SNP for their record running PKC but didnt like Salmond or would never vote for independence.

Now the undecided could be people who cant be bothered engaging with you positively or negatively and just want you gone, or older people who say undecided as they dont like to tell people which way they are voting but for local and national elections you tend to get a much higher commitment one way or another.

In my political activist past, some 25+ years ago, that was usually a sure sign that they were Tories.

Is doo

Is there much doorknocking going on in this campaign? I've seen lots of street stalls and people handing out leaflets (from both sides) but I'm yet to have anyone actually knock on my door from either side. Before elections my door has always attracted folk from different parties (including once a Tory acquaintance of mine who said 'I know you're Labour, but I think I can change your mind'. He didn't), but as of yet we haven't had any campaigners at our door. Is this campaign more focused on street stalls, or have I just been fortunate enough not to have been targeted yet?

The last 18 months had pretty much been public meetings, town centre stalls, shoving leaflets and papers through doors etc

What I would desribe as "official" canvassing ie using the referendum question and using canvass sheets from the electoral register has only begn in my neck of the woods in the last two weeks and scheduled to be ongoing up to first week of September..

If you have an active SNP branch in your area who would usually canvass around election time I would imagine they will be at your door at some point in August. Not that the it is all SNP memebers, it is about 50/50 in my area but SNP organising it and using their exisiting canvass resources.

I know Radical independence and SNP in Dundee have been doing mass canvass around some of the regeneration areas but I have no idea as to the rigour of their methodology. I hope the SNP in Dundee will be doing some official canvassing too.

I have no idea what BT will be doing, Tories never have boots on the ground in Perthshire and Lab and Libs are like hens teeth. They have been bussing people into Dundee from England but they dont have the resource to even scratch the surface round the doors and have been focussing on the town centre.

I get the distinct impression that BT are all national politicians and students. I really dont see any sign that local activists have any stomach or desire to go door to door making the case for the union.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Survation poll in tomorrow's Mail on Sunday. Yes 40%(-1) No 46% (0)

Meanwhile, Salmond gets an England flag waved behind him at the Commonwealth Games a la Wimbledon and Rangers take a banner to Derby County which read "Four Countries - One Flag - Our United Kingdom". I couldn't have said it better myself.

Not a good day for the Scottish Separatists. :)

Edited by thepundit

Not much has changed on the latest polls. 6% difference.

Less than 50% of the people in Scotland want to be govern by WM. That's gotta hurt the fan boys.

and 60% don't want to be governed from Edinburgh 8)

Edited by ecto

Panelbase and Survation polls have historically brought encouraging results for the Yes campaign. Now that No has the momentum in both, it's maybe proving the Yes campaigns recent use of negative scaremongering isn't working?..... :)

Survation poll in tomorrow's Mail on Sunday. Yes 40%(-1) No 46% (0)

Meanwhile, Salmond gets an England flag waved behind him at the Commonwealth Games a la Wimbledon and Rangers take a banner to Derby County which read "Four Countries - One Flag - Our United Kingdom". I couldn't have said it better myself.

Not a good day for the Scottish Separatists. :)

Is a bunch o fannies waving flags what gets you excited for the union?

What a fud.

You couldny say it any worse either.

Pile o pish.