Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Out if interest why is there no commitment in the White Paper to change in our employment laws?

The 2012 legislation has effectively removed the rights of 3 million workers across the UK.

You sure that is right? Thought Trade Unions were mentioned. Use HTML.

The priorities for action for this Scottish Government in the first term of an independent Scottish parliament will be to:

• work directly with the trade unions, employer associations, employers and the voluntary sector to build a partnership approach to addressing labour market challenges
  • create sustainable employment that pays fairly through changes to the minimum wage and a commitment to the living wage
  • encourage people into work through a focus on early intervention and policies that support skills, training and opportunity

We will work with the STUC and the business community on mechanisms to formalise the relationship between government, employer associations and employee associations with a particular focus on encouraging wider trade union participation and in recognition of the positive role that can be played by collective bargaining in improving labour market conditions. For example, evidence from the OECD shows that stronger trade unions tend to reduce inequality in labour income and ensure a more equal distribution of earning

You sure that is right? Thought Trade Unions were mentioned. Use HTML.

From what I have read no UK legislation is to be repealed. The White Paper states that employment law would be "tailored to Scotland's needs" - whatever that means.

Why no commitment to get rid of sackers charters like the Unfair Dismissal and Statement of Reasons for Dismissal (Variation of Qualifying Period) Order 2012?

Impossible to say because we don't know what the turnout will be.

If 3 million voted, Yes would be round about 1 million at the moment. Probably less as I reckon a lot of Yes supporters won't even vote. There will be a lot of No supporters who won't vote either but Yes obviously need all of their support to vote, whereas No doesn't.

They probably still need to convince about 600,000+ No supporters (who are guaranteed to vote) to switch to Yes.

Not going to happen. Especially as the No vote has the guaranteed to support of workers who depend on UK trade, pensioners, the financially content, women, most soldiers, EU immigrants, Rangers fans, most Hearts fans, most Caley Thistle fans, about 50% of Celtic fans, and English people. :)

Edited by thepundit

If 3 million voted, Yes would be round about 1 million at the moment. Probably less as I reckon a lot of Yes supporters won't even vote. There will be a lot of No supporters who won't vote either but Yes obviously need all of their support to vote, whereas No doesn't.

They probably still need to convince about 600,000+ No supporters (who are guaranteed to vote) to switch to Yes.

Not going to happen. Especially as the No vote has the guaranteed to support of workers who depend on UK trade, pensioners, the financially content, women, most soldiers, EU immigrants, Rangers fans, most Hearts fans, most Caley Thistle fans, about 50% of Celtic fans, and English people. :)

Out your arse matey. You're listing your prejudice. #XenophobesforNO.

I know a fair few Scottish guys in the Forces who are quite bitter because they won't be getting a vote because they're drafted/based/stationed in Ingerland.

Caley Thistle fans are the big swing group in the referendum IMHAHO

Anyway, SSA survey results report

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28740329

I know a fair few Scottish guys in the Forces who are quite bitter because they won't be getting a vote because they're drafted/based/stationed in Ingerland.

They've certainly earned their right to vote.

Very harsh to deny them a say.

Caley Thistle fans are the big swing group in the referendum IMHAHO

Anyway, SSA survey results report

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28740329

Ha! Caley Thistle fans will do what they're told. And we (Rangers fans) say they should vote No. So that's that then! :)

Some interesting result in the survey. Although it should be noted this survey was before Salmond's embarrassing defeat last week. Absolutely delighted the "Scottish not British" option has massively declined. Hardly points towards a Yes vote in September.

They've certainly earned their right to vote.

Very harsh to deny them a say.

Ha! Caley Thistle fans will do what they're told. And we (Rangers fans) say they should vote No. So that's that then! :)

Some interesting result in the survey. Although it should be noted this survey was before Salmond's embarrassing defeat last week. Absolutely delighted the "Scottish not British" option has massively declined. Hardly points towards a Yes vote in September.

I'm not sure how Scottish guys in the forces would realistically be able to cast a vote but it is an anomaly. As for the Scottish/British thing, I call and consider myself Scottish, even though I'm a NAW.

I'm not sure how Scottish guys in the forces would realistically be able to cast a vote but it is an anomaly. As for the Scottish/British thing, I call and consider myself Scottish, even though I'm a NAW.

Yeah, but would you make a point of saying "I'm Scottish not British!" if someone called you British?...

Probably not.

You must have purchased your calculator from poundland.

Yeah, but would you make a point of saying "I'm Scottish not British!" if someone called you British?...

Probably not.

Depending on the situation I'd probably clarify it and if I'm asked I call myself Scottish. Ironically I've got a bit of an English accent :lol: