Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

How do you know this? Did you predict a Con/Lib coalition the last time? What's to stop the dreaded Con/UKiP coalition from happening or Con/Lib happening again?

Okay there's absolutely no chance of there being a UKIP/Con coalition. Because of FPTP, UKIP will be lucky to win two seats.

Even if Labour get voted in the next GE, we'd hardly be getting the government we want. Given that they know they have to woo over the right wing vote voter base in the south of England to win the election, which pretty much makes us irrelevant. Look at the poll tax protests up here for example. It didn't have an effect until the people started protesting about it in England.

Who's 'we'? Scotland isn't a person! It's 5 million people, many with vastly different political beliefs. This argument is utter bollocks IMO. You could keep cutting down to counties, towns, villages and streets, and you still wouldn't get a government that represented everyone's views.

You're no different to anyone else in Britain as an individual. This hard done by poor us shite is ridiculous.

EXACTLY, thats what all they parties will have to do always!!!

I cant get my head round jmothecat etc actually thinking itll make f**k all difference to us, why would the Westminster parties care when the vast majority of their electorate are in London and the SE. Keep them happy theyre sorted.

Aye, and it would be exactly the same in Scotland. It doesn't matter what 'Aberdeen' or 'the Borders' vote for because the Holyrood politicians would always chase the vote in the central belt.

Even if Labour get voted in the next GE, we'd hardly be getting the government we want. .

lolwut?

We'd have voted for them comprehensively, but they wouldn't be the government we want?

Are the SNP the government we want in Holyrood? You know, the party that less than half of the people who voted, voted for?

lolwut?

We'd have voted for them comprehensively, but they wouldn't be the government we want?

Are the SNP the government we want in Holyrood? You know, the party that less than half of the people who voted, voted for?

The SP is far more representative of the voters in Scotland than Westminster will ever be.

Edited by strichener

In answer to your question - The party with the largest scottish vote got the most seats. Can you say the same about Westminster?

No.

Nor can I say the party with the largest London vote got the most seats.

I'm sure you'll be making a point here soon.

Even if Labour get voted in the next GE, we'd hardly be getting the government we want.

I agree wholeheartedly, the Labour party that presents itself for election is not the one we will receive if the British public were daft enough to vote them in.

They are a bunch of conmen/women who'd run their granny over for a bit of power.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I agree wholeheartedly, the Labour party that presents itself for election is not the one we will receive if the British public were daft enough to vote them in.

They are a bunch of conmen/women who'd run their granny over for a bit of power.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I assume the SNP are exempt from this problem.

The Tories haven't won a majority since 1992. And that won't change next year.

Thanks goodness they didn't get a majority last time, eh? That would have been bad.

It makes not a jot of difference who gets in in Westminster. Just a different coloured tie.

Precisely. The only relevance this has to the Referendum is the short sighted Labour morons who are following their party blindly as always. We'll have a conservative government in Westminster in 2015 and beyond anyway.

Anyway latest TNS: 38/46/16.

I assume the SNP are exempt from this problem.

You'd be better asking a SNP voter like H_B that question, I got the government I voted for at Westminster and I didn't get the one I voted for at Holyrood.

No one asked about London.

Where did I say they had?

Scotland is no more hard done to than any other region, and its certainly not a bloc vote.

Almost as many people in Scotland voted for the current Westminster government as voted for the current Holyrood administration.

Scotland is no more hard done to than any other region, and its certainly not a bloc vote.

Almost as many people in Scotland voted for the current Westminster government as voted for the current Holyrood administration.

That's arguments all fine and well if you consider Scotland a region. Most people, including no voters, consider Scotland a country.

Given the reduction in representation that was implemented as part of devolution, Scotland is treated as a bloc. Not one single person in the UK voted for the current government. Your fail here is as big as your assertion that the majority of Scots voted against the SNP.