Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Labour designed it. Just to cling on to power. All they care about..

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/new-rules-would-stop-majority-at-holyrood.15810730

That's the difference between the Tories and Labour.

Tories are born with power. Always have it. Slept with their granny.

Labour have to earn it. Always have to hold onto it. Sell their granny.

You've posted a link to the UK government, last time I checked Labour weren't calling the shots and that was waaaaaaay to long to read to try and pick up what your point was. Your initial link said the Electoral Reform Society came up with this suggestion. They're a sort of cross party/no party bunch and they've got an Edinburgh office so I fail to see your Westminster or Labour connections. I'm going to stick with paranoid.

You've posted a link to the UK government, I fail to see your Westminster connections.

A staggering edit, I'm confident you won't reply to the points in my post though because you've been shown up. If you close your eyes andstick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" loudly you can blot out pretty much most things.

Voters in Glasgow North East would vote Labour regardless of the MP and a similar pattern can be found in vast swathes of the country.

I genuinely feel that this is changing. Scottish Labour's sycophancy towards their London "owners" has alienated quite a lot of "die hard" Labour voters.

When a party that is meant to represent the people of Scotland is more determined to assist those in the echelons of power in London even to the detriment of the Scots they will suffer at the ballot box. Whether it's the repugnant Lamont with her assertions that Scots are not clever enough to understand political debate or Jim Hood openly deriding the very people who elected him, Labour have gambled "all in" on the Union because it has to and the Scottish public will not forgive them easily for such treachery and belittlement.

A staggering edit, I'm confident you won't reply to the points in my post though because you've been shown up. If you close your eyes andstick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" loudly you can blot out pretty much most things.

What point did you make? Will Labour change the system? Or will the Tories?

What point did you make? Will Labour change the system? Or will the Tories?

I can't make it much clearer, you were lashing out at both Westminster and Labour claiming self interest when the article you were using to support your argument clearly states it was done by Glasgow academics for the Electoral Reform Society which is made up of all political parties and those non-aligned to parties. I suggested you were paranoid, you didn't appreciate it and started prevaricating.

Basically you were nabbed stinking.

Glasgow academics for the Electoral Reform Society which is made up of all political parties and those non-aligned to parties.

The group made advice. Westminster have ignored it. Why do you think so?

Edited by HaikuHibee

The group made advice. Westminster have ignored it. Why do you think so?

Thats not what it said. Again...

The report concluded: "Such a step would require politicians in larger parties to be willing to help those in smaller ones, and perhaps that will still seem like a step too far."

It doesn't mention either Westminster or the Labour Party so I accused you of being paranoid. I'm pretty sure we've covered this already. Now I'm just awaiting your but....but....but....

Give it up.

3rd poll within one week with an increase in support for No.

No 45% (+4) Yes 32% (0) Don't Know 23% (-4)

Saw some people on twitter quoting the same figures but couldn't find where they where getting the I do from. Got a link to the poll?

All boding well for No though.

I'm finding it bizarre how confident Yes folk still seem to be. On twitter/Facebook Yes supporters sound just as confident as No voters, seems utterly bizarre considering just how far behind Yes are in the polls.

Because being defeatist is going to win votes? Even if Yes is destined to loose it wants to loose by as small a margin as possible. Nobody is going to give up on the Yes side.

Edited by Enigma

Because being defeatist is going to win votes? Even if Yes is destined to loose it wants to loose by as small a margin as possible. Nobody is going to give up on the Yes side.

The Kool Aid Krew are on top form right now - the meltdown on 19th September is going to be a joy to behold.

I'm finding it bizarre how confident Yes folk still seem to be. On twitter/Facebook Yes supporters sound just as confident as No voters, seems utterly bizarre considering just how far behind Yes are in the polls.

Let's just say that THE BRUCE inspires me.

Great odds.