Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I'm finding it bizarre how confident Yes folk still seem to be. On twitter/Facebook Yes supporters sound just as confident as No voters, seems utterly bizarre considering just how far behind Yes are in the polls.

What is it that makes you so confident NO will win?

Because being defeatist is going to win votes? Even if Yes is destined to loose it wants to loose by as small a margin as possible. Nobody is going to give up on the Yes side.

I'm not saying that they should give up, but the frequency with which they state their confidence that they will win seems over the top. I don't recall a losing side going into an election so confident before, particularly one losing so badly.

The polls.

YES supporters are so confident because of what they are seeing and hearing.

I was surprised tonight in Troon, the blue rinsers gave auld leftie Sillars a far bigger round of applause than the other 2 received, actually had a wee tear in my eye at one point, something pleasing is happening out there.

Edited by ayrmad

YES supporters are so confident because of what they are seeing and hearing.

I'm not confident not at all, but I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion like some NO voters do, like I said in the other thread a lot of people are still to be won over to either side, a lot of undecideds out there.

I'm not confident not at all, but I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion like some NO voters do, like I said in the other thread a lot of people are still to be won over to either side, a lot of undecideds out there.

I'm as confident as I've always been, how can NO canvassers win anyone over, they won't speak to you if you question them, the YES canvassers want to be questioned.

Any reason why TNS consistently has a higher number of DKs than other pollsters?

I believe that anyone who isn't 10/10 certain to vote and 10/10 knows their side is counted as a DK, might be wrong though.

Aren't TNS polls done face to face as well? That might be a factor.

Always reliable, especially on previous independence referendums.... Wait.. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1407888283.043979.jpg

What you have posted isn't from an independence referendum. This is a two horse race, the polls will not change anywhere near they much between now and the vote. This campaign has been dragging on for years and there hasn't been any significant shift towards Yes, and there is no reason to believe there suddenly will be one.

I'm not saying the vote is won, of course it isn't, but at this stage No have a lot more reason to be confident than Yes do.

What you have posted isn't from an independence referendum. This is a two horse race, the polls will not change anywhere near they much between now and the vote. This campaign has been dragging on for years and there hasn't been any significant shift towards Yes, and there is no reason to believe there suddenly will be one.

I'm not saying the vote is won, of course it isn't, but at this stage No have a lot more reason to be confident than Yes do.

I'm genuinely curious about your Labour-esque vision for the future of Scotland here. Why should I vote no and then vote Labour?

Have you read your posts?

Yes I have. I have a healthy level of self awareness, thanks. I'm aware of my own shortcomings and am perfectly OK with the fact that some people on here find my approach, or me in generally, well, "cunty".

However, No voters have acted with absolutely zero decorum or dignity this past couple of weeks. And yes, I daresay Yes supporters would gloat a little if we showed a healthy lead in the polls, but having seen who represents Yes and No on here, I have no doubt in saying that No voters, as their voting intentions show, are shallow, selfish, pompous arseholes.

Hope that clarifies things a little.

Q: Say you're still an undecided voter when you get to the polling station and you've been told that BT are running away with it. Do you think that would make them more likely to lose the fear of voting Yes or are they more likely to just follow the crowd so to speak?

Or are more folk actually going to say to themselves "wait, grow a pair" when that all important moment comes to ticking the box?

Eta: When's Div going to give us our yes/no/undecided 'WC Team' equivalent for our profiles? :rolleyes:

Edited by Hedgecutter

That was my point. This is the first independence referendum they've ever been producing polls for. If they can't even get your big standard election right then how can they or anyone call this?

I'm not confident of a YES, but there's no fucking way I'm letting myself get down over some polls published.

I couldn't be any more undecided on which way I think it'll go, I always see signs of encouragement for YES and then the next day they'll be shot down by some looney saying they're voting NO cause Scotland is to small to be independent.

Not a fucking scooby, could be a landslide NO and could be a big YES.

Depends what happens on the day, I wonder just how many retards won't realise they've not registered to vote aswell? Will they say what the total number electorate will be before we go to the polling stations?