Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

My experience is just that mine. I didn't say it held true over all, only in that every discussion I've ever been involved in degenerates to a slagging match.

Sometimes those responses fall into arguments and slagging, more often it doesn't.

Good point well made

Wow, we've had different experiences. Who'd have thought it. As for that, why would I bother lying? I've no interest in it. I've been discussing independence since I was old enough to vote, it's a subject that inflames passionate responses from both sides. Sometimes those responses fall into arguments and slagging, more often it doesn't. Just because you've had little to no negative experiences during your discussions doesn't mean that everyone has.

I clearly stated that there were idiots on both sides.

You however, sought to portray the no side as victims????

Happy to point out the inaccuracy.

Good point well made

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I'd edited that first post to say "recently most have". I missed it.

Pat yourself on the back and feel the glow of righteousness for spotting an inconsistency in what I have been saying. It doesn't change anything. I'm still voting Yes.

I clearly stated that there were idiots on both sides.

You however, sought to portray the no side as victims????

Happy to point out the inaccuracy.

That wasn't a reply to you. I am well aware of the attacks on Yes campaigners.

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I'd edited that first post to say "recently most have". I missed it.

Pat yourself on the back and feel the glow of righteousness for spotting an inconsistency in what I have been saying. It doesn't change anything. I'm still voting Yes.

A yes voter who has had 'people get in my face more often who are Yes voters than those who are No supporters'

What are you saying that makes them get in your face? I don't know anyone who has been subjected to such aggression apart from some campaigners, but none from their own side.

Wow, we've had different experiences. Who'd have thought it. As for that, why would I bother lying? I've no interest in it. I've been discussing independence since I was old enough to vote, it's a subject that inflames passionate responses from both sides. Sometimes those responses fall into arguments and slagging, more often it doesn't. Just because you've had little to no negative experiences during your discussions doesn't mean that everyone has.

Maybe you're an argumentative so and so? :whistle

Interesting couple of polls. According to YouGov the No vote has plummeted 16 odd points in a fortnight, while Panelbase showed a modest boost for Yes post after the second debate and then showed a NC in the relative gap in this poll. I think it comes down to the relative composition of both panels. Originally, Panelbase was always the kindest pollster to yes, and Peter Kellner did like to point out that the PB panel was 'nat heavy' - Given the fact that most 2011 SNP voters were already Yes, and that the Yes campaign has been all about getting converts from the other groups, it means that PB polls tend to show good base results for Yes, but tend to require huge shifts in other groups to translate into a shift in the headline figures, i.e. they are possibly under sensitive to shifts to Yes. You can observe that in the last big shift to Yes post currency-gate when the likes of ICM, TNS and Survation all recorded dramatic shifts to Yes, but PB's shift was modest at best. Since then, they've modified their methodology to spit weighting between 2011 and 2014 Euros, which has the effect of slightly downgrading both SNP AND Labour, making it quite hard, I think, for them to see relative shifts in the polls.

YouGov, on the other hand maybe overly sensitive to shifts from the Labour group. Kellner's panels were always a bit Labour heavy, and the dreaded Kellner correction was designed to root out shy Nos by splitting the 2011 Nat vote into 2010/2011 Nat/Nats and 2010/2011 Lab/Nats, the latter group is then upweighted quite dramamtically. The early effect of this was to surpress the Yes vote due to that group of 'passing nats' being mostly nos at the time (it also had the effect of mutliplying a large statistical uncertainty into those figures). Now that Yes is making inroads into the lapsed Labour voters, that group is movign to Yes and ironically the Kellner correction is having the effect of amplifying the effect.

So we have two polls, from one pollster who's methodology makes it hard to see any shift to Yes and the other who's massively sensitive to it. The two show a yes vote between 48-51 percent. Both are statistical ties. I tend to think the truth is somewhere between the two, and that's before factoring my concern that BPC pollsters all based on prior vote methodologies will struggle to pick up all those lapsed or first time voters.

A yes voter who has had 'people get in my face more often who are Yes voters than those who are No supporters'

What are you saying that makes them get in your face? I don't know anyone who has been subjected to such aggression apart from some campaigners, but none from their own side.

Despite living in Scotland for 28 years of my life I have an English accent so people assume a lot. Although I'm voting yes I'm very skeptical about a lot of what is getting said by both sides of the argument. I don't immediately call those on the no side Fuds. I question everything wether the Yes side or the No side, I don't blindly agree or disagree on the majority of things.

Speaking to one of my friends today whom I believed was the staunchest of staunch 'No' voters. Up until today he said he was definitely voting 'No', until this morning when he seen George Osborne on the Andrew Marr show. He couldn't believe the frantic panic displayed from Osborne and that they are only now planning on offering us more powers - purely because they're so scared to lose us.

He's now undecided, but possibly a soft yes as it's finally wakened him up and letting him do his own research instead of believing all the BetterTogether nonsense without just accepting it as fact. So on a poll of just 1, this has backfired for Westminster.

Despite living in Scotland for 28 years of my life I have an English accent so people assume a lot. Although I'm voting yes I'm very skeptical about a lot of what is getting said by both sides of the argument. I don't immediately call those on the no side Fuds. I question everything wether the Yes side or the No side, I don't blindly agree or disagree on the majority of things.

Neither do I, still don't get anyone in my face. Still, good luck with having an English accent in Scotland, sounds like it can be dangerous Edited by MarkoRaj

Speaking to one of my friends today whom I believed was the staunchest of staunch 'No' voters. Up until today he said he was definitely voting 'No', until this morning when he seen George Osborne on the Andrew Marr show. He couldn't believe the frantic panic displayed from Osborne and that they are only now planning on offering us more powers - purely because they're so scared to lose us.

He's now undecided, but possibly a soft yes as it's finally wakened him up and letting him do his own research instead of believing all the BetterTogether nonsense without just accepting it as fact. So on a poll of just 1, this has backfired for Westminster.

I'd have loved Andrew Marr to be a bit more forceful on this issue.

I really like the history stuff he's done in the last few years - and the Hugh McIlvanney documentary he did last week as VG (the bits tat I saw anyway). He's not a pushy interviewer and very much lets the politicians say what they want to say- without too much argument.

I was more angry at Alan Johnson's wee bit (well what he stole from Will Hutton anyway) than Gideon. I can't take the Chancellor seriously.

Bw6XBIwCQAAvS8L.jpg

Remember the times when Ukip were too emabarrasing for the 'nice' Unionist parties in BT? Here's David Coburn rubbing shoulders with FDanny Alexander yesterday at a BT stall. Also we hear that Cameron is making plans to share power with Ukip in the event of a hung parliament.

See them Yes votes stacking up.