Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Why are you only concentrating on a SNP poll? We have all seen the tricks other parties get up to with commissioned polls.

Adlib's entire operating procedure is to completely deconstruct the Independence argument whilst claiming that he is voting YES. He justifies this by claiming that an Indy Scotland will be very different from the vision that most YES supporters have and that suits his right wing ideals and thinking just fine. He will never engage in a debate with a unionist about the merits of Indy nor ever criticise a unionist perspective, perception, politician, theory, scare story or opinion in any way whatsoever.

Adlib's entire operating procedure is to completely deconstruct the Independence argument whilst claiming that he is voting YES. He justifies this by claiming that an Indy Scotland will be very different from the vision that most YES supporters have and that suits his right wing ideals and thinking just fine. He will never engage in a debate with a unionist about the merits of Indy nor ever criticise a unionist perspective, perception, politician, theory, scare story or opinion in any way whatsoever.

Yes it's funny that isn't it.

You'd think he'd rebuff the odd scare story, or disagree with the occasional unionist poster.

But nope.

Why are you only concentrating on a SNP poll? We have all seen the tricks other parties get up to with commissioned polls.

I'm not "only concentrating" on it. I'm pointing out that you deploy double standards by defending to the hilt polls of questionable validity which favour the Yes campaign while slating relentlessly polls of questionable validity favouring the No campaign. You are a hypocrite.

In fairness, Ad Lib is a Liberal Democrat, which means that he's honour-bound to profess to supporting all sorts of nice things while engaging in the most unctuous toadying of those with diametrically opposite values.

I have engaged with Unionists on the merits of independence on countless occasions. I have discredited several untrue claims made by the No campaign. I have criticised many Unionist politicians, particularly those within the Labour Party. My reasons for voting Yes diametrically oppose the theories of Unionists about the British state's capacity for further constitutional reform. You are, quite simply, lying.

Yes it's funny that isn't it.

You'd think he'd rebuff the odd scare story, or disagree with the occasional unionist poster.

But nope.

This is hilarious. I disagreed with a prominent Unionist poster literally yesterday. I disagreed with H_B's characterisation of the majority of Scots voting for parties other than the SNP as being votes "against" the SNP.

In fairness, Ad Lib is a Liberal Democrat, which means that he's honour-bound to profess to supporting all sorts of nice things while engaging in the most unctuous toadying of those with diametrically opposite values.

Yes I kinda understand that, however he has (claimed to have) firmly picked a side in the Indy debate. He then, as you put it, toady's up to the opposite viewpoint, defends it staunchly and never ever; not once, attacks it.

I have engaged with Unionists on the merits of independence on countless occasions. I have discredited several untrue claims made by the No campaign. I have criticised many Unionist politicians, particularly those within the Labour Party. My reasons for voting Yes diametrically oppose the theories of Unionists about the British state's capacity for further constitutional reform. You are, quite simply, lying.

This is hilarious. I disagreed with a prominent Unionist poster literally yesterday. I disagreed with H_B's characterisation of the majority of Scots voting for parties other than the SNP as being votes "against" the SNP.

Yeah, I liked that one. :thumsup2

I disagreed with a prominent Unionist poster literally yesterday. I disagreed with H_B's characterisation of the majority of Scots voting for parties other than the SNP as being votes "against" the SNP.

This is hilarious. This is being presented as some kind of evidence that he engages in debates with unionists. Yeah sure, he disagreed with one of the less bright ones. But not actually about anything to do with the Independence debate.

Edited by Burma

O really?

Who was the prominent unionist poster you disagreed with and what was the disagreement about?

You actually disagreed with HB also? Holy shitfuck. Link please.

Yes I kinda understand that, however he has (claimed to have) firmly picked a side in the Indy debate. He then, as you put it, toady's up to the opposite viewpoint, defends it staunchly and never ever; not once, attacks it.

This is simply untrue. I have attacked the No side on a number of issues. They were wrong on the credit rating, wrong on embassies, wrong on the real impact of pensions, and uncredible on the delivery of further devolution.

I'm not "only concentrating" on it. I'm pointing out that you deploy double standards by defending to the hilt polls of questionable validity which favour the Yes campaign while slating relentlessly polls of questionable validity favouring the No campaign. You are a hypocrite.

What polls have you questioned in the past that were favourable to the No side? Not saying you didn't but can you clarify?

Thats one. The question was polls. Plural.

From memory, pretty much all other polls have been legitimate. Any criticism I have levelled outside of the SNP commissioned poll has been with reference to the misrepresentation of results by other posters rather than of the validity of individual polls whether favourable to Yes or No.

Colkitto has form, for instance, for doing things like taking a poll from one organisation and comparing it to one by another to suggest "momentum".

If you want me to point out other polls I have criticised, however, I have criticised Panelbase historically for their sampling method (since changed) and taken the view that they previously showed the sides to be closer than they actually are, whilst saying of YouGov that their margins were almost certainly larger than in reality. I would say that most of the polls have it about right at the moment: the gap is narrowing and is within 10%, possibly as low as 3-5% excluding the don't knows.