Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Someone should really explain to Mr McDougal that being a foreigner doesn't preclude you from being a friend to most people. Or a member of the same family, for that matter.

They don't seem to understand this point and they always paint "Foreigners" as something that is bad.

No. That's more bullshit.

And, there is huge pressure to convert those loans into commercial loan repayment rates because so few people repay completely.

You need to get your facts and your figures in the correct ballpark at the very LEAST before you start spouting off.

You made a bullshit statement before and I've "held you to account" on it and now you're trying to deflect.

There is absolutely zero prospect that student loans accrued under the scheme introduced by the Coalition will be subject to commercial terms of repayment.

There is absolutely zero prospect that student loans accrued under the scheme introduced by the Coalition will be subject to commercial terms of repayment.

How do you know there is zero prospect?

Just caught up with the This Week programme. Andrew Neil asked all the guests what they thought the outcome of the referendum would be?

Abbot and Portillo were sitting on the fence with a "too close to call" reply. Kennedy said it would be a No win but only just.

Strangest reply was from Hosie who said Yes would win by a bigger majority than what many believed. Which I thought was strange and something he didn't really need to say.

He could have made a similar comment to Kennedy and changed it to Yes winning narrowly, but he didn't.

Over confident or does he know something?

nothing wrong with talking up your chances, but this I suspect is more in hope than expectation

nothing wrong with talking up your chances, but this I suspect is more in hope than expectation

It certainly didn't come across as hope to me.

I quite like Annoni's new shtick that anything less than a 20 point defeat is actually a win.

Its going to be the way the Nats spin the defeat. So you might as well give it a run out early.

Its like the Ramsdens Cup of excuses

Edited by H_B

I quite like Annoni's new shtick that anything less than a 20 point defeat is actually a win.

Its going to be the way the Nats spin the defeat. So you might as well give it a run out early.

there is no doubt they will play the "moral victory" card in defeat

Intimidation.jpg

no it wouldn't, so see what happens in September

I can't wait for September, we'll see 5 and 10% swings in polls and everyone will have shots at ecstasy and misery before the big day.

there is no doubt they will play the "moral victory" card in defeat

Not me, losing 20% or +1 Vote is the same thing to me, criticism/adulation of Salmond & Co is the only thing that hinges on the result for me.

Prove it.

It would be unlawful as being disproportionate, unilateral, retrospective and punitive changes to contractual terms. The government has shown absolutely zero inclination to do this and has not done this with any previous loans. If and when bits of the student loan log-book have been sold off, they've always been sold off with the repayment terms protected.

The only thing that has occasionally been allowed to be changed was the rate of interest, which the governments had always reserved the right to change themselves anyway under the default terms of the student loan system. And if you have even a basic understanding of how the new system works, you'd know that the rate of interest charged on the debt is virtually irrelevant for all but the highest of earners, so the commercial element won't actually harm anyone.

Am I correct in thinking that polling from the day or two before the 2011 election was predicting an snp majority or was that the exit polling?

I seem to recall some discussion on the day that it was possible but was dismissed as fanciful.

The SNP were in the lead, in the constituency polling at least, in some polls as early as 28th March (YouGov) and were on track for a comfortable win in both constituency and list polling by 9th April.

In the final fortnight of polling they consistently had a lead of more than 10 points in both the constituency and list polling, with some giving them as high as 15-18. They ended up with a 17 point victory.

The pollsters were not, as the Nats on here like to pretend, "caught out" by this. They tracked a big swing that actually happened as Labour's campaign capitulated. The overwhelming majority of that swing happened between 2 and 4 weeks of polling day and not last minute.

Well for a start i'm not a Nat.

It's obviously not a defeat, i didn't say it would be, but if no win by a narrow margin and i believe anything under the 60% mark is narrow is still a bad reflection on the union.

I suspected you're just looking for an argument for the attention you desperately crave on here

Well for a start i'm not a Nat.

It's obviously not a defeat, i didn't say it would be, but if no win by a narrow margin and i believe anything under the 60% mark is narrow is still a bad reflection on the union.

I suspected you're just looking for an argument for the attention you desperately crave on here.

You seem more than happy to give him it, even when you probably shouldn't. Plenty of others are now deciding to ignore. There's a reason for that.