Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

It will be a combination of tear stained rants and claims that 46% feels like a win.

The forum has reached an impasse now. Everyone knows the final result. Its just a case of going through the motions.

The claims of uber-Scottishism the ethnic nat types are trying to ring fence for themselves is highly amusing

As is reading your drivel!!!!

I mean that post there, wtf is that??? You sound like an absolute dafty trying to sound smart! :lol:

I'll be expecting the Separatists on here to at least spare 5 minutes on the day of the No vote to congratulate the Unionists on their win.

After all, they've dedicated thousands of posts on here to arguing with No supporters so if they want to retain a crumb of credibility it's the correct thing do.

If Yes does get a surprise win I will do the honourary thing and congratulate the Yes supporters. Of course I will.

You're on here every day.

Why wouldn't you be after the 19th?

People are debating it just now. It's totally different.

Why would I come on here to read all the NO voters giving it a big GIRUY to me and other YES folk? :lol: Why would I do that? Why would anyone do that?

People are debating it just now. It's totally different.

Why would I come on here to read all the NO voters giving it a big GIRUY to me and other YES folk? :lol: Why would I do that? Why would anyone do that?

If yes wins (:lol:) I'll be on here. It's called being gracious in defeat :)

I think I'll go for the 'No should have won by more' line on the 19th. Equivalent of Celtic beating Stenhousemuir in a scrappy 1-0 affair etc. The print and televised media played into their hands for however many months and referendum naturally more likely to produces the 'no-change' option stuff.

I think I'll go for the 'No should have won by more' line on the 19th. Equivalent of Celtic beating Stenhousemuir in a scrappy 1-0 affair etc. The print and televised media played into their hands for however many months and referendum naturally more likely to produces the 'no-change' option stuff.

As I said a couple of months ago this line is already getting a run out in advance.

Kindof like playing 3 at the back in a pre season friendly. See if it flies.

After the defeat Yes posters will claim they never really thought they had a chance and were just trying to keep the margin close.

Edited by H_B

After the defeat Yes posters will claim they never really thought they had a chance and were just trying to keep the margin close.

My post was slightly tongue in cheek. In reality I for one won't do or think the above. Even a 49-51 loss is not the result I was hoping for/yes was aiming for. Yes have always wanted to win this, even if you've always thought they can't. I won't see any kind of defeat as 'sort of a win'. A bawhair defeat may facilitate another referendum sooner than a 60-40 maybe not. It's still a loss, a defeat, a bronze medal in the diving etc. It's not in any way a positive thing for a yes voter.

There'll be no breakdowns from me either, my daily life will go on in the union or after independence without much chance. It will probably feel like a Raith Rovers relegation, a bit of a kick in the stones, no more. I'll have spend a season watching it unfold and my side lost, but I'll get over it with a sign and a wee grumble, I'm not going to loose the bap over it, like some no doubt will. I wonder if xbl has his procured his Kalashnikov and beret for the armed struggle?

Edited by Enigma

My post was slightly tongue in cheek. In reality I for one won't do or think the above. Even a 49-51 loss is not the result I was hoping for/yes was aiming for. Yes have always wanted to win this, even if you've always thought they can't. I won't see any kind of defeat as 'sort of a win'. A bawhair defeat may facilitate another referendum sooner than a 60-40 maybe not. It's still a loss, a defeat, a bronze medal in the diving etc. It's not in any way a positive thing for a yes voter.

There'll be no breakdowns from me either, my daily life will go on in the union or after independence without much chance. It will probably feel like a Raith Rovers relegation, a bit of a kick in the stones, I've spend a season watching it unfold and my side lost but I'll get over it with a sign and a wee grumble.

Which is the mature response and the one most of us have.

The bottom line is not much will change at all, Yes or No.

Its a pretty much neutral ending in terms of the effect on ordinary peoples lives.

An indy Scotland will face the same problems we have just now and will deal with them in the same way.

It won't be a disaster at all. Neither will it be anything of a panacea.

Most sensible people know this.

In terms of parallel universes I'd actually quite like there to be two where there is a No and Yes.

Come back in 50 years and see how strikingly similar the lives of people are in both.

There should be a prediction thread about who will have the first major breakdown on here after the referendum, everyone picks who they think it will be in the case of a no vote and who they think it will be in the case of a yes vote.

What ever happened to that XBL chap? I seem to recall he was fond of the occasional rant, though I don't recall seeing his posts lately.

There should be a prediction thread about who will have the first major breakdown on here after the referendum, everyone picks who they think it will be in the case of a no vote and who they think it will be in the case of a yes vote.

What ever happened to that XBL chap? I seem to recall he was fond of the occasional rant, though I don't recall seeing his posts lately.

Apparently he still exists on Twitter somewhere.

He left after a tear stained breakdown. But isn't banned as far as anyone knows.

It says a lot about the standard of the Parp and Confidemus types that they are sub-xbl replacements.

Harsh and seemingly unlikely st the time of his departure and yet true

He was banned along with Swampy a few months ago. They couldn't let it rest that DeeGas hadn't been banned for one reason or another and decided on having rant after rant about the site's mods. They were told repeatedly to shut the f**k up, didn't, and were banned. It was so fucking dumb, their bannings were completely of their own making.

He was banned along with Swampy a few months ago. They couldn't let it rest that DeeGas hadn't been banned for one reason or another and decided on having rant after rant about the site's mods. They were told repeatedly to shut the f**k up, didn't, and were banned. It was so fucking dumb, their bannings were completely of their own making.

Apparently he still exists on Twitter somewhere.

He left after a tear stained breakdown. But isn't banned as far as anyone knows.

It says a lot about the standard of the Parp and Confidemus types that they are sub-xbl replacements.

Harsh and seemingly unlikely st the time of his departure and yet true

Oh well, that's my number one prediction gone then.

Nah I'm certain they weren't banned.

Its a self imposed exile from both.

Oh well, that's my number one prediction gone then.

I'll go for Colkitto.

Not necessarily the most rage filled but the most amusing in a conspiracy theory... Voter fraud suggesting .. Jeb Bush in Florida type way.

It is going to be very funny for maybe a day or two.

I particularly like the 'if you vote No this means you can never again criticise Westminster line'.

Its very funny.

Nah I'm certain they weren't banned.

Its a self imposed exile from both.

Hmm. I don't think it was ever confined or denied. I thought they were banned for a week (along with VT), came back guns blazing, and were then perma-banned sharpish.

Edited by Enigma

I'll go for Colkitto.

Not necessarily the most rage filled but the most amusing in a conspiracy theory... Voter fraud suggesting .. Jeb Bush in Florida type way.

It is going to be very funny for maybe a day or two.

I particularly like the 'if you vote No this means you can never again criticise Westminster line'.

Its very funny.

It's just a pity you won't see that come to fruition.

Despite huge media backing the No vote is still not out of sight. Realistically they should be high 60's or 70's with that kind of backing.

But they're not, and with the last 6 weeks coming up they will haemorrhage votes to the Yes side. Bookmark this page for reference on 19th September

No one, but no one with any sense can claim the No vote will win right now.

Strange these people who claim No can't lose because all I see from the No camp is hiding polls, panic, rebranding, names changing...etc

And from the Yes side looking very relaxed, no panic, keeping to the same mantra from start to finish.

So excited now that at last I'm going to see my dream come true!