Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Or rather more bizarrely, when things quite clearly were going very very badly.

That's been the amusing aspect of this. Not that No are winning and are going to win, but the strange Comical Ali pretence that the tanks weren't massing on the front lawn and everything was aces!

You do know that you saying 'No will win' doesn't make you look like some sort of mythical soothsayer.

Its a bit like being all smug whilst predicting that Celtic or Rangers will win their respective leagues.

Politics is a funny old game - and there have been plenty of shock results throughout history. Of course No look odds on to win the referendum - and have done pretty much since it started - but no Yes voter is going to give up campaigning. Weird shit happens sometimes.

I just don't get why they are declaring victory with five and a half weeks to go until the vote. There is nothing to gain from doing that. They are just going to look foolish if it is a Yes vote.

Of course opinion can change but, as it stands, opportunities to do so are fast running out for the Yes campaign.

Salmond blew a major opportunity last week to close the gap - even the most fervent of independence supporters know that deep down.

I just don't get why they are declaring victory with five and a half weeks to go until the vote. There is nothing to gain from doing that. They are just going to look foolish if it is a Yes vote.

Really? It's because "we iz gonna win, nats are mad lololololol" is the full extent of their argument. Always has been.

I happen to agree that No will win this but I'm still willing to put forward why I think Yes is the way to go. Apart from the too wee, too poor argument - which can't feel too good - they need some sort of purpose and something to talk about.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Well its nice to see a load of No voters treating this like a football match - and acting like total knobs.

Back in the day I shared a flat with a Rangers fan who used to 'follow' the Tories simply because he was a Norn Irish unionist. He would 'celebrate' a rousing performance from William Hague (or whoever the f**k it was at the time) at PMQs as if it was an Old Firm victory. It was pathetic.

As is this (and before the whataboutery is thrown in my face - there are indeed plenty of Yes voters who did (and would do again) the same when things were going their way).

So basically, both sides have fuds then ? I don't think this will come as a shock to anyone.

You do know that you saying 'No will win' doesn't make you look like some sort of mythical soothsayer.

Its a bit like being all smug whilst predicting that Celtic or Rangers will win their respective leagues.

Uh yeah. That's the point.

Yet for some bizarre reason there are a host of Yes voters saying "nuhuh... Yes will win". Would be like the Premiership board being full of people saying "Well, I think St Johnstone will win the league. You Celtic supporters disputing this are going to look very silly next May. I beeeleeeve".

Uh yeah. That's the point.

Yet for some bizarre reason there are a host of Yes voters saying "nuhuh... Yes will win". Would be like the Premiership board being full of people saying "Well, I think St Johnstone will win the league. You Celtic supporters disputing this are going to look very silly next May. I beeeleeeve".

So because daft folk say one thing - you have to do the same?

It just makes you come across as a p***k to everyone - even the more sensible posters. If that's the purpose (it may well be) then carry on. But you lose credibility - and no one will congratulate you on your stellar prediction if the vote does go as expected.

Well its nice to see a load of No voters treating this like a football match - and acting like total knobs.

Back in the day I shared a flat with a Rangers fan who used to 'follow' the Tories simply because he was a Norn Irish unionist. He would 'celebrate' a rousing performance from William Hague (or whoever the f**k it was at the time) at PMQs as if it was an Old Firm victory. It was pathetic.

As is this (and before the whataboutery is thrown in my face - there are indeed plenty of Yes voters who did (and would do again) the same when things were going their way).

Anyone suggesting that it is over is getting ahead of themselves.

There is always something that could come in from leftfield.

What if Darling fluffs his lines in debate #2 and the FM pulverises him ? What if someone produced a recording of Cameron and Osbourne at a party years ago moaning about "Bloody Jocks"?

It aint over til 19/9/14

That said, Yes supporters (not yourself, I concede) who chuck around terms for No Voters like Britnats, the BCC, Nawbags, Quislings, Shitebags, Cowards and the like can't reasonably complain about the tone of the debate, even if two wrongs don't make a right.

It just makes you come across as a p***k to everyone - even the more sensible posters. If that's the purpose (it may well be) then carry on. But you lose credibility - and no one will congratulate you on your stellar prediction if the vote does go as expected.

Everyone likes being right - it's human nature.

Anyone suggesting that it is over is getting ahead of themselves.

There is always something that could come in from leftfield.

What if Darling fluffs his lines in debate #2 and the FM pulverises him ? What if someone produced a recording of Cameron and Osbourne at a party years ago moaning about "Bloody Jocks"?

It aint over til 19/9/14

That said, Yes supporters (not yourself, I concede) who chuck around terms for No Voters like Britnats, the BCC, Nawbags, Quislings, Shitebags, Cowards and the like can't reasonably complain about the tone of the debate, even if two wrongs don't make a right.

Agreed.

But its very irritating nonetheless.

Why are people looking so much into polls? :lol:

Especially when this is such a unique vote? How can anyone call this? A vote on independence for the 1st time in 307 years and because polls published by YouGov and the likes are saying YES have no chance people are taking it as gospel? <_<:lol:

Calm the f**k down, I dont think YES will win however the overall concensus from people I know/see/speak to is that YES voters are the majority, maybe thats because im in Dundee though... im not stupid enough to think that other peoples circles will be the same.

Nobody, nobody can call the outcome of this properly, we will just have to wait and see what happens on the 18th, ill continues to try and win as many people over as I can though. 8)

What do you mean "do the same"? I've said since Day One that No couldn't lose this referendum. It's never been about winning and losing, but the scale of the defeat.

This has, embarrassingly, been news to many.

What do you mean "do the same"? I've said since Day One that No couldn't lose this referendum. It's never been about winning and losing, but the scale of the defeat.

This has, embarrassingly, been news to many.

That's simply not true though. You are making a prediction - and not a bold one.

Why are people looking so much into polls? :lol:

Especially when this is such a unique vote? How can anyone call this? A vote on independence for the 1st time in 307 years and because polls published by YouGov and the likes are saying YES have no chance people are taking it as gospel? <_<:lol:

Calm the f**k down, I dont think YES will win however the overall concensus from people I know/see/speak to is that YES voters are the majority, maybe thats because im in Dundee though... im not stupid enough to think that other peoples circles will be the same.

Nobody, nobody can call the outcome of this properly, we will just have to wait and see what happens on the 18th, ill continues to try and win as many people over as I can though. 8)

Traditionally the polls give a good indication, they're not always 100 % of course but the majority of polls are all saying pretty much the same thing here. I can't help but think that if the percentages were reversed there would be plenty YES folk just as pleased as a lot of the NAW ones are. As has been said though, stranger things happen at sea and nobody should be counting their chickens just yet.

That's simply not true though. You are making a prediction - and not a bold one.

No it is true. There's never been the slightest doubt who was going to win the referendum.

Momentum changes by it's very nature, Grandad.

How typical of gutless No voters such as yourself and Half_Brick that when it isn't going so well, you're nowhere to be seen, but when you feel it's going your way, you're all over this forum like a scheme goblin at Domino's pizza.

Annoying isn't it? 8)

Just for your information, it's never NOT been going well. But the forum itself was getting a bit samey plus I've not been partaking of much football so why bother infesting a football forum? But I'll be off and on here much to your chagrin. And I've been here since the day it opened and come and gone as I pleased, which I'll continue to do at my whim.