Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I see the odds for Yes have gone up again from the couple of bookies that I checked. It was 7/4 yesterday for Yes.

Paddy Power now 9/4. SkyBet are 2/1.

A couple of big bets on No from down south again? Or a reaction to the desperate pleas from WM of "Please stay...pwetty pwease"

and a No Vote still 4/11 with Billy Hills, despite all the noise over the weekend!

The next poll to be published is the TRS poll - it's done through face-to-face and phone interviewing rather than online panels.

Apparently it's coming out tonight.

Forgive my ignorance but does anyone know if this is the same one that Ewen MacAskill is saying is good for Yes?

Forgive my ignorance but does anyone know if this is the same one that Ewen MacAskill is saying is good for Yes?

It's TNS and yes, though 'good for yes' doesn't necessarily mean 'ahead' it could just be confirming the YouGov trend, not replicating it's result.

Seems Legit!

https://twitter.com/ewenmacaskill/status/509008349669888000

Bad news for no campaign in Scottish referendum. YouGov poll not a blip. Next batch of polling expected to confirm shift to independence.

post-23243-0-67583700-1410192784.jpg

It's TNS and yes, though 'good for yes' doesn't necessarily mean 'ahead' it could just be confirming the YouGov trend, not replicating it's result.

Last TNS poll had Yes - 32 No - 45 Don't Know - 23

Ta. Yeah wasn't taking the thing about good news for Yes to mean it would be ahead in this one.

If its pretty close from 43, I'll be pleased - even if No is ahead.

Blair McDougall has spent the last 2 years deriding Panelbase polls as an SNP front. Now all of a sudden he can't stop talking about them....

And Blair Jenkins has spent the last 2 years deriding YouGov polls as a Labour front. Now all of a sudden he can't stop talking about them....

Politicians always go for the poll that's most favourable and deride those that are not.

I think once we get all the polls in we might have a truer picture.

That language to me suggests they're saying yes is actually ahead. Talking about a "shift to independence" when you're referring to a poll that has yes behind, straight after another poll puts it ahead, sounds quite unlikely I would've thought?

I know the shift might mean more people saying yes than before but still less than half, but at this rate I would've thought a poll that gives no any kind of lead at all won't be seen as bad news for the no campaign.

43.5 to over 50 would be some jump. I know Yougov had similar jumps but a) that kind of spike is incredible and b) YG were chasing their arse after their initial weighting began to look dodgy.

If it's up to 47/48ish I don't think BT will be too pleased (although they'll say they are).

43.5 to over 50 would be some jump. I know Yougov had similar jumps but a) that kind of spike is incredible and b) YG were chasing their arse after their initial weighting began to look dodgy.

If it's up to 47/48ish I don't think BT will be too pleased (although they'll say they are)

Apparently MSP Alasdair Allan has posted on his Facebook that TNS has Yes at 50% for tonight's poll.

It was actually handing Salmond his arse on a plate that Cameron did in Edinburgh.

I've never gone with the polls in telling Yes voters they were utterly deluded if they thought they could win this referendum.

Yes lost the referendum when Cameron handed Salmond his arse on a plate in Edinburgh. As I said at the time.

As he said at the time.