Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

On 06/10/2023 at 07:07, Suspect Device said:

No it wasn't. It was the expected result but Labour failed to inspire their core vote and the Tories helped them to a victory judging by the collapse in their vote.

A win for unionism. You'll be happy enough with that.

You're right there.  I'll well chuffed.

5 hours ago, Trogdor said:

What a depressing notion. Its also utter drivel there are about a dozen policy disasters that the SNP government instigated all by themselves. They could be doing better by simply not doing that. I think your view is incredibly cynical and really boils down to SNP good WM bad.

The reality is the SNP could be doing a much better job of governing under the constitution settlement. If they don't do a much better job then independence won't happen. The SNP's incompetence in government is undermining the movement. When will the reality of that situation sink in?

The only way the SNP will get Scots to want independence is, as Kate Forbes rightly said during her leadership campaign, by good governance.  That's definitely not happening under the continuity candidate.

Unless the polling and voting patterns change dramatically, for a sustained and lengthy period of time, and I'm talking years, then granting a 2nd referendum on partition would be ridiculous.

The whole notion of splitting up a country by striking while the iron is hot and Brexit is in the population's minds is really quite immoral.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

The whole notion of splitting up a country by striking while the iron is hot and Brexit is in the population's minds is really quite immoral.

I imagine many of us have been guilty of idiotic takes on issues in the pol section through a heat of the moment response, myself included, but by Jesus, this takes the cake - one part of the sentence alone would do it never mind three. 

8 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Which is why they can't. Do you honestly think Westminster would give a devolved parliament the capability of doing so much better than themselves? There's a reason why both the SNP and Labour have failed to significantly improve Scotland from Holyrood relative to Westminster. They can't. It's not set up to allow this to happen. Westminster will NEVER give Scotland any sort of edge that would improve the prospects of Scottish Independence. It's utterly incredible that there are still people living here who still haven't figured that one out yet. Incredible.

No, this is just the other side of the coin to Fatty Foulkes' 'the SNP are making things better on purpose', unhinged drivel.

Thank feck the coppers don't have any difficult crimes to investigate.  Over 2 years without dropping it or charging anyone is an absolute joke. Probably cost more now in wages, coffee and doughnuts than any money misappropriated.

23 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Thank feck the coppers don't have any difficult crimes to investigate.  Over 2 years without dropping it or charging anyone is an absolute joke. Probably cost more now in wages, coffee and doughnuts than any money misappropriated.

Be interesting to watch the Honours List...

a cute move by someone to tar the SNP..

5 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I imagine many of us have been guilty of idiotic takes on issues in the pol section through a heat of the moment response, myself included, but by Jesus, this takes the cake - one part of the sentence alone would do it never mind three. 

I've come across some strange diversionary tactics, but colour coding perfectly decipherable posts really is scraping the barrel.

Better luck next time.

22 hours ago, Johnny Martin said:

The only way the SNP will get Scots to want independence is, as Kate Forbes rightly said during her leadership campaign, by good governance.  That's definitely not happening under the continuity candidate.

Unless the polling and voting patterns change dramatically, for a sustained and lengthy period of time, and I'm talking years, then granting a 2nd referendum on partition would be ridiculous.

But happy with a partitioned Ireland  . . .

18 hours ago, superbigal said:

Pretty sure that two years is not an even remotely long period of time to investigate financial misconduct allegations. 

Lowest the SNP have polled with YouGov since 2014.

It’s a niche concern but Reform UK got 1.3% in Rutherglen and 0.2% in Airdrie. As far as I can see they didn’t stand in the local elections in 2022. They got 0.2% in the 2021 Scottish election.

Where do people get 2% from, let alone 4% in the previous poll?

29 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Lowest the SNP have polled with YouGov since 2014.

It’s a niche concern but Reform UK got 1.3% in Rutherglen and 0.2% in Airdrie. As far as I can see they didn’t stand in the local elections in 2022. They got 0.2% in the 2021 Scottish election.

People threatening to vote for these right wing protest parties will likely hold their nose and vote tactically for the most likely unionist candidate on the day. Similarly I don’t see the Greens getting anywhere near 5% as those suggesting they will vote for them will end up going SNP. 

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Maybe they're extrapolating from UK wide polling given a small sample in Scotland? Can't find any details on the poll.