Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

I see our right wing extremist lover is here!

Stop making things up. I have said many times I am centre/right.

If you want to name an extremist look at our FM.

19 minutes ago, Steelly said:

Great to see Reform doing  well.

They are not far right and definitely not racist. They are centre/right.

Racist is being thrown around a lot. 

Maybe take a look closer to home in Holyrood.

Screenshot-20240216-092556-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240216-092542-Chrome.jpg

Aye,cause the racists always say openly that they're racist.Reform are a bunch of far right screwballs.Its either delusion or dissonance which makes people believe such rubbish.

13 minutes ago, Steelly said:

Good edit. 😁  

Elon Musk ffs 🙈😂

You are utterly delusional if you think Musk is not a racist.

His family wealth was built on the racist exploitation of blacks to mine emeralds in South Africa. He's just continuing in the same vein as his father.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, Steelly said:

You read their manifesto?

And what is your opinion of our FM being racist?

Do explain how our FM is racist.And why would I spend time reading the manifesto of a far right party who will make no dent in Scottish politics?

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You are utterly delusional if you think Musk is not a racist.

His family wealth was built on the racist exploitation of blacks to mine emeralds in South Africa. He's just continuing in the same vein as hus father.

Where did I say that? 

I was laughing at been told I was a fan of his. I have no real opinion of the man. He is certainly not my hero. Talk about making things up.

You still comparing the Conservatives to Nazis?

5 minutes ago, Steelly said:

You read their manifesto?

And what is your opinion of our FM being racist?

I think this is a thing that is only thrown about by lunatics. It's based on wilfully misunderstanding things he's said. None of my friends who are genuinely centre right, people who have been Tory activists and candidates, would subscribe to this obvious bullshit.

It's a very common tactic of racists to accuse black people of racism. It's particularly obnoxious when their target is someone who is a victim of a tsunami of racism.

https://theferret.scot/claim-humza-yousaf-made-anti-white-speech-is-false/ 

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You are confusing me with someone else.

Absolutely not. You posted a picture of peeling back a Conservative badge to a Nazi one. You know fine well you posted that.

Do you still have that opinion?

2 minutes ago, Steelly said:

Absolutely not. You posted a picture of peeling back a Conservative badge to a Nazi one. You know fine well you posted that.

Do you still have that opinion?

There is a clip doing the rounds, of the Yale history professor Timothy Snyder being interviewed by Channel 4 News in 2020, talking about some contemporary politicians reviving political tactics from the 1920s and 1930s.

He referred to a rhetorical tactic borrowed from “a notorious manual to propaganda, which was composed in a Munich prison at the beginning of 1924, which advises that what you should do in political propaganda is always find simple slogans, and repeat them over and over again, with the effect of dividing your listeners into us and them.”

I think that book was Mein Kampf.

Make America Great Again. Stop The Steal. Take Back Control. Stop The Boats.

Fascism is not necessary military uniforms and jackboots and roman salutes and toothbrush moustaches and book burnings and concentration camps, although it can include them. It comprises the populist tactics by which a group of authoritarian, nationalistic minded leaders (and their financial backers) mobilise “us” to co-opt or bypass the usual democratic checks and balances that protect minority rights and interests of “them”, and thereby undermine democracy and the rule of law.

Britain of the 2020s is not German of the 1930s. But if British politicians do not want to be compared to German politicians from the 1930s, they should not use similar rhetoric in a similar way to similar ends.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There is a clip doing the rounds, of the Yale history professor Timothy Snyder being interviewed by Channel 4 News in 2020, talking about some contemporary politicians reviving political tactics from the 1920s and 1930s.

He referred to a rhetorical tactic borrowed from “a notorious manual to propaganda, which was composed in a Munich prison at the beginning of 1924, which advises that what you should do in political propaganda is always find simple slogans, and repeat them over and over again, with the effect of dividing your listeners into us and them.”

I think that book was Mein Kampf.

Make America Great Again. Stop The Steal. Take Back Control. Stop The Boats.

Fascism is not necessary military uniforms and jackboots and roman salutes and toothbrush moustaches and book burnings and concentration camps, although it can include them. It comprises the populist tactics by which a group of authoritarian, nationalistic minded leaders (and their financial backers) mobilise “us” to co-opt or bypass the usual democratic checks and balances that protect minority rights and interests of “them”, and thereby undermine democracy and the rule of law.

Britain of the 2020s is not German of the 1930s. But if British politicians do not want to be compared to German politicians from the 1930s, they should not use similar rhetoric in a similar way to similar ends.

Are you going to admit you posted what both you and I know you did.

Comparing them to Nazis is so wrong.

I hope you don't teach our kids that.