MJ - The story so far!

It's just getting silly now...

At the time of the first 'story' getting released the actual facts were thin on the ground. Now it seems that real truth behind this has came out. Fully behind the players here.

Didn't you engage into knee jerk fluffing of MJ/attempt to downplay when this story first reared it's head?

I can see MJ's point tbf. Just because your financial situation has improved that shouldn't be the green light to go racking up another load of debt. Perhaps this money saved on bonuses enabled Killie to bring in an extra player in the summer? Or perhaps he's just using this an excuse to be cheap?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding this bonus issue.................for me the club are in the right and the players in the wrong. Unless we are going specifically against what is in their contract or some kind of verbal agreement for higher bonuses.

Why, for example, would Losa come back and sign again if the wages/bonus were so bad.

Club must remain on a sound financial footing. We've gambled enough in the past.

I think this a case of brinkmanship and both parties are weighing up each other with the sooper whoreaway *** trying to make a story of it . MJ is a past master of this and on this occasion will have more fans on his side than he has for a very long time except the haters of course

I predict peace in our time with MJ making it a condition of any settlement confidential which if only to stymie the *** will be well worth it . The perpetrators will I shoud imagine not be forgotten when it comes to contract negotiations.

For once I have some sympathy for AJ but I appeal to him not to give any more of his insightful sound byte riddled interviews . He manages to make Danny Lennon sound interesting

I just don't understand why players would sign a contract they are not happy with?

As for AJ, give the guy a break - he deserves it so far this season.

Firstly, AJ - quite agree, the team have been unrecognisable from the shambles of last year. Seems Clark might have had more influence than we thought. I personally said some harsh things about AJ which are a wee bit embarrassing now. Happy to admit I was wrong, though/

Now, these contracts - might MJ have got some signatures on an unspoken/unwritten ,"jam tomorrow " basis? And now that the performances are stacking up he's maybe getting reluctant to pay up? I don't know, but I would really rather both sides kept it in house. Things have changed a lot in the last year_but there's a way to go yet before I'd call the club stable. All involved should be pulling together, and we can put the past few years of antagonism behind us. We're looking good on the pitch as well.

Bloody Hell, even I've been up this season - three tickets bought, two used so far. Add that to the new top which was bought for me by lads at work, and there's three figures contribution from me already. Worth it as well, to see us beat the neighbours...

You might be right WRK but again I would say that the players (if indeed this was the case) should've known better, especially if they had suffered similar in the past.

I work in banking and our bonuses are performance based - but they are still at the discretion of the board regardless of how well I think we are doing. If the players don't have a set figure in their contracts then they can't complain. IMO of course.

Archived