MJ - The story so far!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason IMHO is that he had no intention of joining the 'football board' but was in-fact joining the board of the hotel if/when it was created.

That's not what the club statement said though or Bowie's company website.

http://www.billybowietankers.co.uk/news.html

News: Billy Bowie Invests in Kilmarnock FC

Kilmarnock Football Club announces a major investment in the Club by Billy Bowie, the owner and Managing Director of Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited.

Mr Bowie is investing a significant six figure sum to become the Club's second largest shareholder and will take up a place on the Board of Directors.A lifelong Kilmarnock supporter, Billy is married with two young sons.He is a Stewarton man, born and bred, and is proud of his Ayrshire roots.

Asked why he wanted to invest in the Club at this time, Billy replied: "At present, I am in the fortunate position that I can help the Club and I feel it's the right time to get behind the Club.I hope that this investment will help start a new chapter in Scotland's oldest professional football club."

Chairman Michael Johnston said: "I am delighted to welcome Mr Bowie to the Board as the first step in my plan to expand the Board of Directors by adding local business leaders of proven stature, as well as representatives of the Club's minor shareholders, season ticket holders and local politicians.The investment which Billy is making in shares will assist the Club in meeting its long-term financial objectives.Billy clearly has the interests of the Club, its supporters and its employees at heart and I look forward to working with him in the years ahead."

Sorry if you read it that I was implying you had a vested interest weebud, certainly wasn't meant that way. In fact I was more agreeing with the point you made that I highlighted in bold.

Killieshire, I never took and slight from your post whatsoever more clarifying what I was trying to say.

I do hope that somewhere down the line this all has a happy ending but remember watching divisions grow within the St Mirren support throughout the 10,000 Hours (CiC) bid and saw first hand how people would use almost anything to discredit anyone that held a slightly different viewpoint.

Killieshire, I never took and slight from your post whatsoever more clarifying what I was trying to say.

I do hope that somewhere down the line this all has a happy ending but remember watching divisions grow with St Mirren support throughout the 10,000 Hours (CiC) bid and saw first hand how people would use almost anything to discredit anyone that held a slightly different viewpoint.

That would never happen in our support... :rolleyes:

I do hope that somewhere down the line this all has a happy ending but remember watching divisions grow within the St Mirren support throughout the 10,000 Hours (CiC) bid and saw first hand how people would use almost anything to discredit anyone that held a slightly different viewpoint.

The Killie proposition is somewhat different as it comes from the pre existing groups getting together to go for the CIC and Fanownership. More similarities to Pars and Hearts way of looking at it that 10000hours

The Killie proposition is somewhat different as it comes from the pre existing groups getting together to go for the CIC and Fanownership. More similarities to Pars and Hearts way of looking at it that 10000hours

Gee Whizz, a spectacular missing of the point there Richard!!

I wasn't in anyway comparing the CiC or Fan Ownership model to anything going on at Kilmarnock. I was commenting purely on the divisions in the support created by the deliberate attacks on individuals regardless of what they were saying that happened during the process.

As 'weebud' says, the article suggests he will invest, rather than has invested. Maybe before you criticise a statement you should actually read it first, eh? ;)

I did read it, and it doesn't say "he will invest", so I'd have to question whether you have read it.

The headline is "Local Businessman Invests in Kilmarnock FC", not "Local Businessman Will Invest in Kilmarnock FC". The line in the piece reads "Mr Bowie is investing a significant six figure sum to become the Club's second largest shareholder", not "Mr Bowie will invest a significant six figure sum to become the Club's second largest shareholder".

Gee Whizz, a spectacular missing of the point there Richard!!

I wasn't in anyway comparing the CiC or Fan Ownership model to anything going on at Kilmarnock. I was commenting purely on the divisions in the support created by the deliberate attacks on individuals regardless of what they were saying that happened during the process.

Ok i was trying to make the link that this had more to do with the 10000hours idea and group coming from outwith the normal groups and so as the idea for the CIC for Killie was being generated from within the current Killie Fan groups that there was less chance of such a polarising of position as happened with 10000hours

I did read it, and it doesn't say "he will invest", so I'd have to question whether you have read it.

The headline is "Local Businessman Invests in Kilmarnock FC", not "Local Businessman Will Invest in Kilmarnock FC". The line in the piece reads "Mr Bowie is investing a significant six figure sum to become the Club's second largest shareholder", not "Mr Bowie will invest a significant six figure sum to become the Club's second largest shareholder".

Does it matter what any of the statements say when as someone else said he was listed as a director in the match programme and he also featured on the board page as a director on the official website. There is no wriggle room there. The whole scenario was one massive fabrication and they have been caught out. These people can't be trusted to be up front, they can't be trusted to be honest or tell the truth and they certainly can't be trusted to do the best thing for our club.

The situation at Kilmarnock is no different to that of a political party in office. A lot of the public will be annoyed by many of their actions, so whenever something negative happens they spin, spin, spin - using their friends in the media to help them out. They'll try their best not to leak certain things, but the public will realise that a lot of what is said doesn't add up, and question it. The difference is that Kilmarnock F.C. is a small business, ran primarily by one man. When the Prime Minister makes a mistake or says something controversial. they have a team ready to leap into action. We have MJ trying to "clarify" to his media chums, which inevitably doesn't help appease the support because it never feels that he is ever properly challenged on anything.

The situation at Kilmarnock is no different to that of a political party in office. A lot of the public will be annoyed by many of their actions, so whenever something negative happens they spin, spin, spin - using their friends in the media to help them out. They'll try their best not to leak certain things, but the public will realise that a lot of what is said doesn't add up, and question it. The difference is that Kilmarnock F.C. is a small business, ran primarily by one man. When the Prime Minister makes a mistake or says something controversial. they have a team ready to leap into action. We have MJ trying to "clarify" to his media chums, which inevitably doesn't help appease the support because it never feels that he is ever properly challenged on anything.

If he was a politician he'd be long gone.

From the outside it would seem that any deals involving the two main protagonists entail a lot of "smoke and mirrors".

It looks like Bowie has decided to "invest" in the club, but hasn't quite decided in what capacity he wishes to do so.

Could it be that he sees taking the hotel off the club's hands as helping the club out financially, but at the same time providing him with the possibility of making some money from the hotel in the longer term?

Whatever the finances involved, and given the way this convoluted situation has unfolded, you can be assured that any financial institutions involved in funding any transactions, will be investigating the details of any deal to a great degree.

This thread has descended into the dictionary definition of semantics.

All I want is my club back.

This. A hundred times this. We should be looking forward to a Losa-Boyd combo helping the young lads along to a top-six place, and we're mired in the same shite as we have been for years.

Could one of us not just win the Euro-Millions and horse the fúcking lot?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived