MJ - The story so far!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie will still own the hotel.

If Johnston and Bowie pull off a deal to get the debt written off and the club still own the hotel at the end of it then I will be the first to sing their praises. I have always said that as long as the club benefits and not any individual then we can have no complaints, quite the contrary in fact, it would be a result and a half and worthy of congratulations. I really hope you are correct because that is not the way we are hearing it at the moment from the people involved.

Of course I still vehemently disagree with Johnston's stance against community ownership (even Bowie acknowledges it has to come), some of his comments in recent times are that of a badly written Dickensian villain, stuff that would have anyone shaking their head in disbelief. Come the start of next season there will be eight clubs in the SPFL that will be community owned, and many more are looking to go down that route because the bad old days of diddery dictators are fast coming to an end. Without the fans and community behind clubs they are finished.

Heard a wee story tonight that Monday bears news, good for some and bad for others, didn't fully comprehend what was getting said as most of it, to be honest went over my daft head, but suffice to say the pro MJ camp (West Cure :huh: ) will be :)

:thumbsdown I was hoping that the fans harmony was getting back to what it used to be like, but some cnut has just smash through the room with a shotgun!

Sorry for the drunken ramble, I've been to the chapel for my niece's christening and had one or two many with father Jack (tis his real name honest) :angel

FFS Wizbic hope that's a wee bit better!

If it's what I've heard (i.e. MJ agreeing a deal with the bank that means we keep the hotel) then of course certain people will be upset. But as Baz rightly says, if he pulled this off then he has earned the respect of the Kilmarnock support.

I concur, but I will wait to see the in and outs of the deal first, but hope your right :thumsup2

MJ is about to become one of the best liked Killie people of all time. How will the MM lovers take that news? Will it be red cards for them? One day some might forgive them but as I am old I doubt I will.

I am far from a lover of Marie Macklin but she's long gone so why bring her up? You won't forgive or forget her but you will forgive and forget the catalogue of f*ck ups by Michael Johnston if he pulls off some deal with the bank that will increase the value of his shares? Double standards. Believe me, I am no stranger to hiding behind screen names and winding up people left right and centre but at least make it a bit more believable. You can kid yourself on all you like but MJ isn't suddenly going to become a good chairman and the crowds aren't suddenly going to start returning. You can't undo the past or rewrite history because the banks have suddenly decided to offload as much toxic debt as they can (see Dundee Utd, they must be geniuses as well). Is it just the 500 who made a stand this year that you are not going to forgive or the 6,000 that have had enough over the last decade as well? Such bitterness in anyone's heart is hard to comprehend, it must be a bit galling that probably not one of them give a toss what you think, except me of course, I appreciate a good anonymous keyboard warrior!

MJ is about to become one of the best liked Killie people of all time. How will the MM lovers take that news? Will it be red cards for them? One day some might forgive them but as I am old I doubt I will.

Rab gee it a bye now, its no funny!

Good post Tastie, hope yer well ? O and i have a sore heed after yesterdays celebrations :blink:

As much as I dislike MJ, if he can get us debt free from the £13m debt we started with he deserves our support imo.

However, this is tricky micky we are talking about here. Where's the catch?

Watch this space................................

A new supporter-based consortium have indicated their interest in buying the majority shareholding in Kilmarnock Football Club.

The Killie (Community) Working Party have expressed their desire to take over from Michael Johnston, provided the current chairman can reach an agreement with the bank to wipe out the club's debt.

The move by the party, which consists of five supporter groups, comes less than a week after the Kilmarnock Futures Consortium, a separate fan-led bid, withdrew its interest in purchasing the club.

Gary Torbett, a director of the Killie Trust, said on behalf of The Killie (Community) Working Party: "We would like to acknowledge the work being undertaken by the chairman of Kilmarnock Football Club to make the club debt free and would positively encourage him to make every effort to come to an agreement with the club bankers and other significant lenders to reduce the debt to zero.

"The Killie (Community) Working Party would like to make an offer to purchase the chairman’s entire shareholding if this can be achieved.

"This offer would be contingent on a fair valuation of the company and the completion of a satisfactory due diligence process.

"This purchase would be undertaken by a new Community Interest Company (CIC) with a democratically elected board.

"We see this move as a genuine step forward as we prepare to get our club back.

"Unfortunately there remains concern amongst supporters with the long term position of the club and we firmly believe that fan and community ownership is where that lies rather than relying on a single majority shareholder who won’t be around for ever.

"The only constants at any club are the fans and the community it is based in.

"We will shortly launch our formal efforts to raise the money to take the club into community ownership and we hope that the business community – both private and public – as well as community groups and supporters will get behind us."

The group has been formed with assistance from Supporters Direct Scotland, who have provided most recently provided support towards the fan-led purchases at Dunfermline Athletic and the proposed sale of Hearts.

"I met with Michael Johnston, on behalf of The Killie (Community) Working Party, on Friday [7th February] and conveyed the outline of the supporters’ offer," Paul Goodwin, head of Supporters Direct Scotland, said.

"I reiterated SDS’ willingness to assist in progressing this offer to a satisfactory conclusion for both parties."

The Killie (Community) Working Party consists of the Killie Trust, the Kilmarnock FC Supporters Association, the Business Club, Young Kilmarnock and other minority shareholders in the club.

Thoughts? Seems a bit cheeky to me... "You go and do the good work with the bank Mr Chairman, but then we still want you out."

Archived