Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Sounds reasonably promising listening to the woman on the news :unsure2:

It didn't crash straight through the roof but went through following the crash !?

That's consistent with something someone said on Digital Spy about seeing a picture (no idea where) of the helicopter intact on the roof.

CNN apparently have a live stream. Also, a lot more sirens going off now which is somewhat surprising - potentially worse than first feared?

http://weplaylive.tv/live-news-stream/

I'd imagine that emergency services are back and forth between the pub and the hospital. Several people have already been "rushed" in according to facebook and there's sure to be more.

CNN anchor addresses woman as "Christine" and asks what she is seeing.

Her: "First of all, it's Christina"

:lol:

I'd imagine that emergency services are back and forth between the pub and the hospital. Several people have already been "rushed" in according to facebook and there's sure to be more.

Now you mention it, that's blindingly obvious.

Edited by yoda

I doubt the rotors would have inflicted much damage - the main rotor would most probably be driven by a free power turbine so the rotors aren't 'fixed' directly to the engines - they should come to a stop reasonably quickly during a collision !

I agree, the rotors will have been designed to break away rather than possibly shatter into loads of shrapnel. If its came through the roof without them rotating then they will likely have came clear on the way through. The fuselage coming through and the roof collapsing will account for most of the damage. Needless to say i thought i was being bammed up when i read this, i live about 10-15 minutes away from there and i didnt hear a thing.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC